• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

arpa90

2/11/18
My VSF Hulk in the dark with only little light.

Zmje2I.png

Reactions: Tete

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
A bit of photo spam but my vsf LN it's finally back. Went Gen hands, gen dw and xtal. I'm also attaching some photos of the stock vsf parts that I changed.

couple of questions :
What are your thoughts on the crystal upgrade? Where do you see the benefit? How much did you pay for the gen parts?
Which what maker did you use for the work?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
couple of questions :
What are your thoughts on the crystal upgrade? Where do you see the benefit? How much did you pay for the gen parts?

Im attaching a small collage I did with the before and after of the upgrades so you can see it yourself. Sometimes it's really hard to explain the differences lol but the upgrades really chance the watch imo. (first photo collage is Gen, second is vsf stock forgot to write it down.)

As for the crystal, Vsf has probably the nicest crystal in the rep market atm. With gen you get a nicer black hole and I don't know the exact or correct word in english but the contour/edge of the cyclops is nicer and somehow looks sharper, dunno exactly how to explain it lol. The total cost including Gen parts, watch/shipping was 1k.

The parts were source and installed by the wizard Interaktiv. Im having some problems with the browser so I cant tag him but you can find him on the watchmakers/moddders section. The whole service experiences was amazing and really transparent. His reputation precedes him. He can legit source almost any Gen part you can think of. Hope it help!

ZmzRPk.jpg
Zmzf0o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Can someone chime in on what factory this is?
9e2b960bcb1f2c28bada224fa028e30c.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Can someone chime in on what factory this is?
9e2b960bcb1f2c28bada224fa028e30c.jpg

Thanks

Assuming it is in fact a rep, going to very roughly guess ARF or VSF judging by the rehault number (what I can barely make out). Leaning towards ARF, since it seems like the rehault is misaligned.

Last edited:

MATAZ

Known Member
15/1/20
Assuming it is in fact a rep, going to very roughly guess ARF or VSF judging by the rehault number (what I can barely make out). Leaning towards ARF, since it seems like the rehault is misaligned.

Never see ARF hulk with the long f dial.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
couple of questions :

There still isn't a rep crystal that compares to gen. Its getting better, but not there.

You see the benefits everytime you look down :)

A gen blistered crystal will run you roughly 500 USD. And i do my own work :)

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Here's my VSF with ARF bracelet...luckily the bracelet was a direct swap with great SEL fit!!!
The fit n finish of the watch is superb...feels very Gen like. Anyone having a debate between VSF n ZZF, you can easily go either route, they both are fantastic reps.

V569m0.jpg

Reactions: up2wind

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Could be a gen, at least crystal and hands look great. But then again, not so much to see, i.e. rehaut, CGs.

Thanks, I’m not a huge rehaut fan, CG’s are like nipples all shapes and sizes but serve their purpose . Was more concerned with its dial and bezel.

Reactions: Daytonamania

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
de6de11e14a8eb65c9cf1df1fb828725.jpg

I don’t know photography but Messed around a bit with the iPhone editing: vibrancy, sharpness, black point...

Reactions: Snil and Tete

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Mate that looks incredible, that is one build!!!! Looks like ill be in touch with interaktiv for a gen crystal as i agree the reps are always subpar!

Thx bud. And yes I agree, a gen crystal makes the watch. I wouldn’t want a sub without it :) (That watch is actually my ZZF)