• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Flip lock rivet pin replacement for oyster/submariner clasp

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Hi,

The flip lock rivet pin on my 92350 clasp is becoming loose:

I don't now if it's the hole that has widen or the rivet head that got tapered but well i'll need to replace it soon... (plus it's a bit bent).
So i have a few questions:
- How can i replace it ? And how hard it is to make it by myself?
- What is the reference number for this part?

Thanks!

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Ok thanks!

What tool would you use to remove the existing pin? And wich one to install the new one?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok thanks!

What tool would you use to remove the existing pin? And wich one to install the new one?

I would probably bend the pin a little and tape off surrounding pieces. Then carefully touch the rivet head to a stationary (vice-held) dremel with rotating 600 grit sanding drum. Rivet will then just pull out the other side. To replace these you just tap the loose pin into the shaft with a jeweler's hammer - friction fit.

Last edited:

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
So i made the classic mistake of going too fast. I ordered the pin before removing the old one so i couldn't measure the exact diameter. I thought it was 1.1 mm (and ordered one) but no, at least on mine it's 1mm. But now it's fixed!