• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
I turned down a VSF LN in mid-Dec because it was from the first batch (severely misaligned rehaut).
I just ordered two identical LN’s and both are from the new batch with much improved rehaut.
Unfortunately the date window of the 1st watch looks very misaligned, 2nd looks a little better. Is it worth denying the 1st one for this? It looks pretty bad IMO, but everything else looks good.

Photos to follow:

Last edited:

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
The date windows are slanted downwards to the left. I thought maybe it was the angle of the photos, but it’s the same in every picture.
How hard is it to align this by adjusting the dial/xtal?

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
The date windows are slanted downwards to the left. I thought maybe it was the angle of the photos, but it’s the same in every picture.

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10

Both watches look supernice. Rehaut is nice. The date tilt issue you are mentioning is because the watch isn't straight up. And also, camera angles plays a role here. I think both are perfectly fine...

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ You wont get better than that for a rep. Its damn good actually. Whos your TD? I'll buy that exact piece if you reject it. PM me.

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
Sorry there was an error posting comment

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

hahamen

13/2/18
Hey guys, I received my 116610LN yesterday but for some reason I only have time to play around with it today. But there was a problem, at first I pulled out the crown to time setting position and I am trying to see the instant date jump, everything was okay. Then I set the time at 12.20PM and set the date to 16, then I circled the time to get past 12AM to have a date change to 17 and set to the current time. But when everything was done, I pushed back the crown back in but the movement is not ticking, and after 2 times I pulled out to time setting position and pushed back in then finally it started to move again. But now the date change is not instantaneous jump anymore (both manually change by time set and time passed 12AM automatically) , is this normal? Sorry if I can’t describe it better as my English is not really good

Sent from the RWI App

hahamen

13/2/18
Sorry there was an error when posting comment

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The DW on my gen is not centred, it sits high between 1 and 15. 16-31 is fine. Don’t let it bother you on a rep if even gen can’t get it right.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Hey guys, I received my 116610LN yesterday but for some reason I only have time to play around with it today. But there was a problem, at first I pulled out the crown to time setting position and I am trying to see the instant date jump, everything was okay. Then I set the time at 12.20PM and set the date to 16, then I circled the time to get past 12AM to have a date change to 17 and set to the current time. But when everything was done, I pushed back the crown back in but the movement is not ticking, and after 2 times I pulled out to time setting position and pushed back in then finally it started to move again. But now the date change is not instantaneous jump anymore (both manually change by time set and time passed 12AM automatically) , is this normal? Sorry if I can’t describe it better as my English is not really good

Sent from the RWI App

i'm sorry to hear that :(
sounds like there was something stuck in the keyless works, but if it works now as it should in all 3 crown positions it's okay, but could also be something with the balance, just observe it some days, if it occurs again, best case would be to service it.
As for the datechange, it should be instantaneous, if that does stay like that and it bothers you, it can only be solved by a service, the datechange on 3135 movements is a bit tricky

Last edited:

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
what is the current status with the existing flaws? which are still there? or is the current batch already the perfect one that we have all been waiting for?

JohnLukeNY

Patron
17/12/20
US
post your engraving

Here's my approved pics of the rehaut engraving and of the clasp. I am happy: the quality of the engraving is not the best out there, but it's aligned and without magnification it looks very good. Clasp seems OK too, although I am not sure if this old or new bracelet batch, nor what the differences are between the two versions.
Z8P5g4.jpg
Z8PWoI.jpg
Z8PaPc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Venniz