• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Though those images on bobs are definitely different. Can it be down to lighting

Here’s a pic of last set (1 of 2 set I purchased) in their sleeve again to me they are the same as The gen hands in the DLC and in that comparison pic I posted. And not as far from The ZZF as the one in the bib watches pic. Very interesting indeed.

82c17dc61859534aa72bd9bbf6d321b8.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree those all look similar. I don't think lighting would make the borders look thinner- all ARFs look thinner in all lighting and ZF does too. I've looked at more Smurfs and a lot of them do have the smaller, thicker borders hour hand. So there must be two styles. Need some more investigation.

The Smurfs linked below are not like the 116610LN's on Bob's

https://www.crownandcaliber.com/prod...RoCGmQQAvD_BwE

https://www.watchguynyc.com/products...gn=sag_organic

Even the 5 digit Kermit has a bigger hour hand with thinner borders (TC's too). I always thought that was just was just carried over to the 6 digit LN and LV's.

https://www.bobswatches.com/pre-owne...er-16610v.html

TC

Z2ufLb.jpg

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I realized looking at your sleeved hands that they are perfect devices for pressing hands! just hold it by the paper sleeve, which protects the dial/hands underneath, and press through the hole!

Reactions: stufuse

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
This is my ZZF V2s.

This looks like CF V2 bezel / insert that's on V2's is that an early V2S or a recent one?

CF V3 has teeth almost gen like and not that sharp also a pic of the insert should should show us is that CF V2 or V3.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
This looks like CF V2 bezel / insert that's on V2's is that an early V2S or a recent one?

CF V3 has teeth almost gen like and not that sharp also a pic of the insert should should show us is that CF V2 or V3.

I was going to write this too. Looks like the old v2 bezel to me.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Agree those all look similar. I don't think lighting would make the borders look thinner- all ARFs look thinner in all lighting and ZF does too. I've looked at more Smurfs and a lot of them do have the smaller, thicker borders hour hand. So there must be two styles. Need some more investigation.

I agree that the smurf hands are slightly different, there is indeed a couple types on these 6 digits and I had questioned it before.

it would make sense if they weren’t the same, as why would you then label them 116619. It’s funny, as these are what rolex are sending out when you order a set so I wonder if we will see them in some serviced subs. Like service hands.

This set look to be thinner border though same part number
f267a0c7141b4ae253e123512a5b5c15.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I took the liberty of having stufuse's gen hand photo and add photo from my VSF minute hand. I don't know what are stufuse's gen hands but they look similar...
Maybe VSF copied Rolex' service hands?

minutehand.jpg
minutehand.jpg

Last edited:

Navigator H4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/20
Yes, it is a v2 insert but the model is a V2s, bought in August. I have exchanged the green insert. I am really disappointed in ZZF, everything is junk, bracelet, case, bezel ring, glass, crown.
I will now exchange back and replace the bezel with an ARF.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Yes, it is a v2 insert but the model is a V2s, bought in August. I have exchanged the green insert. I am really disappointed in ZZF, everything is junk, bracelet, case, bezel ring, glass, crown.

b57ee705c7440952739a04a60039ff21.jpg

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
ARF has the better bezel for sure but their CGs are the worst and biggest tell. Hence why so many people pick ZZF over ARF because the CGs are flaws most people cant live it. Everyone has their preference!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Okay its V2S Hulk not no-date in that case its V2.

Only V2S no-date carries most of the V3 updates and CF V3 bezel (without the ARF bracelet though).

ineedhelpnow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/17
Not sure if this has been discussed. The clasp click on the vsf is horrible. When you secure the watch the click is too shallow. I tried with my gen hulk and the click was louder and more satisfying. However this is nitpicking because when its on your wrist nobody cares. Just a thought.

Reactions: Tete

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Not sure if this has been discussed. The clasp click on the vsf is horrible. When you secure the watch the click is too shallow. I tried with my gen hulk and the click was louder and more satisfying. However this is nitpicking because when its on your wrist nobody cares. Just a thought.

:rofl:

Nitpicking? You think!!?!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Clasp is always a QC issue you got a bad one most probably next one clicks better.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.

The clasp issue has been brought up with Andrew. Maybe the factory will resolve the issue

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Fookin ell lad, I mean there’s nitpicking and then there’s nit picking

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
:rofl:

Nitpicking? You think!!?!

Definitely not. With my last Sub-C purchase, I had the TD record the clasp closure sound and send me an uncompressed WAV file of the result. I RLed 7 watches for substandard clasp closure clicks (CCC). The 8th watch had an acceptable CCC but unfortunately the rehaut looked slightly detached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk