• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

AX3L

8/9/20
Italy
This is mine VSF 116610, purchased from Trusty.

Its an S29, the most recent batch

(I've asked to Andrew for an S19 cause I tought it was the most recent one, but correctly he sent me THE most recent one)

The rehaut seems pretty good (sorry for the dirtiness....)

ZvChTt.jpg
ZvC2b2.jpg

Last edited:

bimboslice

Looking Around
25/3/21
Hey guys, I got my VSF sub today, everything is great, but there is a slight problem with the date wheel. When I turn the crown to adjust the date wheel, the date pops just slightly below the center, and when I turn the crown the other way a bit, the date wheel adjusts back to the center. There doesn't seem to have a problem when the date adjusts itself naturally. Anyone know what is causing this minor issue? is it a matter of reseating the datewheel? Maybe, it's just loose?

Thanks.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This is why the date can be high/low in your QC pics (being fiddled with manually). When it changes by itself it should centre ok.

The date changes HIGH by itself on my gen between 1and16 and my AD said it was within tolerance when I took it back when it was a week old so I have zero sympathy for any of you. It’s not a flaw on my gen so it’s not a flaw on your China build.

Last edited:

Ossenaar

Horology Curious
23/7/17
Ordered mine last weekend. I was looking for a no date sub but I changed my mind. I can't wait till the QC pics. I keep you guys updated.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hey guys, I got my VSF sub today, everything is great, but there is a slight problem with the date wheel. When I turn the crown to adjust the date wheel, the date pops just slightly below the center, and when I turn the crown the other way a bit, the date wheel adjusts back to the center. There doesn't seem to have a problem when the date adjusts itself naturally. Anyone know what is causing this minor issue? is it a matter of reseating the datewheel? Maybe, it's just loose?

Thanks.

Mine does the same, but not every time. And so did my gen till it's last service. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bug the crap out of me. But I'm told I do display signs of OCD on certain matters :)

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Mine is +20 seconds per day, and the timegraph said +1 sec

Last edited:

A.Watch.Enthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/21
UK
090269ca42bd1e86896b770bc2cdbe66.jpg

208288a55745ae1c05d3ba19e4d56466.jpg

e769ad89d0c11e7853677ce984265c02.jpg

42e70c584e6830293f47d9b3f9b38431.jpg

Thoughts on QC ? Slightly worried about the crown dots, the number 5, the dial lines ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.Watch.Enthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/21
UK
Right before anyone rinses me a new ring price. Does this go on RWI forum or is this separate to RWI I’ve literally just downloaded TapTalk to I apologise in advance if it has.

giphy.gif

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thoughts on QC ? Slightly worried about the crown dots, the number 5, the dial lines ?

If you look more close you can se that the dial lines are slightly more fat beside every dot. Just noticed that on my QC (LN) as well.

Of course, I accepted it anyway. If this is a flaw or correct I dont know or care. I dont even have the interest to google it as it such a microscopic thing...

Noobylover

Known Member
28/2/21
If you look more close you can se that the dial lines are slightly more fat beside every dot. Just noticed that on my QC (LN) as well.

Of course, I accepted it anyway. If this is a flaw or correct I dont know or care. I dont even have the interest to google it as it such a microscopic thing...

Good. Because its how its supposed to be. This is a characteristic of the gen. If you want all second hand markers to look the same and not bold every 5 seconds, you should get a custom dial. Rolex bolds the marker every five seconds.

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I demagnetized mine which suffered the same, now is back to normal. +/- 3 secs per day

I used app “lepsi” for IOS to see if it is magnetized, and it says no, but my gen tag heuer carrera yes!!.

I am checking deeper the vsf 3135 sub and it is running about 1 second faster per hour!!! That means around 30 seconds per day.

how the hell the QC Pics displayed accuracy of 1 second?
I have tried diferent positions and same result, running too much fast. In the meantime I have ordered a demagnetizer in aliexpress.

I’d like to have 3-5 seconds per day :(

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Just get a regular compass, it´s what I did. Every single mechanical watch I own was magnetized to some extent. Bought also a 15 USD demagnetizer in Aliexpress and now they keep time fine.