• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Thanks Daytonamania, you're right. Just go ahead it will sort itself out.

Anyway here is the VSF one day old on my wrist. Took it out for a spin. Date looks good, cyclops looks banging. Feels a little light compared to my zzf v2s hulk previously not sure why maybe just delusional or overthinking. Enjoy!

Ah didn't realise i was replying a fellow countryman! Watch looks good man. Volvo too!

Reactions: Mathisbou155

Tete

4/11/16
This might sound weird, but I felt the same with the RXF. Do you know what sorted it out? A baby oil bath for the bracelet! I know that sounds mental, but it's worth shot.

The same thing happened to me with all my rep, I never bathed them in oil, but after a week or less that feeling of a new somewhat rigid bracelet disappeared, and for some reason it seems to weigh more. If it is with oil logically the process is accelerated.
Before ordering my ARF OP39 I tested a gene at Rolex Marbella and the feeling was the same, it seemed very light.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

ineedhelpnow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/17
Daytonamania Ayee fellow sg boy. Thanks man. Tete ah that sounds more crazy than the oil bath mentioned by other users here. It gets "heavier" as time goes by? Honestly I think I watched the comparison video and I think it's lighter than gen by a few grams. Maybe that's why the idea is imprinted in my head.

Tete

4/11/16
Daytonamania Ayee fellow sg boy. Thanks man. Tete ah that sounds more crazy than the oil bath mentioned by other users here. It gets "heavier" as time goes by? Honestly I think I watched the comparison video and I think it's lighter than gen by a few grams. Maybe that's why the idea is imprinted in my head.

no, it does not get heavier, perhaps it is the feeling of the bracelet being freer and having a smoother movement, the weight is logically the same. I don't think the difference in weight with gene is very noticeable on the wrist.

Reactions: ChronoNoob

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
That´s heavy! Maybe the gravitational pull of the planet is acting up again! --- sorry mates, couldnt resist--- :nana:

Irvas

Horology Curious
7/10/20
Just a question regarding my QC (VSF VS3135). Is it just me or is this cyclope misaligned? Does not seem to be straight at all :S. Other then that 11 on the DW looks a bit wierd on the picture at least.
First buy ever so appreciate your opinion regarding the cyclops, thanks!
2.jpg

vDZcpffW
1.jpg

McZSvbW5

vDZcpffW

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Just a question regarding my QC (VSF VS3135). Is it just me or is this cyclope misaligned? Does not seem to be straight at all :S. Other then that 11 on the DW looks a bit wierd on the picture at least.
2.jpg

vDZcpffW
1.jpg

McZSvbW5

vDZcpffW

You are well and truly over analyzing it. Shrink that photo down to real size put it on your wrist and try and notice those things

Reactions: Pietros

Tete

4/11/16
2.jpg

vDZcpffW
1.jpg

McZSvbW5

vDZcpffW

can you show another photo from another angle? it looks like it's misaligned, but sometimes it's just because of the angle

Irvas

Horology Curious
7/10/20
You are well and truly over analyzing it. Shrink that photo down to real size put it on your wrist and try and notice those things

That was the smallest possible size of the photos I got and i could not shrink it more. You might be right, as I mentioned this is my first order so not so sure but it is annoying when seeing a pic that close at least but as you say, maybe on wrist it will be another story.

Irvas

Horology Curious
7/10/20
can you show another photo from another angle? it looks like it's misaligned, but sometimes it's just because of the angle

Did not get any good pictures where it shows clearly, but I will post anyway to see what you think :D Always nice with someone elses opinion. Might just be me being to picky as popa said over analyzing.

4.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
First buy ever so appreciate your opinion regarding the cyclops, thanks!]

Date wheel looks fine to me.
Cyclops is misaligned. Actually, I don't like saying it like that, because it makes it sound bad. Let's say instead that the Cyclops isn't perfectly aligned - but that certainly isn't something that should give you cause for concern. Here's a Gen forum talking about the exact same thing on their Gen watch.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=152873

If it's good enough for Gen Rolex, I really think it should be acceptable for a toy watch, don't you?

Enjoy it! The first watch is always special.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Irvas

Horology Curious
7/10/20
Date wheel looks fine to me.
Cyclops is misaligned. Actually, I don't like saying it like that, because it makes it sound bad. Let's say instead that the Cyclops isn't perfectly aligned - but that certainly isn't something that should give you cause for concern. Here's a Gen forum talking about the exact same thing on their Gen watch.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=152873

If it's good enough for Gen Rolex, I really think it should be acceptable for a toy watch, don't you?

Enjoy it! The first watch is always special.

Thank's guys for all your replys. It's just seeng other replicas where I can't see any flaws, so I got a bit annoyed over it because my eye caught it right away and seing other QC's in this thread where it looked perfect. But again, those other watches might got other flaws that I can't see instead of the cyclops so. And as you say, if those with gen can accept it, why wouldn't I also taking in consideration of what we pay for those replicas..

Another thing that I was a bit confused about was according to this link that I found on this forum https://clickpix.org/image/3b2323da-dc20-4fd8-bebd-7e31bf810185.ZKkcKI amplitude acceptable range is 250-270 but according to the QC video that I got it was 315. As far as I understand and read around on forums it should still be ok, but just making sure anyway with you more knowledged guys.
6.jpg

Again, thank's for all the help!

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
Thank's guys for all your replys. It's just seeng other replicas where I can't see any flaws, so I got a bit annoyed over it because my eye caught it right away and seing other QC's in this thread where it looked perfect. But again, those other watches might got other flaws that I can't see instead of the cyclops so. And as you say, if those with gen can accept it, why wouldn't I also taking in consideration of what we pay for those replicas..

Another thing that I was a bit confused about was according to this link that I found on this forum https://clickpix.org/image/3b2323da-dc20-4fd8-bebd-7e31bf810185.ZKkcKI amplitude acceptable range is 250-270 but according to the QC video that I got it was 315. As far as I understand and read around on forums it should still be ok, but just making sure anyway with you more knowledged guys.
6.jpg

At full wind, amplitude should
be around 300+. Half wind falls to within 260-280

Pietros

14/12/18
UK

6.jpg

If that's fully wound, dial up or dial down, it's perfect with that beat error and regulated to +1s/d.
250-270 is the lower end of acceptable while 270-315 is the upper end.
If it was crown up or crown down, you'd probably see it drop below 300 due to friction.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ve noticed The triangle on the ARF Mercedes Hand is larger than Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True plus the lume issue. ZF hands actually look really close to gen from QC pics. I don't think anyone has one in hand yet.

Z2m6oD.jpg

Reactions: stufuse