• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Shany

24/6/19
I have gen and VSF, I really cannot see any difference whatsoever. Maybe you are too used to looking at another rep that has it wrong.

what do you say about rehaut height of VSF against GEN, ive seen some comparison and VSF seems abit high

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
what do you say about rehaut height of VSF against GEN, ive seen some comparison and VSF seems abit high

It looks the same height, rehaut angle is more vertical on the genuine and more concial on the rep, though the difference is very slight.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I have gen and VSF, I really cannot see any difference whatsoever. Maybe you are too used to looking at another rep that has it wrong.

No i compared it with a 2019 gen from a friend and for me it was a night and day difference and yes the gen had some slight blue tint too but alone the clarity was on another level. The VSF just looked like a blue mess where the gen looked like a black hole with a little blue tint. For me personally it matters i dont care about SELs/CGs and other stuff for me its important how the dial and the cylclops looks and for me the VSF cyclops is just way to blueish/greenish it really annoys me.

To prefer your 2018 ARF, you must REALLY hate that faint blue tint you see hardly ever. I have one too and with the exception of the hands, it's a downgrade in every way.

Nevertheless, I understand having a peeve no matter how neurotic. I think you'll have to put a genuine crystal on it or sell it and revert to your ARF - I'm not sure a prof is going to solve the problem for you.

Yes the ARF looks like trash compared to the VSF BUT i like the clasp more (but its not really an issue) and the xtal. I just cant live with that blueish/greenish VSF one. Iam really tried but after i see the Gen one with my one eyes i can't unsee it how bad the VSF one looks in real life. You can even see it more under warmer yellow light its just a night and day difference atleast for me.

Thinking about getting a Gen one now or i sell the VSF and stay away from Submariners :D because i hate modding.

Its really a personal matter, i mean so many people talking about CGs and Stuff and ive never had an issue with that because i simply dont care about but the cyclops really bugs the shit out of me and now i can understand what the people meant with the cyclops is to blueish/greenish after i saw the gen xtal you can clearly see it. Don't want to bash the VSF or something its just my opinion. Everything else i like about that watch but the cyclops is just not for me. And i know its a comparison between a 500 dollar watch and a 8000 dollar watch but after the cyclops was so hyped here i thought it would be a good one but in my opinion its just not.

Compared to other rep xtals/cyclops maybe i don't know after i see some videos of the ZF, the ZF cyclops looks better but the case of the watch not really. Maybe i should buy an ZF xtal and mod it on the VSF :D maybe that helps i dont know.

Edit: Sorry Tapatalk is messing up big times today.

Last edited:

focus66

19/8/12
Is there a way to get the blue tint of the cyclops? This seriously drives me nuts it screams rep so hard. Iam even wearing my ARF sub much more because even the cyclops doesn't have much of an black hole effect it looks much better than the blueish VSF one it really bugs me. The rest I really love about the watch but man I just don't want to wear it because of the cyclops...

I think it is possible to remove the ar coating where it is exposed. Of course not only the tint but the entire coating. As far as i remember there is more than just the convex part of the cyclops coated. Probably also ar coating under the cyclops and on the underside of the crystal where the cyclops sits. There was a thread here somewhere ages ago, describing how it is done by r-fac.
However, i once had a bp made smpo v5 which came with a strong purple tint dual sided coating.
I removed the outer coating by masking everything but the crystal and then worked on it with a cape cod cloth until it was completely gone. I would assume technically the ar coating on the vsf cyclops is no different from any other watch. So cape cod and a bit of muscle should do the trick.

focus66

19/8/12
I mean it is a coating. It is not embedded or blended into the sapphire. You can accidentally scratch the ar coating. Of course you can remove it with an abrasive. The sapphire itself will not be affected.

Atmosphere

16/1/17
CONUS
Any news on a v2 with the corrected rehaut? I saw some conversation about it a few pages ago, but I believe the pics were of the 126610

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Any news on a v2 with the corrected rehaut? I saw some conversation about it a few pages ago, but I believe the pics were of the 126610

No idea if they will ever say a v2 is out but i seen some with a different rehaut. The one posted previously was a 126xxx.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Rehaut doesn't bother me too much but I do hope they fix the first "R". It's pretty noticeable in certain lighting on the wrist

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Yes the ARF looks like trash compared to the VSF BUT i like the clasp more (but its not really an issue) and the xtal. I just cant live with that blueish/greenish VSF one. Iam really tried but after i see the Gen one with my one eyes i can't unsee it how bad the VSF one looks in real life. You can even see it more under warmer yellow light its just a night and day difference atleast for me.

Thinking about getting a Gen one now or i sell the VSF and stay away from Submariners :D because i hate modding.

Its really a personal matter, i mean so many people talking about CGs and Stuff and ive never had an issue with that because i simply dont care about but the cyclops really bugs the shit out of me and now i can understand what the people meant with the cyclops is to blueish/greenish after i saw the gen xtal you can clearly see it. Don't want to bash the VSF or something its just my opinion. Everything else i like about that watch but the cyclops is just not for me. And i know its a comparison between a 500 dollar watch and a 8000 dollar watch but after the cyclops was so hyped here i thought it would be a good one but in my opinion its just not.

Compared to other rep xtals/cyclops maybe i don't know after i see some videos of the ZF, the ZF cyclops looks better but the case of the watch not really. Maybe i should buy an ZF xtal and mod it on the VSF :D maybe that helps i dont know.

Just get a gen crystal. ZF crystals are like ARF used to be so you may as well swap over from yours. Gen watch is something crazy like €11k now. Thanks Instagram. Not worth it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Gen watch is something crazy like €11k now. Thanks Instagram. Not worth it.

I have to agree. The best rep is 90% of the watch for 4% of the price, it's just not worth buy a genuine Submariner unless you can get it at rrp from an AD. I was very lucky to a 116610 from an AD, there's no way I would pay over rrp for a watch.

Reactions: Tete

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18

ive got one with the fixed rehaut different batch etc however the ones that have a good rehaut now have thick fonts and also the lume seems more dull and more green compared to ones with the incorrect R... just my observation

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
ive got one with the fixed rehaut different batch etc however the ones that have a good rehaut now have thick fonts and also the lume seems more dull and more green compared to ones with the incorrect R... just my observation

Will you be able to take some pics of the rehaut and the dial?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The lume is green, it just shows as blue on a screen so don't try compare it to pics you have seen!

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
The lume is green, it just shows as blue on a screen so don't try compare it to pics you have seen!

no i know that i am not com;aring mine i compared all the qc from geektime and the newer qc show a duller lume compared to his qc's like over a month ago and less blue more aqua

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
Thank you. Rehaut definitely looks much better than mine.

date wheel font is thicker and lune is abit more dull (maybe ill test lume) but date font was thicker but i can change that anyway