• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
Exactly, at the end of the day we all have to choose with which flaws to live with. I rather have all the exteriors good and have a small flaw in the rehaut. I wonder however if anyone has tried shifting the movement a bit to try fixing the R flaw if that even works.
It doesn’t work. The size or location of the engraving puts it out of whack. No amount of shifting will fix it. It’s not a huge deal though. Looks awesome on the wrist.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
That would suck. I currently have my VSF getting a Gen Bezel installed so I hope that’s not the case!

I tried installing the ARF bracelet but did not have any luck. The spring bars would not engage properly and the SEL recess was off.

Any update on your bezel?

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
is anyone else having the following 'issue' when pulling out the crown?

Sometimes* when I pull the crown out to stop the seconds hand it feels as if it has come out but it is not the case as the seconds hands continue to move. It feels as if it is getting stuck on the notch before fully coming out.

Other times it pulls out fine stopping the seconds hands.

The opposite also happened where when I pushed the crown in the seconds did not start. This issue only happened once.

*seems like it is fixed it self for now..

Reactions: Tete and gozepher

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I'm just guessing, but it sounds like it may be an issue with the keyless works. Others will confirm.

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
nice piece, the reauth looks very good and the first R is in place. Congratulations

Thank you, I ordered the hulk at the same time, I'm waiting for the QC It officially comes out Monday or Tuesday :)

Reactions: Tete

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
n1co59000 impatient to see it !!

ordering without having seen it is a bit risky, but since the classic model is successful. VSF had to manage this hulk, I also tell myself by having the first pieces vsf will surely pay more attention to quality control

Reactions: Tete

Tete

4/11/16
ordering without having seen it is a bit risky, but since the classic model is successful. VSF had to manage this hulk, I also tell myself by having the first pieces vsf will surely pay more attention to quality control

the only unknown is the insert and the dial, but seeing how they have done it with LN I don't think they screw it up with LV. If these VSF and Gen photos are real, it's awesome !!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
I validated my QC :)

20102510573135262.jpg

R is well aligned!!! Maybe Batch 2 first one I see like this
dw seems to be thinner do you have more qc pics in HQ ? From which td ?

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Yep, I just went back to my QC pics from 8th October and it looks like the first 'R' is in the gap and not aligned to the marker. I didn't pick it up before because there's no clear shot of the rehaut on that angle. Oh well, I'll just think of it as a collector's item. :D

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
I'm just guessing, but it sounds like it may be an issue with the keyless works. Others will confirm.

If that is the issue, is that something expensive/difficult to fix? I wonder if I should let my TD know, thoughts?

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Yep, I just went back to my QC pics from 8th October and it looks like the first 'R' is in the gap and not aligned to the marker. I didn't pick it up before because there's no clear shot of the rehaut on that angle. Oh well, I'll just think of it as a collector's item. :D

Perfect attitude for this hobby! Love it :)

gozepher

Horology Curious
19/4/17
is anyone else having the following 'issue' when pulling out the crown?

Sometimes* when I pull the crown out to stop the seconds hand it feels as if it has come out but it is not the case as the seconds hands continue to move. It feels as if it is getting stuck on the notch before fully coming out.

Other times it pulls out fine stopping the seconds hands.

The opposite also happened where when I pushed the crown in the seconds did not start. This issue only happened once.

*seems like it is fixed it self for now..

Yes, I have the same issue too with the vsf too. Sometimes, it feels like I’m unable to pull the the crown out fully to adjust the time. I need to slightly rotate the crown a little more before it ‘engages’ and stops the second hand.

The watch also stopped a few times even after I pushed the crown back in. The solution was to again pull the crown back out, and then tap it near the crown guard area. Once I do this, the seconds hand will start to move when the crown is pushed back in again.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Yes, I have the same issue too with the vsf too. Sometimes, it feels like I’m unable to pull the the crown out fully to adjust the time. I need to slightly rotate the crown a little more before it ‘engages’ and stops the second hand.

The watch also stopped a few times even after I pushed the crown back in. The solution was to again pull the crown back out, and then tap it near the crown guard area. Once I do this, the seconds hand will start to move when the crown is pushed back in again.

I'm going with a Keyless Works issue as the cause: https://wornandwound.com/watchmaker...keyless-works-and-the-hand-setting-mechanism/