• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
You saw the last photos from Gen posted today, Vsf nailed the release imo. are there things that could be improve, for sure but don't let that stop you from enjoying it. It just the same two dudes, on the 41mm sub and datejust thread, their arguments are not based on verified information, no one on that thread that actually got the watch complained about it. It was the same exact story with the 116610LN. Let us know your thoughts when you get it! Happy holidays

will do,
thanks mate.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I was thinking about pulling trigger on 41mm LN but after reading stuff about inaccurate lugs i started thinking about 40mm sub instead. I actually prefers new 41mm with slightly thicker bracelet and sleeker case.
I compared pics of vsf 41mm vs gen and ti be honest I don’t see too much difference in the lugs and case l, if there is a difference it’s just a fraction of the mm. I think lugs on vsf may be just a slightly bit thinner but it’s hard to say on pictures. I don’t see any issues with curvature of the case. I think there is are some unhappy bullshitters around Rolex subsection of RWI.
today I will pull trigger on vsf 41mm LN.

You made the right choice mate, I am amazed and scared at the same time how wrong misleading bullcrap views of a single person can change our opinions, it's good you could discern the reality than all the obnoxious hate that was being spread by that single dude. Just as you said these fractional differences are totally negligible in real life.:)

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
You made the right choice mate, I am amazed and scared at the same time how wrong misleading bullcrap views of a single person can change our opinions, it's good you could discern the reality than all the obnoxious hate that was being spread by that single dude. Just as you said these fractional differences are totally negligible in real life.:)

i see a lot of people like that on Rolex forums, they always talk shit about otter peoples watches. there are countless fights.

Reactions: Sidhu6355

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I just pulled the trigger on the VSF 116610 LN. Can't wait to get it. It will be a huge upgrade from my Noob V2 no date lol.

Marcospcol

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/8/19
the level of the sub rolex is impressive, will we get to the real 1.1 someday? I think so ... this game of replicas in a few years is going to be able to nail them all literally, all the flagships of course

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
the level of the sub rolex is impressive, will we get to the real 1.1 someday? I think so ... this game of replicas in a few years is going to be able to nail them all literally, all the flagships of course

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sometimes I feel like rep factories purposely don't make 1 to 1 copies lol.

I was actually waiting for a better rehaut on this VSF but.... Yeah I had a couple of beers today and bought it lol

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

I was actually waiting for a better rehaut on this VSF but.... Yeah I had a couple of beers today and bought it lol

The thing is Chinese people are so good at replicating that they even replicate rolex qc flaws lmao. 1mm of misaligned Rehaut is better than wrong cw.

Reactions: sukwonee

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants

I asked Mary over at RWG for the latest and she provided me one with a thinner date font and all of the rehaut is lined up all the way around as far as I can see. All of the letters line up with the minute markers on both sides of the crown/serial number.

I just sent a message to Sub007 for a gen date wheel and a gen crystal to complete the package. This one will be a keeper :)

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I asked Mary over at RWG for the latest and she provided me one with a thinner date font and all of the rehaut is lined up all the way around as far as I can see. All of the letters line up with the minute markers on both sides of the crown/serial number.

I just sent a message to Sub007 for a gen date wheel and a gen crystal to complete the package. This one will be a keeper :)

Can you share the pics Mary sent you?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Some Updates from me:

- Lume is impressive i used my the LED on my phone for like 10 seconds and the Lume was growing for straight 45 minutes.
- Movement holds up for 42 hours after i fully wound it with 40 winds.

Very nice!

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
That is not a 116610 VSF. Looks like a 126610.

Indeed, you’re right! I was too focused looking at the rehaut and didn’t even notice the new lugs.

I guess I'm getting a 126610 then... I already ok'd the QC and told Mary to send it. Thanks for the heads up, guys. Now I need to find out if the same crystal can be used or not from Sub007. Crap...

Byrnedogs1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
I guess I'm getting a 126610 then... I already ok'd the QC and told Mary to send it. Thanks for the heads up, guys. Now I need to find out if the same crystal can be used or not from Sub007. Crap...

The crystal size on the gen 116610 and gen 126610 are exactly the same I believe so fingers crossed you will be ok...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fatarms

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

The problem is that the 126xxx is coated underneath the crystal and the 116xxx it is not.