• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Earlier batch, the rehaut wording R right beside the crown is more to the right and it is not properly aligned. However this problem is rectified on newer batch. Double check your QC.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

Dont listen to him buddy. He claims to have owned other subs but if you read his reddit posts he talks about his lurking for ages and finally buying his first rep 5 months ago, a gf cartier santos, followed by a black bay harrods which he says in his post is his second then a vsf world timer, and finally his very first sub a vsf. He aint putting any gen parts on shit. Hes been around for 5 minutes and is probably barely 20 years old. Sampleofonecomparison, dont waste your breath. Hey jay should have deleted your old posts if your planning on inventing fake history.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Update on my dear Franken beater: cracked the pearl sapphire a bit... sigh
11d6ea2c7773a9b99941fa80751b1b73.jpg

But I did learn a method to transform used/warped hytrel bezel gasket to function as new! Haven’t seen it yet anywhere on the forums but I’m sure I’m not the first to discover it so must be a secret among watch tinkerers.. I’ll spill though:

lay the gasket topside down and take small screwdriver and smash the inner diameter inwards millimeter by millimeter in so that material fans out inwards. Then when you re install, that material has more volume such that it holds to the retainer tightly. My bezel is as tight as and turns just as good as a brand new watch.

Thought I’d share since all the eBay gaskets don’t work, you can’t order from TRF/R factory, and the only ones I’ve seen listed on chrono24 are hundreds of dollars!!

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
On earlier batches people mentioned about the lume of the hands not matching the dial (i dont mean at night) i.e. the hands i believe were more of a bright ice white and the dial ever so slightly creamy. Just wondered if those who have one could comment on theirs?

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
On earlier batches people mentioned about the lume of the hands not matching the dial (i dont mean at night) i.e. the hands i believe were more of a bright ice white and the dial ever so slightly creamy. Just wondered if those who have one could comment on theirs?

I got one of the early batches and on mine the lume did match, someone down the thread said that it their's it didn't but haven't heard such complain again.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I believe it is. I believe VSF add bright silvery pLatium in to the numbers, it really pops!

Damn I bought the RXF cause I thought the only difference was the movement... gotta sell that before it's even here to get the VSF or ZZF v3 now lol

50 dollars is worth a brighter insert...

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Damn I bought the RXF cause I thought the only difference was the movement... gotta sell that before it's even here to get the VSF or ZZF v3 now lol

50 dollars is worth a brighter insert...

I think the newer rxf have the same bezel insert as the vsf. The main difference between vsf and rxf at the end is the movement and bracelet.

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Hi sir, I saw a lot of serial numbers on the rehaut of these sub VSF watches starting with S19V, so I am asking a question just out of curiosity, the period does not correspond?

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Hi sir, I saw a lot of serial numbers on the rehaut of these sub VSF watches starting with S19V, so I am asking a question just out of curiosity, the period does not correspond?

All modern subs use random serial. There is no more "period" correct serials. Its all random and has been for many many years.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Dont listen to him buddy. He claims to have owned other subs but if you read his reddit posts he talks about his lurking for ages and finally buying his first rep 5 months ago, a gf cartier santos, followed by a black bay harrods which he says in his post is his second then a vsf world timer, and finally his very first sub a vsf. He aint putting any gen parts on shit. Hes been around for 5 minutes and is probably barely 20 years old. Sampleofonecomparison, dont waste your breath. Hey jay should have deleted your old posts if your planning on inventing fake history.

So Jayalvin777 is like Frozoo but for VSF and also lies more.

Always thought something doesn't quite add up with that guy.

Reactions: Roguetheory

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Earlier batch, the rehaut wording R right beside the crown is more to the right and it is not properly aligned. However this problem is rectified on newer batch. Double check your QC.

*Allegedly rectified.
I haven't seen anyone post a pic of an LN with a fixed rehaut yet. Personally, I'm skeptical of a lot in the rep world, so I'm not really believing it until I see someone post pics with the watch in-hand.

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
guys, thanks for all the info. is the serial number on the rehaut the same as on the certificate card that comes with the watch, did they manage to do this?

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19

Trusty website shows a correct rehaut R. I think someone posted LN earlier in this thread. Not 100% sure. Read all pages in a single day. Brain f.

Substar

16/9/20
Says the guy who is making up facts how your v2s has all the upgrades of the v3. What a joke.

Actually the V2s or more accurately the 114060 did have most of the upgrade of the v3 with exception of the bracelet. I’d put you in the same category pal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roguetheory

arpa90

2/11/18
Actually the V2s or more accurately the 114060 did have most of the upgrade of the v3 with exception of the bracelet. I’d put you in the same category pal!
The only upgrade the v3 got was the new bracelet. Everything else is literally the same as v2s.

Reactions: Jayalvin777