• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
This is not a single purpose test, it is only part of my upcoming ultimate review of all the Subs which will includes the review of everything which includes the steel, case, bezels, crystal, dial, hands, bracelet and movement. Will reveal all results in the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
This is not a single purpose test, it is only part of my upcoming ultimate review of all the Subs which will includes the review of everything which includes the steel, case, bezels, crystal, dial, hands, bracelet and movement. Will reveal all results in the review.

Very nice and looking forward to it. Anyway able to check pm?

Kayatsu1

12/10/19

That’s fair! Waiting for it.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Very nice and looking forward to it. Anyway able to check pm?

Thank you my friend. PM doesn’t work too well on my phone and Jennifer will check in the morning if you are not too rush, if it is urgent and I will do when I go home.

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
If anyone would like to check their reps for material chemical composition I would be happy to help. I’ve tested an ARF bracelet link and it is full 904L. The machine we use is more accurate than any hand held device available to the public.
7b6dd947ff38c4cd4b51945c0c809270.jpg

53cb6b3d4bc19b399044719e229d992d.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Thank you my friend. PM doesn’t work too well on my phone and Jennifer will check in the morning if you are not too rush, if it is urgent and I will do when I go home.

Thanks. I made 1 order, but want to buy another watch also. Able to ship them together and get shipping coupon on 2nd order? Have a good day.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

Will this review include the ZZF V3?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I got mine V10 Deep Sea and it stated 904 but in the end I just care if it shines and man does it. I dont know anything about the difference. Just how does it stand againts scratches and how shiney it it. I love shiney.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
My point is more towards the fact that everybody knows that ARF (and if you followed ZF release you know it’s the same for ZF) is heavily relying on 904L for marketing. A comparison only based on steel used it is a bit biased and we all know how Angus is close with ZF and ARF. I would rather take time to make more meaningful comparisons.
I can agree with you on the fact that for consumers it’s always pleasant to know.

You are too new to the scene, if you joined 10 years ago and you would know I am close to all the major makers, I also met Noob and VSF last month and gave them advices about their release of their latest SUBs. You may find I have more info about ARF and ZF because they are willing to share those info with me, that's why I am posting more about ZF and ARF. If other makers share their info with me and I will definitely post here as well.

As I have posted elsewhere, I have my preference and favourite BUT it has nothing to do about the FACTs, I only tell truth, if it is good and I will say it is good and I will say no otherwise.

The reason of me doing this review is because there are too many people PM/Email me and ask me which one is better, and I dont think anyone on the forum will buy all the SUBs to do the review, so I am doing it. I will try my best to make the review as fair as possible.

P.S. ARF never use 904L for marketing, honestly I didnt know ARF is a pure 904L before today's test.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
If anyone would like to check their reps for material chemical composition I would be happy to help. I’ve tested an ARF bracelet link and it is full 904L. The machine we use is more accurate than any hand held device available to the public.

We have an expert here :)

For obvious reasons we cant go to the lab to do the tests and we cannot record any videos so people may think we are cheating. So we told the lab guy to come to us to do the test so he can only use the portable device. I have no ideas what the device's name is but he said it is expensive haha.

And the reading I took pic of should be the ARF bracelet buckle, is that the same as your result?

bec2c4f5579f53208b3c75300d2dec85.jpg

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Wish you were in EU so I could send you some rep knives for testing..

Reactions: Ecender

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I didnt know ARF is a pure 904L before today's test.

Angus, could you tell us now who is second full 904l? so we can start sharpening our spears for the other makers, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Angus, could you tell us now who is second full 904l? so we can start sharpening our spears for the other makers, lol

Haha the test was organized by ZF so you know who is the second, he did it because he is confident about the result, and we all didn’t know about the others before today’s test because we didn’t do this before and that lab guy was the first time visiting us.

We were invited for witnessing to make sure it is a fair test.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
As I have mentioned before, it is only part of my upcoming review of the subs, the material used is not as important as some other parts.

This review only tells which factories are capable of making small parts with 904L steel and that’s all.

Making a steel part in the right shape is more important than using the right material.

The right material is only a bonus.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Man I haven‘t been this excited since the V6s release about ceramic subs. 904L watches, true clone movements, black hole crystals... What a time to be alive!