• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Sonofalich which springbars do you use?

Also, tbh, if you use gen springbars and it fits, there is a possibility of different bracelet batches. If I use gen springbars there is no way it would fit, only if I use smaller diameter springbars.

And just to conclude all the show, ive mentioned that only cause someone said that if ARF bracelet does not fit, then VSF case is not genlike, which does not make any sense to me, cause ARF bracelet does not fit (lets say) some gens without modifications (smaller diameter springbars or others, ive mentioned in my previous comment).

It was arf springbars if I remember rightly. But I'll check it out some day in the future once I fit my deposit box and post some pics and let you know.

Tete

4/11/16
KJ2020 Thank you very much, in images it seems quite simple, if I have to do it I hope not to break it

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Well, its just correct. There are a lot of people saying it does not fit, same it did not fit for me. Ive also explained the reason it does not fit.

I would even use the search bar for you, guys https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-sub-need-help

I couldn't get the arf bracelet to fit my gen either I tried 5 or 6 bracelets at least now it would not pop into place .the very first batch arf bracelet did fit my gen but that was only 1 bracelet and that maybe a fluke and I've not seen one since that would fit.the vsf does fit my gen but the 12 o'clock side there is a slight recess diffence to the 6 o'clock side

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
For reference N3xt 2841

My ARF fits my gen...

I mean that's not conclusive but at least another anecdotal one for you!

I think its fluke if it fits or not .maybe qc issues .but it's strange the arf bracelet will fit all arf cases but will only fit on a rare few gen 116610 cases.
it's also luck if the arf bracelet fits a noob case or a zzf case and has perfect sel.i think some bracelet come out the factory perfectly made but most the holes are drilled slightly unevenly.i tell people that ask should I order arf bracelet that it wont guarantee perfect sel anymore like it used to

Last edited:

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Sonofalich smoke the reason it does not fit is very simple - the SELs are longer. Btw ARF springbars are also thinner than gen ones. They obviously have some issues with SELs area.

So to conclude all that: VSF case (SELs/lugs areas) is more genlike, and ARF bracelet (which does not fit) only prooves that.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I really like the look of this VSF Submariner so I have cancelled my ZZF V3 Hulk order and asked my TD for a VSF Hulk instead - when it comes out (I have a ZZF V2S anyway).

Has anyone got their VSF watch yet care to advise on the following: I'm keen to know how it 'feels' and what the quality of the clasp is like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
48383017a40e4046914e230c39bd163b.jpg

e0a28d6fb71ee69f0195d701f112b9f3.jpg

A couple of important observations.
The hands that people are saying they would change, well these are superb, no sharp edges, nicely bevelled and next to my friends gen look really good. They do have a 3 d effect and the lume is exact with the markers and lasts all night..

Date wheel , the cyclops has a higher magnification at an angle than straight down.. when looked at straight the DW is spot on compared to his gen from 2016.. will try to do side by side when i next meet up.

Bracelet is simply stunning quality...
06db40da97e8e4f3c0c120088c7ef150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok.. so i just found this post saying the bracelet is stunning quality.. but why is the lume blue?? Should be green!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZhzF7t.jpg

(goes away to take pics of genuine watch..)

Lol.. I see what's happened here! My watch IS actually green when looking at it with eyes, but the phone camera seems to see it as blue!

I'll get my coat... :eek:

Last edited:

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
ok.. so i just found this post saying the bracelet is stunning quality.. but why is the lume blue?? Should be green!

It‘s called white balancing. Phone cameras do it automatically to make the picture look „natural“ to our eyes.

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
ZhzF7t.jpg

(goes away to take pics of genuine watch..)

Lol.. I see what's happened here! My watch IS actually green when looking at it with eyes, but the phone camera seems to see it as blue!

I'll get my coat... :eek:

No you are completely wrong, Rolex use a blue chromalight lume, this is the correct colour, nothing to do with the phone camera. If you have a modern submarine with green lume, then it’s not genuine

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
techrigger , please don’t pass your misunderstanding onto other members here. We all know that the newer subs use chroma light, which is essentially superluminova BGW9. We also know that previous 5 digits were green. The statement about the cameras filtering out the lume is correct. It appears blue in the pic, but in real life it’s a blue green.

Reactions: Tete and dustimage

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
The original statement that was made is referring to the fact that it looks too blue. I would agree. The pics do indeed make it appear the wrong colour. I know, I have a gen ND and have worked on many and I relume as well.

dustimage

Known Member
12/4/19
No you are completely wrong, Rolex use a blue chromalight lume, this is the correct colour, nothing to do with the phone camera. If you have a modern submarine with green lume, then it’s not genuine

No, newer gen have blue green lumes and it looks a lot greener than blue in real life. Photos show blue because of white balance.

Reactions: Daytonamania

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20

Do you own a gen/rep Rolex? Chromalight isn’t blue in real life like in the pictures man. It’s definitely not such a deep and dark blue. I even would say it’s more green than blue..

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Do you own a gen/rep Rolex? Chromalight isn’t blue in real life like in the pictures man. It’s definitely not such a deep and dark blue. I even would say it’s more green than blue..

Its not dark but i would definitely call it blue rather than green. Put it next to a seiko now thats green