• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Tete

4/11/16
Man, no disrespect and sorry to say that but I think it's a bit exaggerated as a statement. Before you were all about criticizing small unnoticeable details and now you're celebrating your purchase, something that I have sadly seen many times. Celebrating your purchase won't make it better than others, only thing it matters is that it is the best to you. This VSF brings a better case and (probably) movement on the table but it has its shortcomings too. Nothing unprecedented and revolutionary, as I have seen already some real life pics. It is a nice step up over other models but let's stay true to the real world please.

At no time have I said that it has no defects, of course it does, the first thing I am going to do is change hands, DW and crystal, but we cannot deny that it is the best case, platinum paint on the bezel and the best dial to date and by far. Sure I'm excited to have it and see how it feels, the same thing that I have enjoyed and enjoy many of the rep that I have and have had. Asking to improve things does not imply not enjoying them.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
its suppose to be a VSF, i had originially ordered a RXF but paid the extra $40 to upgrade to the VSF instead.

Have them send you pictures of the movement (caseback off) to confirm. If it’s not the VS3135 movement it’s def RXF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
All vsf serials are s19v97

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Seems to me like there is a batch of thick dates and a batch with regular...

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
Dude, read my post. The VSF "OFFICIALLY" print is what it is. You can reject 100 QC pics and will always see the same print on the dial...

You are wrong again .. The vsf factory has two types of dail one right and one wrong .. one with space between the letters and one without space between the letters ..

Reactions: Tete

Tete

4/11/16
You are wrong again .. The vsf factory has two types of dail one right and one wrong .. one with space between the letters and one without space between the letters ..

the same thing also happens to zzf, they have those two types of dials, at least on the LN

Reactions: Arik dahan

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

It's guys like you that have nothing better to do than screwing the rep world for everyone at some point. This type of childish nitpicking and rejecting everything not to your liking simply drives up prices at some point and will ultimately have a negative impact to the service level of the TDs. I honestly believe that this kind of obsessive disorder is usually found in people who never owned a gen. If you had, you'd be aware of the imperfections those have as well.

And on topic: if you search long enough, you'll find literally every permutation of fat/thin/medium font, gap or no gap, flat A, standard/short leg m, "ft" space, slanted "=", different "f" middle lines you can imagine. It simply hasn't been scientifically documented because no one except for Rolex really knows. Lean back and enjoy the rep for what it is. There's one tell you can never fix with a gen part and that's you.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
It's guys like you that have nothing better to do than screwing the rep world for everyone at some point. This type of childish nitpicking and rejecting everything not to your liking simply drives up prices at some point and will ultimately have a negative impact to the service level of the TDs. I honestly believe that this kind of obsessive disorder is usually found in people who never owned a gen. If you had, you'd be aware of the imperfections those have as well.

And on topic: if you search long enough, you'll find literally every permutation of fat/thin/medium font, gap or no gap, flat A, standard/short leg m, "ft" space, slanted "=", different "f" middle lines you can imagine. It simply hasn't been scientifically documented because no one except for Rolex really knows. Lean back and enjoy the rep for what it is. There's one tell you can never fix with a gen part and that's you.

100%. See a few of my posts on this thread. These people become hysterical over the slightest imperfection. I mean there are people on here freaking about having the same serial number as someone else with a rep. I mean honestly... I don't know what to say to that. Do you?

The only thing I think it is, is some people here want to post pictures of their watches to social media. And don't want to get called out as fake. Logically, that's the only thing it can be. Because why else are they so obsessed with minute details that are only apparent in pictures? The only other would be to you allow someone to study your watch, whilst they compare to their own. I'm afraid I can count on one hand in my entire life, how many times I've taken my watch off to show someone else. It's just a weird thing to do.

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Bad news I just talked to my crystal guy and his prices went up with the recent 116610 inflation SMH

flerens

Horology Curious
28/8/17

Hey everybody, first post...been following for a while, I've learn a lot from this forum..thanks! I got mine today.. great watch..for the price you can't go wrong. (Hope pictures are well attached)

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]flerens [/mention] there you go man!!! That’s what I’m talking about!!

Reactions: flerens

techrigger

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/5/19
Mine has arrived also... 0.0ms beat error, gained 2 seconds in 5 days...
93eac7db38f51bc5504d9a8c84da372b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19

You're wrong again .. there is no real Rolex with a thick font with no space between the letters .. simply not .. what is the problem just get it?
And if there is a better dail why take one with a mistake?
Some people are bothered by it.
Not good for you? At least do not talk nonsense without knowing and making mistakes.