• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Interesting post from Reddit suggesting the Noob v11 is all 904L. Make of it what you will...

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...omment/g6hawhg

If someone has genuinely done a test / FTIR theres no reason not to post a picture of the scan resuls.

edit - balls. I cant see Reddit properly on mobile and i dont have the will to figure it out. I’ll accept the results posted here. Reddit not so much. And I wouldn’t get a Noob anyway.

Last edited:

J84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/20
It might be biased for ZF but not for me, I just happened needing such a test to be included in my review so I took advantage of the ZF review, all the contestants in this review are advertised as 904L and we didn’t know any of them is a hybrid or 316, even ZF was not 100% sure his own version is a full 904 before the test but he has confidence because his supplier says yes.

Anyways I will do the rest of the review when ARF V4 comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi when will ZF released a no date?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Actually those hybrids only use 316L on their clasps and everything else is 904L, I think it’s acceptable to me but the full 316L one is a joke, since it has a significant price tag on it.

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
If someone has genuinely done a test / FTIR theres no reason not to post a picture of the scan resuls.

edit - balls. I cant see Reddit properly on mobile and i dont have the will to figure it out. I’ll accept the results posted here. Reddit not so much. And I wouldn’t get a Noob anyway.

It actually has a picture of the test results and it clearly says 904l

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Why though? No date is popular.

He has to make another batch of parts and the sales is not as good as the dates models

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Good shit angus.its a shame zzf and rxf and vsf and noob all lied about using 904 steel

The other factories also use 904L. Just not on the ENTIRE watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Actually those hybrids only use 316L on their clasps and everything else is 904L, I think it’s acceptable to me but the full 316L one is a joke, since it has a significant price tag on it.

Can you at least reveal the full 316L one right now so people know who are about to order?

Reactions: arpa90