• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Not sure whether to reject this one... is the datewheel not centred???

Why would you reject it?? Watch ilooks good, you even good the new dw and fixed rehaut. One day a month of not perfectly center dw ain't a big deal and if it really bothers you just change the dw for a Gen one. You can get a used one for the low.

Reactions: Tete

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Has anybody who has had their VSF for a while be able to state that their bezel insert numerals have faded? Seems like some ZZF v3 users said theirs did and I'm wondering if VSF has that issue as well.

Tete

4/11/16
Has anybody who has had their VSF for a while be able to state that their bezel insert numerals have faded? Seems like some ZZF v3 users said theirs did and I'm wondering if VSF has that issue as well.

I have been with mine for three weeks, putting it on every day, it has been in the shower, bath, I wash it very often with a brush and soap. For now it is 100% like the first day and after each wash it recovers the shine of platinum.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I have been with mine for three weeks, putting it on every day, it has been in the shower, bath, I wash it very often with a brush and soap. For now it is 100% like the first day and after each wash it recovers the shine of platinum.
So vsf in their own press release were wrong. Enjoy that new shine while it lasts. Come on dude it doesn't have to be the second coming of christ to be good. Check out the gen in the comparisons it is dimmer than the reps, why because it's not brand new. All things in life lose there shine it doesn't mean it's bad, but tempering people's expectations so they don't think gens glow in low light like neon is better

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
So vsf in their own press release were wrong. Enjoy that new shine while it lasts. Come on dude it doesn't have to be the second coming of christ to be good. Check out the gen in the comparisons it is dimmer than the reps, why because it's not brand new. All things in life lose there shine it doesn't mean it's bad, but tempering people's expectations so they don't think gens glow in low light like neon is better

You're really don't have anything good to share huh? If you don't have anything to add to the vsf thread then move on. Tete was legit replying to the question from another member.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
It's hard to beliefe that the insert will never fade, CF also stated their inserts were sputter coated like gen and won't fade.. would be really nice though if they last..

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
It's hard to beliefe that the insert will never fade, CF also stated their inserts were sputter coated like gen and won't fade.. would be really nice though if they last..

I got mine first week of October and the insert looks fantastic and I haven't really clean it. Super bright in low light. Vsf insert and bezel action it's really on another league. Once you have one you will understand what people are saying. My two cents, we will see how it resist the test of time and wear.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
You're really don't have anything good to share huh? If you don't have anything to add to the vsf thread then move on. Tete was legit replying to the question from another member.
I did contribute. Gens fade too. It does not matter. Tete is once again claiming some super better than gen quality. Remember his does not scratch either.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I got mine first week of October and the insert looks fantastic and I haven't really clean it. Super bright in low light. Vsf insert and bezel action it's really on another league. Once you have one you will understand what people are saying. My two cents, we will see how it resist the test of time and wear.

sounds good, I think I will anyway order one these days, can't resist to the nice case and very curious about the movement !

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Just found that comparison video with gen, don't know if it's allowed to post links to such sites? If not please tell me, I will remove. And please don't order anything of that site, it's not a TD, maybe even scam ! https://www.noobceo.com/11322.html

Thanks for sharing mate. These are essentially the press photos that vsf released when th LN came out, I think those are also at the beginning of this thread.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Thanks for sharing mate. These are essentially the press photos that vsf released when th LN came out, I think those are also at the beginning of this thread.

yeah thought it's a nice vid, detailed and high quality, shows how close they are. You're right mate, knew it looks familiar :D

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'm not sure whether or not VSF will fade but it seems like ZZF at the very least fades a lot faster. I was going to get a ZZF to compare but I think I'll put that on hold for now. The crystal clarity is better on VSF along with gen-like crown guards. ZZF diminishing bezel brightness so quickly is also a mark against it. I'm going VSF for now.

Tete

4/11/16
I did contribute. Gens fade too. It does not matter. Tete is once again claiming some super better than gen quality. Remember his does not scratch either.

did I say that? better than Gen? lolololol Go away from this thread to enjoy your Zf with 126610 lugs, warped CG and glass with a magnifying edge. You enjoy your sub 40 and sub 41 hybrid Zf, and nobody bothers you. Let us enjoy our unsurpassed VSF. Thank you

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Contribute what lol? You're one of the most petulant dudes I have seen around. English is not the first language for a lot of people in this forum, a lot of time what they really mean is lost in translation, that doesn't mean they don't have a insightful perspective. You can say whatever you want about Tete but he has a lot of knowledge and a good eye. Whereas you don't bring anything to this thread or any thread, from stalking people to try to prove them wrong or brag about your monetary means. Just do everyone a favour and don't comment on the vsf thread and go back to the ZF thread.

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
did I say that? better than Gen? lolololol Go away from this thread to enjoy your Zf with 126610 lugs, warped CG and glass with a magnifying edge. You enjoy your sub 40 and sub 41 hybrid Zf, and nobody bothers you. Let us enjoy our unsurpassed VSF. Thank you
Geez you are a fanboy, I'm not on a team I'm awaiting the vsf 12 series but the hyperbole in here is overwhelming. Relax buddy I have 20 watches in rotation from many places. I wouldn't dare bringing up another factory's watch in here. You can own and like more than one factories stuff it's okay you won't get in trouble.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Contribute what lol? You're one of the most petulant dudes I have seen around. English is not the first language for a lot of people in this forum, a lot of time what they really mean is lost in translation, that doesn't mean they don't have a insightful perspective. You can say whatever you want about Tete but he has a lot of knowledge and a good eye. Whereas you don't bring anything to this thread or any thread, from stalking people to try to prove them wrong or brag about your monetary means. Just do everyone a favour and don't comment on the vsf thread and go back to the ZF thread.
Why do you always take offence. Its pathetic. I merely pointed out that they will all fade even gen. And that's oinline with what vsf themselves said in there release. What part are you struggling with. Are you shitty because I told everyone you lied about owning other subs and had been around for ages when you only got into watches 5 months ago. I'm sorry that your lies have embarrassed you. Ps I will buy a vsf sub to go with my other 2 vsf watches. But then I'm not a newbie fanboy. Ha

Tete

4/11/16
Geez you are a fanboy, I'm not on a team I'm awaiting the vsf 12 series but the hyperbole in here is overwhelming. Relax buddy I have 20 watches in rotation from many places. I wouldn't dare bringing up another factory's watch in here. You can own and like more than one factories stuff it's okay you won't get in trouble.

I am not a fanatic, I am knowledgeable of what I speak and write. Now go away. Goodbye friend