• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Definitely not. With my last Sub-C purchase, I had the TD record the clasp closure sound and send me an uncompressed WAV file of the result. I RLed 7 watches for substandard clasp closure clicks (CCC). The 8th watch had an acceptable CCC but unfortunately the rehaut looked slightly detached.
"You can't have it all." - El Popperini in "The Rep Life"

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Not sure if this has been discussed. The clasp click on the vsf is horrible. When you secure the watch the click is too shallow. I tried with my gen hulk and the click was louder and more satisfying. However this is nitpicking because when its on your wrist nobody cares. Just a thought.

I have found this with my VSF if i wear it between the 10.30am and 10.32am on a day with a low cloud covering , the temperature below 14.34 degrees C, on Tuesday if it has rained the night before , in a month with a 'r' in , in the vicinity of an oak tree ! Then the bezel looks slightly the wrong shade if you squint at it while wearing sunglasses .I'm surprised nobody else has picked up on this , just a thought and worth thinking about if you are intending to buy one .

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Definitely not. With my last Sub-C purchase, I had the TD record the clasp closure sound and send me an uncompressed WAV file of the result. I RLed 7 watches for substandard clasp closure clicks (CCC). The 8th watch had an acceptable CCC but unfortunately the rehaut looked slightly detached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oooh nice, you go 16 or 24 bit though?

either way I bet those CCCs were nausea inducing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tete

4/11/16
why when someone contributes a piece of information other than the bezel or dial, it is all a joke? There is something as good as respect. Here, unfortunately, what prevails is the great lack of respect for those who think differently or contribute something. Great companions !!! ;)

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
why when someone contributes a piece of information other than the bezel or dial, it is all a joke? There is something as good as respect. Here, unfortunately, what prevails is the great lack of respect for those who think differently or contribute something.
Someone's getting jealous that their 'flaw' is no longer the forum's most ridiculous one!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
i'm thinking i'll just bend the clasp a certain way until it lines up the way i want it...
Or since I've never really held a gen for more than 1 minute I'm hoping this is just how gen works.

Tete

4/11/16
why when someone contributes a piece of information other than the bezel or dial, it is all a joke? There is something as good as respect. Here, unfortunately, what prevails is the great lack of respect for those who think differently or contribute something.
Someone's getting jealous that their 'flaw' is no longer the forum's most ridiculous one!

you are 20 years old or you have never known education? I was starting to like you but I see that your parents did not let you know about education.

I repeat, not all of us are useless and clumsy and we can notice things that others neither see nor have the capacity to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

GingerBubba

24/10/17

you are 20 years old or you have never known education? I was starting to like you but I see that your parents did not let you know about education.

I repeat, not all of us are useless and clumsy and we can notice things that others neither see nor have the capacity to see.

I was just teasing, no offence meant.

GingerBubba

24/10/17

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Tete

4/11/16
Gentlemen please, if instead of talking and communicating around here, we would do it having a few beers or a tea, surely there would be respect and all this would be different, but since we have to do it coldly through a mobile phone or computer, we could behave differently. I hate to insult and I hate to be insulted. Respect here and everywhere is necessary for everything

Tete

4/11/16
:D Is this a Donald Trump tweet ? Did it continue 'i'm a stable genius ' ?

no, I am neither Trump nor a genius. My profession is a musician, and in music as in many other trades you only learn with humility, and if someone has some knowledge that I do not have, I listen and try to understand why it is so. The only way to correct mistakes and see what others are trying to tell us.

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Not sure if this has been discussed. The clasp click on the vsf is horrible. When you secure the watch the click is too shallow. I tried with my gen hulk and the click was louder and more satisfying. However this is nitpicking because when its on your wrist nobody cares. Just a thought.

Had the same issue, but its an easy fix.

If you want your clasp to snap better, u need to bend it a little with you thumb on that two point I shown in the pic.
but Don t bend it to much, so it won t close and you need to band it back:)
It will be much much better but arf stays still better

Reactions: Kostiksch

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention]
I found the pic
Gen and ZZF hands this is from december last year.

419adeebf8a3870ccb5ba33b29612de4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These ZZF hands don’t look like the pictures in the hand comparison post. You think they end up using different hand sets sometimes?