• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Z8ySLI.jpg

Gen handset, xtal and DW.

Looks amazing. From this shot, your gen hands look closer to my "fat" VSF hour hand lol.

Did the gen hands and VSF markers match in terms of the colors? (both the silver outer layers and the lume)

Last edited:

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Looks amazing. From this shot, your gen hands look closer to my "fat" VSF hour hand lol.

Did the gen hands and VSF markers match in terms of the colors? (both the silver outer layers and the lume)

Thanks! The lume matches according to my eyes and it seems to charge up quicker but the white gold is slightly darker, it's almost like there is a bronze tint.

Reactions: sukwonee

Venniz

26/7/20

Where you got your gen hands? And how much it cost ? And how you switched them ? By yourself or with a watchsmith ?

I might do it with my 116610 ln and lv.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Some weeks ago after modernclassic got his 116610ln we discovered that somehow there were two types of vsf bracelets. I decided to source a bracelet to corroborate theory, my vsf its from September.

The theory that there are two type of bracelets might be true or simply there are better workers than others at the fsctory when it comes to brushing and finishing. Both bracelet have the gen like feeling and no sharp edges at all. On the new bracelet i sourced, im attaching pictures you can see that the screw on the top end link of the clasp its gone, also the coronet on the clasp seems to have been updated. Clasp action on the new bracelet is tigher. Engraving on the new bracelet its insanely better, engraving looks way more crips and with a delicate finish, the old its also good. Last thing i noticed is that the end mid link is way more sharper than the old bracelet. Hope anyone might find this information useful. Vsf bracelet was 140 $ of course you need a nice relationship with your td for him to source parts for you.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I also do not feel any sharp edges on any parts of my bracelet. Bezel teeth are super sharp but other than that everything on the watch has no sharp edges.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks! The lume matches according to my eyes and it seems to charge up quicker but the white gold is slightly darker, it's almost like there is a bronze tint.

Did you read that or is this an observation(?) as I have both gen and VSF here and standing at a window in daylight the metal of the hands and indices is the same bright white silver colour.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What are the codes on your clasps if you don't mind?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
This pic shows what we were talking on the 126610 thread, about the inner AR.
VSF seems to have inner AR - the reflections on the gen's dial are more "echoed"...

But it also might be the light angle.
What do you think?

I see what you mean. If you look at the 7 marker on the VSF, it also has a treble echo, so I wouldn't rule out that light angle isn't playing a part obscuring more of the echoes we can't see. Though I will say, I just checked them both and the echo is not visible with the naked eye, it only seems to be picked by a lens.

Venniz

26/7/20
Mine came with the old fatter hour hand and wrong "R" but came with a new bracelet lol.

I feel stupid but I don't see the difference with the fatter hands and the normal one. Do you have pictures to compare. :)

I would like to see this.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I feel stupid but I don't see the difference with the fatter hands and the normal one. Do you have pictures to compare. :)

I would like to see this.

I am using this Pic from Thinh911 (hope you don't mind)

Both are VSF 116610LN but from different batches. Look at the hour hands.