• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Coolzonerb

Horology Curious
30/12/19
Loading pics from a different angle... hopefully im wrong. But do appears that way to me.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I finally received my watch.

I know the rehaut is misaligned but I don't really care anymore haha.

Could you guys check if the datewheel looks okay and the rest of the watch? Nitpicking is totally welcome.

Thank you!

Reactions: Tete

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Rehaut looks good, it’s the insert I see out of alignment lol. It’s great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sukwonee

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
LOL thanks. I do feel like the date font is too bold... Maybe this is normal?
Anything that is not a Rolex datewheel is flawed in general but I thi k (from what I can see) that looks like a decent example of datewheel. I could live with that date font.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sukwonee

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Is there a way to get the blue tint of the cyclops? This seriously drives me nuts it screams rep so hard. Iam even wearing my ARF sub much more because even the cyclops doesn't have much of an black hole effect it looks much better than the blueish VSF one it really bugs me. The rest I really love about the watch but man I just don't want to wear it because of the cyclops...

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Is there a way to get the blue tint of the cyclops? This seriously drives me nuts it screams rep so hard. Iam even wearing my ARF sub much more because even the cyclops doesn't have much of an black hole effect it looks much better than the blueish VSF one it really bugs me. The rest I really love about the watch but man I just don't want to wear it because of the cyclops...

Nop, just live with it. Blue tint doest scream rep mare, its exactlt the Same with gen so your only option is to source an old gen xtal or a prof xtal which in my opinion is not worth it. I dont knkw how you wear an arf more cuz that xtal is trash dont magnify properly and xtal ks barely ar coated that screams rep to me lol

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's a v1 xtal they are the better ones with a semi black hole effect it isn't that much of an difference to be honest on pictures it looks way more present than in real life. It has bassicly no tint that's why I like it.

Maybe I should go with prof because I really try to live with it but man i just don't like it.

And yes gen xtal has blueish tint too but it doesn't look that much blueish/greenish like the VSF one. Saw a 2019 gen from a friend some month ago and I don't know it wasn't that blueish/greenish as the VSF. I mean I understand they must be a different between a 8k dollar xtal and a rep one but yeah I don't know I love everything else but the xtal is really a let down for me.

I don't know how to describe it on the gen you have this clear black hole effect in some situations. On the VSF I don't know its just blueish/greenish and it looks just not good atleast for me. Maybe it's a personal taste but man if I look at the ARF and then on the VSF, everything looks so much better on the VSF but then comes the cyclops and iam like "nah".

It's just really a shame because I like the watch so much :D

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
It's a v1 xtal they are the better ones with a semi black hole effect it isn't that much of an difference to be honest on pictures it looks way more present than in real life. It has bassicly no tint that's why I like it.

Maybe I should go with prof because I really try to live with it but man i just don't like it.

And yes gen xtal has blueish tint too but it doesn't look that much blueish/greenish like the VSF one. Saw a 2019 gen from a friend some month ago and I don't know it wasn't that blueish/greenish as the VSF. I mean I understand they must be a different between a 8k dollar xtal and a rep one but yeah I don't know I love everything else but the xtal is really a let down for me.

I don't know how to describe it on the gen you have this clear black hole effect in some situations. On the VSF I don't know its just blueish/greenish and it looks just not good atleast for me. Maybe it's a personal taste but man if I look at the ARF and then on the VSF, everything looks so much better on the VSF but then comes the cyclops and iam like "nah".

Then just install a gen Crystal then if it bothers you
that much?

Elroy1608

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/15
Already GL'd it, looks amazing I think. I think the rehaut and DW looks great.

Cant wait to receive it

CmzBlyK.jpg

NsKbmum.jpg

gKh5xtK.jpg

lHYFKE0.jpg

NsKbmum.jpg
[/IMG]

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

To prefer your 2018 ARF, you must REALLY hate that faint blue tint you see hardly ever. I have one too and with the exception of the hands, it's a downgrade in every way.

Nevertheless, I understand having a peeve no matter how neurotic. I think you'll have to put a genuine crystal on it or sell it and revert to your ARF - I'm not sure a prof is going to solve the problem for you.

Elroy1608

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/15
Already GL'd it, looks amazing I think. I think the rehaut and DW looks great.
Cant wait to receive it​

NsKbmum

NsKbmum.jpg

lHYFKE0.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

I have gen and VSF, I really cannot see any difference whatsoever. Maybe you are too used to looking at another rep that has it wrong.

Reactions: sukwonee and Venniz