• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
On a different note. Has it been stated if the insert numbers are painted or plated. I’ve seen it said both ways. Chazing has it as platinum plated.
Whether it's platinum or not I haven't had any fading chipping on this or any other clean bezels

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiral_Cabbage

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Didn't zzf v2s also come with inaccurate teeths on the bezel? I remember reading about this somewhere.

ZZF V2 had incorrect sharp bezel teeth, however they improved it in V2S onwards n in V3. So, ZZF V2s n V3 have correct bezel teeth:)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
each to its own, but I don't think so. I have both zzf v3 and vsf:)

I will get bashed for this but check out the new Clean subs those are completely on a different level.

IMG-4875.jpg

IMG-4940.jpg

Reactions: 2841 and YellowFin

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I will get bashed for this but check out the new Clean subs those are completely on a different level.

IMG-4875.jpg

That LEC is a bit OTT isn't it?

EDIT - not sure anything is on a different level - it's still just a re-branded ZZF

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
That LEC is a bit OTT isn't it?

EDIT - not sure anything is on a different level - it's still just a re-branded ZZF

Yes that's a bit more OTT than it should be correct they still have flaws.

They are not just rebranded basically almost everything has been upgraded from V3 - hands, dial, markers, rehaut, crystal, insert, bezel...

Hands are the star of the show though.

Won't argue which is the best sub as to each it's own I get that VSF for a 1st release is the best someone has ever done.

Hope VSF does a V2 with Clean like dial, rehaut and hands would buy that right away.

Reactions: 2841

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Is it worth getting vsf LN date and cf no date and swap the cf dial, bracelet (if its better at all), crystal and insert into vsf?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Is it worth getting vsf LN date and cf no date and swap the cf dial, bracelet (if its better at all), crystal and insert into vsf?

Some have already done it and even frankened that way.

Depends on 2 things I guess which is more important to you gen like rehaut or gen like CG's. I actually planned to do the same at one point but the rehaut is just much better on Clean (VSF it's too small and thin font) and you mostly look at those things (dial, hands, martkers...) not the CG's when you look at your watch so decided not to. Might still do that if I change my mind.

Reactions: sukwonee and Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Depends on 2 things I guess which is more important to you gen like rehaut or gen like CG's. I actually planned to do the same at one point but the rehaut is just much better on Clean (VSF it's too small and thin font) and you mostly look at those things (dial, hands, martkers...) not the CG's when you look at your watch so decided not to. Might still do that if I change my mind.

Do you have cgs side by side maybe? I wonder how big is difference

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Do you have cgs side by side maybe? I wonder how big is difference

Don't have VSF unfortunately.

If you check the Clean thread there are side by sides with gen in the Li's first post.

They improved these from ZZF V3 but no where close to VSF / gen.

Reactions: Cadows

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks, guys. Still don't understand what a "disambiguated LEC" is. I can only see a regular LEC on the picture.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So I'm getting a new model because I loved my old one but the fat hour hand annoyed me. I'd rather get the new slimmer hour hand.

I believe this is the new hand, would just like if others can confirm as it is sometimes hard to tell on a blown up photo.

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
So I'm getting a new model because I loved my old one but the fat hour hand annoyed me. I'd rather get the new slimmer hour hand.

I believe this is the new hand, would just like if others can confirm as it is sometimes hard to tell on a blown up photo.

New hand New rehaut.

Reactions: Duckber

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

This exactly. To me, not worth doing the swap.

One question I have though is - did the clean no-date come with disabled 2nd crown position? does it have a phantom date function?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
This exactly. To me, not worth doing the swap.

One question I have though is - did the clean no-date come with disabled 2nd crown position? does it have a phantom date function?

Its the same old VR3130 no date function but the 2nd position is very long like there’s a position missing in between which it probably is. I assume on gen it’s short as moving from 2nd to 3rd on a sub date someone can probably confirm that.

Reactions: sukwonee