• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman Prototype

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Currently this is the best insert but buyers should know that:
1) insert could fade as a great number of their LN inserts.
2) SH movement could fail as the majority of their SH GMT movements.

Truth is that this watch is a good deal only because is the only decent batman at this time and every buyer should be aware of the risks.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Also, these are not absolute facts but just my opinion: we are finally seeing new makers in the Rolex market that are truly putting efforts in details. They use correct lume, correct indices, correct fonts and are even making correct (or mostly) cases. VSF is developing their own movements. I see absolutely zero reasons to spend money to buy a watch that eventually will broke and with those CGs and lugs in 2020. I don't know if you noticed but those CGs especially are atrocious. It looks just like another watch to me. Newcomers will do better.

Last edited:

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Who's going to be our guinea pig and post up QC pics? Im really wanting to know if the CGs and lugs are as bad as initially thought. I didnt even notice until I compared PTs listing to the Noob v10.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Currently this is the best insert but buyers should know that:
1) insert could fade as a great number of their LN inserts.
2) SH movement could fail as the majority of their SH GMT movements.

Truth is that this watch is a good deal only because is the only decent batman at this time and every buyer should be aware of the risks.
Well said brother. Never settle. There's no rush.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kayatsu1

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Curious to know why they didn’t make it with the jubilee bracelet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Curious to know why they didn’t make it with the jubilee bracelet??

Likely because they wanted to share the case and bracelet with the LN to save money. But considering their case I highly suspect this choice won't really pay them off.

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
I‘m also not very impressed of the insert, all hope of getting the best Batman insert from ARF has died I think, transition at 18 is completely off, and it seems to be that there are speed bumps and a color difference on the fonts plating from black on blue too..

Reactions: Vitor747

Mopfloyd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
I‘m also not very impressed of the insert, all hope of getting the best Batman insert from ARF has died I think, transition at 18 is completely off, and it seems to be that there are speed bumps and a color difference on the fonts plating from black on blue too..

Im the lucky owner of your noob based batman sir . You know your onions on these watches that’s for sure

Reactions: Noleex

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I believe what Angus meant was this is the first prototype and there is another proto in couple weeks hopefully a little better.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I had high hopes too and I'm really bummed after reading this thread.. :(

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I believe what Angus meant was this is the first prototype and there is another proto in couple weeks hopefully a little better.

I would love to see something better from them but
1) case won't change, they are using the same used for LN
2) it took years and years for them to develop the insert, I doubt they will be able to change something big. Maybe they'll refine it a bit.
3) they won't switch movement, if we are lucky they could at least change indices. But I doubt it. We will get the same watch with a few refinements.

Reactions: KJ2020

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I would love to see something better from them but
1) case won't change, they are using the same used for LN
2) it took years and years for them to develop the insert, I doubt they will be able to change something big. Maybe they'll refine it a bit.
3) they won't switch movement, if we are lucky they could at least change indices. But I doubt it. We will get the same watch with a few refinements.

Can you explain to me why and where ARF gmt case is wrong?
i built my franken on the ARF case with VR movement and all gen parts, do you think i should use another case? and if so, which one?

Thank you very much :)

Reactions: watchboi and KJ2020

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
bff66c88fc18858c8c9ceedaa876e679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks pretty good to me.

When is this gonna be availble puretime ?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I pulled the trigger, The color looks like the best so far, I know the transition point is an issue as well as the movement, but ARF does a great job as a package. I had the 166710ln and it really was pretty nice, even the datewheel font compared to the other 4 ARF DW I had in the past. We’ll see ...

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I pulled the trigger, The color looks like the best so far, I know the transition point is an issue as well as the movement, but ARF does a great job as a package. I had the 166710ln and it really was pretty nice, even the datewheel font compared to the other 4 ARF DW I had in the past. We’ll see ...

Waiting with baited breadth on your QC pics!