• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Ah.. thanks for that. It appears that the glide ladder on the 'new' one is exactly like gen. the 'old' not so gen like.

yh your right even the arf the squares are all the same apart from the top one which is abit bigger and that is how it is on gen.....

iv sold all my reps but these changes make me want to get just one good rep which maybe the vsf again haha

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I kinda found where I read the 2014 reference lol. It's actually in this same thread but in earlier pages.

Here is a screenshot (and I am sure there are more references to 2014 if you go back further)

However the problem still with thicker DW is that the dial VSF is using is based on 2018/2019 updated model. So I guess using a 2014 DW (thicker) on VSF's dial would be incorrect.
I was just asking about the bad R. And I see what you mean.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Jayalvin777 I tried the glidelock for the first time on my VSF and it glides super smooth. Mine matches your Pic. The top one is bigger than the rest of the rectangles.

Reactions: Esaelias

JohnLukeNY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
17/12/20
US
Esaelias JohnLukeNY

Hey guys take a look at Pic of my bracelet (this is from the new batch). I think JohnLukeNY's is from the new batch. It matches how mine looks. Look closer in the area underneath the flap.

I am not 100% though.
​​​​​​​

I think you are right, my bracelet looks exactly like yours; the protective film could skew view, but it seems the same clasp.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
jtime does good batches from what i seen

just a questio your hour hand looks thin rehaut looks good
Rehaut is also not aligned, but I wouldn't worry too much. Something on a VSF 116610 bezel is always off...

Last edited:

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
Some weeks ago after modernclassic got his 116610ln we discovered that somehow there were two types of vsf bracelets. I decided to source a bracelet to corroborate theory, my vsf its from September.

The theory that there are two type of bracelets might be true or simply there are better workers than others at the fsctory when it comes to brushing and finishing. Both bracelet have the gen like feeling and no sharp edges at all. On the new bracelet i sourced, im attaching pictures you can see that the screw on the top end link of the clasp its gone, also the coronet on the clasp seems to have been updated. Clasp action on the new bracelet is tigher. Engraving on the new bracelet its insanely better, engraving looks way more crips and with a delicate finish, the old its also good. Last thing i noticed is that the end mid link is way more sharper than the old bracelet. Hope anyone might find this information useful. Vsf bracelet was 140 $ of course you need a nice relationship with your td for him to source parts for you.

For anyone who missed it

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
early batch circled in red
newer batch circled in blue
its the first “R” and “O” in “ROLEX” to the right of the 12oclock coronet.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
The rehauts aren’t aligned? Sure they are.... at least compared to the first batch of VSF LN’s.

Not sure what you’re referring to about the bezels though?

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to the rehaut in general.

Whilst they have improved the first R, as you go around the dial you’ll see there are still places out of sync.

Zero issue anyways, it’s tiny, and within Gen spec.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Whilst they have improved the first R, as you go around the dial you’ll see there are still places out of sync.

Exact Lee. Even if the first "R" matches the marker, it's off in other places.

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20

Zero issue anyways, it’s tiny, and within Gen spec.

Of course. Especially the serial #’s, those are real whacky. But the rehaut issue in question in regards to VSF is usually the first R & O

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
how good is the actual vsf bracelet/clasp compared to the ARF (E5N)?

I have an ARF E5N. Compared to my VSF116610's some of my observations:

The side of the links are sharp. (VSF is much better)
The glide lock is too loose. (VSF same and better (I have 2)
The little flip on the clasp is wafer thin on the front edge. (VSF better)
The centre of the SEL is nice and sharp like gen. (VSF same and potentially not as good)
The glide ladder on the underside of the clasp is same as VSF and gen (same as VSF and gen)

ARF E5N is a very nice bracelet once you soften the sharp edges. The SEL's on the one I have are nice and sharp. It won't fit on my VSF without bending pins and having crap recess, it may be different for you. Out of the box though, VSF is very genuine like in weight, softness and feel. One of my VSF's has comparable end links. I have only one E5N to compare, other examples may differ.