• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Oddly enough I appear to have gotten the old watch with misaligned rehaut and fat hour hand but the new bracelet

Mine the same.

My guess is that the bracelet upgrade happened before the hand and the rehaut upgrade.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
I have an ARF E5N. Compared to my VSF116610's some of my observations:

The side of the links are sharp. (VSF is much better)
The glide lock is too loose. (VSF same and better (I have 2)
The little flip on the clasp is wafer thin on the front edge. (VSF better)
The centre of the SEL is nice and sharp like gen. (VSF same and potentially not as good)
The glide ladder on the underside of the clasp is same as VSF and gen (same as VSF and gen)

ARF E5N is a very nice bracelet once you soften the sharp edges. The SEL's on the one I have are nice and sharp. It won't fit on my VSF without bending pins and having crap recess, it may be different for you. Out of the box though, VSF is very genuine like in weight, softness and feel. One of my VSF's has comparable end links. I have only one E5N to compare, other examples may differ.

ok sounds good i think i sell my ZZF V2S LV with ARF Bracelet and get a newest Batch VSF LV or LN.

the question is: still wait for batch with better rehaut or other improvements or get the current batch :)

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Clasp part number? If that's your only complaint with this rep, everything's fine.

yes only compaint was clasp... the weight was good... looked really good... felt premium

code was e5n

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
100%. People are freaking about things that just don't matter. It's entertaining albeit frustrating too.

I completely agree with you guys, as for the bracelet i just ordered it because i got curious as for the rehaut and so on i don't care as much. I'm just happy that vsf decided to enter the rep market because they raised the bar.

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
Anyone “freaking” over the rehaut in the updated VSF’s is reallyyyy nitpicking and should just go buy a gen.
I’ve had my updated VSF next to a gen for an entire week and spent a good amount of time each day studying the differences between them. I can confidently state that well over 99% of the population will NEVER tell it’s a rep simply by looking at it on your wrist. Not that my aim is to fool anyone, but if it were, I would confidently take an updated VSF off my wrist and hand it to anyone questioning it. Now, if the person is a true connoisseur and pulls out a loupe, you may be in trouble. Even they would tell you it’s probably the best damn rep they’ve ever seen.
That’s just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLukeNY

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Anyone “freaking” over the rehaut in the updated VSF’s is reallyyyy nitpicking and should just go buy a gen.
I’ve had my updated VSF next to a gen for an entire week and spent a good amount of time each day studying the differences between them. I can confidently state that well over 99% of the population will NEVER tell it’s a rep simply by looking at it on your wrist. Not that my aim is to fool anyone, but if it were, I would confidently take an updated VSF off my wrist and hand it to anyone questioning it. Now, if the person is a true connoisseur and pulls out a loupe, you may be in trouble. Even they would tell you it’s probably the best damn rep they’ve ever seen.
That’s just my opinion of course.

Agree 100%. This is the best replica watch ever along with the VSF126610. I hope VSF do more Rolex models, I have a box here to fill with amazing quality watches.

I will never buy a genuine Rolex again I don't think.. (unless the phone rings for that Pepsi I ordered 3/4yrs ago).

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I recall 6 years ago when rep bezels, inserts, bracelets and dials were awful and there were guys like Smoke schooling us all in the different issues against gens. Now people are complaining about clasp codes, LOL :p

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I will never buy a genuine Rolex again I don't think.. (unless the phone rings for that Pepsi I ordered 3/4yrs ago).

After I ended up paying £2400+ to service my Breguet I'm with you on that one. Don't see myself buying gen watch over 1k anymore, unless some microbrand comes out with a piece I'm really taken of.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
While I agree people shouldn't freak out over little things, I also think that the forum is about education and providing information about both gen and reps. This is also why some of us are more knowledgeable about the gens than gen owners (and we get there by knowing every little difference from our reps to gen). If there are variances (no matter how big or small), I feel like those things are good to know and if they get fixed, I think it's a great thing for everyone.

With that said, I personally don't freak out over rehaut alignments, clasp codes. It's good to know there are flaws but at the end of the day, I accept rep is a rep and I buy replicas that have flaws I can tolerate.

Reactions: leo6929 and Tobel

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
I agree there are flaws however if in paying 400 for a rep and the same rep improves things yes i will nitpick because i have a R flaw and the same person who paid the same price has a better version

Reactions: recan1ze

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
Hi as i sold all my reps

i still enjoy being here

i finally convinced my brother to get a rep so as i done some research on his behalf i went with mirotime/ because from what i seen geektime batches all have thick font and jtime has good font etc but old bezels

from the looks of it:

1. rehaut R no flaw overall good rehaut
2. bezel aligned quite well
3. The font is thin ... decent alignement
4. Ok so the bracelet i am still unclear what is new but judging the clear Rolex stamp and the design looks quite clear? Its a new one
5. the screw in the new bracelet
6. the squares in the clasp underside one big one

i genuinly think this is the best batch iv seen so far

only
posting qc to show my findings

https://ibb.co/M7BBwCZ
https://ibb.co/41N8kwZ
https://ibb.co/pRbkjwr
https://ibb.co/YXbG7fL
https://ibb.co/BcH2YXG
https://ibb.co/pZmHz6Q

Reactions: sukwonee

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I approved this one yesterday, one of the best rehauts i've seen so far. Date looks very good as well and no fat hands :)

Reactions: sukwonee

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I agree there are flaws however if in paying 400 for a rep and the same rep improves things yes i will nitpick because i have a R flaw and the same person who paid the same price has a better version

The same exact thing is with gens, you can either get a gen with a nice dw and rehaut and others with misaligned Rehaut and left or up justified dw. If your such a nitpicker with reps, not even gens with satisfiy you lol

Reactions: Esaelias