• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
After all of this,What the result is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You have my thanks
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: maxracingshox

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
You are too new to the scene, if you joined 10 years ago and you would know I am close to all the major makers, I also met Noob and VSF last month and gave them advices about their release of their latest SUBs. You may find I have more info about ARF and ZF because they are willing to share those info with me, that's why I am posting more about ZF and ARF. If other makers share their info with me and I will definitely post here as well.

As I have posted elsewhere, I have my preference and favourite BUT it has nothing to do about the FACTs, I only tell truth, if it is good and I will say it is good and I will say no otherwise.

The reason of me doing this review is because there are too many people PM/Email me and ask me which one is better, and I dont think anyone on the forum will buy all the SUBs to do the review, so I am doing it. I will try my best to make the review as fair as possible.

P.S. ARF never use 904L for marketing, honestly I didnt know ARF is a pure 904L before today's test.

1) Being fairly new (two years of reading now) doesn’t mean that I am not able to understand what makers a TD is closer with now. It is clear that you have a particularly good relationship with ARF and ZF, after all you shared their information. Other TDs are sharing info from other factories. It’s normal.
2) Nobody questions your honesty and I am sorry if I haven’t clarified this before. We all know you say the truth and you are trusted and we all appreciate your info and the upcoming review.
3) I just noticed that there was a bias. If you are a member here you are meant to contribute actively. Some people here may be ignoring that there was a bias in the review. This famous bias was in fact confirmed by the fact that ZF organized the test. They were sure they were using 904L and others not (from your previous posts you told that ZF thinks that majority of clasps are 316L) so they organized the test to show they are better than others in this regard. This is a bias.
4) ARF heavily relies on 904L marketing. Release the same exact watch but advertising it as 904L (16610) increasing the price of almost 100$ is not marketing based on 904L? ARF is also mainly known for their steel finishing. They are certainly not known to be the most accurate reps at the moment

That said, thanks for your contributions, we all appreciate that! Hope to see your review as soon as possible. Just take my intervention as a constructive and polite criticism made not knowing that the review was going to be a complete review rather than just a steel comparison.

Last edited:

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Wish you were in EU so I could send you some rep knives for testing..

Is there such a thing as rep knives?
I'm not sure why you would ever need to buy a rep knife, but we might have to branch out into other products besides watches now... :eek:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
1) Being fairly new (two years of reading now) doesn’t mean that I am not able to understand what makers a TD is closer with now. It is clear that you have a particularly good relationship with ARF and ZF, after all you shared their information. Other TDs are sharing info from other factories. It’s normal.
2) Nobody questions your honesty and I am sorry if I haven’t clarified this before. We all know you say the truth and you are trusted and we all appreciate your info and the upcoming review.
3) I just noticed that there was a bias. If you are a member here you are meant to contribute actively. Some people here may be ignoring that there was a bias in the review. This famous bias was in fact confirmed by the fact that ZF organized the test. They were sure they were using 904L and others not (from your previous posts you told that ZF thinks that majority of clasps are 316L) so they organized the test to show they are better than others in this regard. This is a bias.
4) ARF heavily relies on 904L marketing. Release the same exact watch but advertising it as 904L (116610) increasing the price of almost 100$ is not marketing based on 904L? ARF is also mainly known for their steel finishing. They are certainly not known to be the most accurate reps at the moment

That said, thanks for your contributions, we all appreciate that! Hope to see your review as soon as possible. Just take my intervention as a constructive and polite criticism made not knowing that the review was going to be a complete review rather than just a steel comparison.

Everyone has their own comprehension, it is fine, I am only showing the first part of the review.

I am only taking advantage of ZF test to be part of my review.

As I have said, I have my preference and favorite but they have nothing to do with the facts.

The final review will be testing all the parts.

Reactions: stufuse and vcappp

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
Everyone has their own comprehension, it is fine, I am only showing the first part of the review.

I am only taking advantage of ZF test to be part of my review.

As I have said, I have my preference and favorite but they have nothing to do with the facts.

The final review will be testing all the parts.

Any idea on when we will see the final review? Cant wait :D

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
If anyone would like to check their reps for material chemical composition I would be happy to help. I’ve tested an ARF bracelet link and it is full 904L. The machine we use is more accurate than any hand held device available to the public.
7b6dd947ff38c4cd4b51945c0c809270.jpg

53cb6b3d4bc19b399044719e229d992d.plist

Hes using an XRF, it's as accurate as what you are using.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
This is not a single purpose test, it is only part of my upcoming ultimate review of all the Subs which will includes the review of everything which includes the steel, case, bezels, crystal, dial, hands, bracelet and movement. Will reveal all results in the review.

Me personally really appreciate this kind of facts and looking forward to see the complete reviews of everything you’re going to review.

BTW any news ARF V4 will be released?
And will they release both LN/LV same time?

Best regards

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
This is not a single purpose test, it is only part of my upcoming ultimate review of all the Subs which will includes the review of everything which includes the steel, case, bezels, crystal, dial, hands, bracelet and movement. Will reveal all results in the review.

Can you test the case backs? That's the most important part that should be 904l.