• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
That’s not entirely true though is it? There there’s been 3 cases off the top of my head of the movement having issues (the same one), in addition to gears being painted and flaking. All are worrying, since they are happening in such a short span of time.
Wait, are you talking about the VS3135 here? I thought it was supposed to be the most stable of the 3135 clones. I've been following this whole thread and don't remember anyone mentioning movement problems, was it here or on another topic?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
My VS3135 is running within 1.5s/d. So far it’s very stable.

Much better than mine, which gains 10 secs per 24 hours face up/face down, or around 8 with the crown up/down. And after 24 hours on the wrist, it loses around 8 seconds. At the end of the day, it ends up pretty good, but I wouldn't mind getting a timegrapher and regulating it in 5-6 positions.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Wait, are you talking about the VS3135 here? I thought it was supposed to be the most stable of the 3135 clones. I've been following this whole thread and don't remember anyone mentioning movement problems, was it here or on another topic?

VR3135 and VS3135 are two different movements. It was on another topic I believe.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

His post is hyperbole. Some people have has minor issues with the winding mechanism. The jury is out on whether the reversing gears will flake over time, but no one has has actually reported it yet and the jury is out. Osacom has said it’s a better movement than the VR, but like all rep movements there are good and bad ones.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
His post is hyperbole. Some people have has minor issues with the winding mechanism. The jury is out on whether the reversing gears will flake over time, but no one has has actually reported it yet and the jury is out. Osacom has said it’s a better movement than the VR, but like all rep movements there are good and bad ones.

So pointing out facts and potential concerns that you disagree with are hyperbole now? Trumpian levels of lack of self awareness as usual from you, you’re starting to turn it into an art form.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So pointing out facts and potential concerns that you disagree with are hyperbole now? Trumpian levels of lack of self awareness as usual from you, you’re starting to turn it into an art form.

'Potential concerns'? Well, thanks - every rep movement has the 'potential' to shit the bed. You get good and bad ones and you get the bad ones fixed. I'm 'potentially concerned' about a lot of things. Most things actually. But you didn't frame your post as 'potential concerns', which is why I described it as hyperbole.

I have no idea where you get Trumpism from, but no need to explain. We're done here.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
'Potential concerns'? Well, thanks - every rep movement has the 'potential' to shit the bed. You get good and bad ones and you get the bad ones fixed. I'm 'potentially concerned' about a lot of things. Most things actually. But you didn't frame your post as 'potential concerns', which is why I described it as hyperbole.

I have no idea where you get Trumpism from, but no need to explain. We're done here.

No shit Sherlock, thank you for that insight.

You make it sound like I was inferring that the movement was a time bomb. My post was merely offering some balance to modernclassics hyperbole about the VSF being flawless (despite the rehault) and the greatest thing since the proverbial sliced bread.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Anyway. Moving quickly on.

When mine arrived, I set it exactly to my BB58B which I know runs exactly .5s/d slow

This is 3 days on - about even wearing of each...

Early days but not bad.

[QUOTE="Roguetheory, post: 9448663"]++So+pointing+out+facts+and+potential+concerns+that+you+disagree+with+are+hyperbole+now
245-EF9-B7-76-A9-45-C0-A09-C-21-A3-BC915496.jpg

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Guys, is there a post on a breakdown and review the VS3135 movement? Be great if anyone can let me know where it is please. :)

Update: found it. :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Substar

16/9/20
Gen hands make a big difference. I do it to all my subs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sfoj

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Any word on when VSF is releasing the no date sub (114060)? Love the sub but the cyclops ruins it for me. Really really hope VSF works their magic on the no date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoney007