• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It's says they're using a NEW CF bezel. So not the same as the ZZF.

I like it. Admittedly the font is a bit thicker looking, but I'll take the better colour over the font size anyday.

We're back to that personal choice thing again....

I bought into the whole new models comparisons again.

it’s the same as the last 5 years, there is no best model! For each ones good bits it has the same that are bad.....May as well stop now eh! None will Be 1:1 and people prefer different parts of each watch and so there will never any consensus. Hahaha

Ceramic subs can f**k off

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I bought into the whole new models comparisons again.

it’s the same as the last 5 years, there is no best model! For each ones good bits it has the same that are bad.....May as well stop now eh! None will Be 1:1 and people prefer different parts of each watch and so there will never any consensus. Hahaha

Ceramic subs can f**k off

Wouldn't it be nice if they just gave us the 1:1 watches that we know they could, the competition for them could be continuously improving quality and finishing. I'd buy into a V3 with nicely finished bracelet and serviced movement and a robust clasp for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Wouldn't it be nice if they just gave us the 1:1 watches that we know they could, the competition for them could be continuously improving quality and finishing. I'd buy into a V3 with nicely finished bracelet and serviced movement and a robust clasp for example.

Maybe we have better luck with the new subs. Who knows lol

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

Can they though, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Tete

4/11/16
Today my VSF arrived, Tomorrow I will try to put some photos. Although I have a problem, if I turn my hands the date changes perfectly, but the date does not automatically change. What could be the problem? Thanks to any help

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
So hands and dw and crystal make a difference... as they say, “gen is gen.”

But these hands, dw and crystal will upgrade most other reps so will be listing for sale.

To recap vs gen:

Vsf Crystal- shorter cyclops by .5-1mm but excellent black hole

Vsf datewheel- yes it is thicker by a little but excellent font. Gen datwhell looks thinner at times when in direct white light and will say it is a little bit deeper in black color

Vsf hands- fine 3D effect, smooth sides but the surrounds are thicker then gen and now having handled and installed gen I must say white gold perfect hands are a different beast. Lume wise gen is a little more grainy and off white

eba22b6dd7f0ef28c8477b489ba6c2c5.jpg

1b0b3358e04dba5cb1605e82f3b12364.jpg

b81e9d725e200b564612ea29e25a5aac.jpg

Reactions: Tete and Koric

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Looking great with those upgrades, aside from the Cyclops was there a noticeable difference in crystal clarity verse the stock crystal?

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Looking great with those upgrades, aside from the Cyclops was there a noticeable difference in crystal clarity verse the stock crystal?

Crystal is tricky man... posted some comparison pics in the other thread but how can you compare in pics let alone IRL. I’d confidently say gen crystal has higher clarity and finer beveling on the edges

Reactions: BOSSK

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Today my VSF arrived, Tomorrow I will try to put some photos. Although I have a problem, if I turn my hands the date changes perfectly, but the date does not automatically change. What could be the problem? Thanks to any help

You're the 1st with a movement issue.

Does the date get stuck at midnight?

Tete

4/11/16
You're the 1st with a movement issue.

Does the date get stuck at midnight?

I have been able to verify that manually turning the crown, it changes at twelve, but when it does it naturally something gets stuck, I remove the crown and the date changes, or if you wait it changes when two or three hours pass

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention] Tete [/mention] Unfortunatelt mine is not flipping on its own at midnight (or proximity) either. So when will it flip? A few hours?