• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
its pretty much always off on gens , but the problem for me with this rep was that it was just that one letter that was oddly off compared to the rest.

So have people seen any of the LN with the correction ? might just order one and see

Reactions: BOSSK

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
its pretty much always off on gens , but the problem for me with this rep was that it was just that one letter that was oddly off compared to the rest.

So have people seen any of the LN with the correction ? might just order one and see

Look at the rehaut on this gen from a local shop. Looks similar to the VSF, that being said the rehaut problem has been rectified on the LV. I have only seen one with the same problem from almost 20 qc pictures I have seen this week.

Reactions: Tete

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
ZUIRiE.jpg
ZUIfCn.jpg

Look at the rehaut on this gen from a local shop. Looks similar to the VSF, that being said the rehaut problem has been rectified on the LV. I have only seen one with the same problem from almost 20 qc pictures I have seen this week.

This one is dead center its just the angle.

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
From most angles in hand on wrist the R looks generally above its respective minute tick and uniformly spaced between the rest of the symbols.
0a91f03bea9e01600f6eeacd1055ff13.jpg

It’s also helpful to sabotage the crown’s alignment a tad with a dial twist although the vs3135 movement/case are machined so precisely that the stem will barely let you move it a half a mm. But that’s all you need.

Such a solid movement... I didn’t get into the weeds much but the stem feels so secure and you get a definite click confirmation it has engaged when you plug it in. The parts I interfaced with, the movement holders, the date plate have a quality feel and a tightness and yet when you engage the screw the right way the desired outcome and function happen with ease. I want a vs movement in any rep I get from her on out.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I’d also recommend polishing the rehaut for several minutes as I noticed it cleans out the etchings (some dark stuff came off which usually happens when you polished stuff but when it then stopped coming off me tells me I removed some impurity of sorts). Smoke the sub expert described a phenomenon that with the newer etched rehauts in pictures of all lightings and angles they will consistently appear brighter than the rest of the rehaut. I believe the 20 minute cape cod session did that for mine.

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Jeez! For me this looks like it has potential for being NWBIG. My own LV arrives soon, I'll judge the actual quality then before I decide if it is or not.. but that looks really really good to me! Well done.

Honestly if the bracelet is not as bad as some ppl said here + a bit thinner hands It could be a newbig. when I received mine I will compare to zzf and will make kind of statement as I used to see and wear gen. Unfortunately it's not mine I refused 2 with very misaligned rehaut, Hope the third will be at least ok.

It's from a guy on reddit, he's very lucky indeed !
​​​​

Last edited:

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I am sorry if this question has come up a lot but does anyone know if VSF have any plans to do a 114060?

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
especially when the misalignment is copying the gen lol.

The issue isn't that it's misaligned, it's really a spacing issue. The crown is perfectly aligned and the R is misaligned. You won't see that in gen. This is my major hang-up with the VSF. If you were to see a ZZF in the wild and in-hand without a gen handy to compare to you could be tricked. If you had a VSF in-hand not only would you be able to immediately call it out as a rep, but you could even tell what factory it came from.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The issue isn't that it's misaligned, it's really a spacing issue. The crown is perfectly aligned and the R is misaligned. You won't see that in gen. This is my major hang-up with the VSF. If you were to see a ZZF in the wild and in-hand without a gen handy to compare to you could be tricked. If you had a VSF in-hand not only would you be able to immediately call it out as a rep, but you could even tell what factory it came from.

You're speaking nonsense mate, rehaut is not always perfect in Gen, like the examples above. If we're talking about calling out a watch, crown guards, lugs and crystal are way easier ways to spot a rep than misaligned Rehaut.

Reactions: Tete

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
You're speaking nonsense mate, rehaut is not always perfect in Gen, like the examples above. If we're talking about calling out a watch, crown guards, lugs and crystal are way easier ways to spot a rep than misaligned Rehaut.

Like I said, it's not a misalignment issue. If you find a gen with a misaligned rehaut it can be fixed. There's no way to fix the issue on the VSF because if you get that R dead-center everything else will be misaligned. It's a spacing issue.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]newest dude on the forum [/mention]

Buy one rep and see if you change your mind about tells IRL

Reactions: Jayalvin777

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
newest dude on the forum I gotta agree with on this, it’s the only reason I’m waiting. I love VSF and I have decided on it over the other great options *once* this is fixed.

For me it’s not about tells, being called out or BS like that, it’s about what is visually pleasing when using the watch. The engraving is barely noticeable IRL but it’s the most noticeable at the top where the R is when *actually* checking the time and that gap between the etched crown and first R is just ugly.

I know gens have alignment issues, but I have never once seen one like what’s on the VSF. It will be fixed I’m sure, like I said I’m a big fan of VSF but it’s an issue for me currently. I can totally understand why it’s also a non issue for others, but it is there and it’s factually incorrect to dismiss it being there.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Like I said, it's not a misalignment issue. If you find a gen with a misaligned rehaut it can be fixed. There's no way to fix the issue on the VSF because if you get that R dead-center everything else will be misaligned. It's a spacing issue.

Bingo , And what I'm waiting to be corrected before I'm.happy to buy