• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I totally agree with you, but it does seem strange. It's all done by robots presumably so I don't understand the imprecision? Does anyone know how the engraving is done and therefore why they aren't all perfectly aligned?

That's a very good question, i suspect that most of the "misaligned" rehauts are actually misaligned dials, and could be easily fixed by rotating them by a hair, but it's also true that there are misaligned rehauts out there.

Laser etching machines are incredible precise, so the only way for them to etch in a "misaligned way" is for the rehaut to be positioned in a slightly tilted position. I can't think of anything else atm

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lug reflections? ZZF LV V3 a2836 vs genuine Rolex LN..

ZK2zi3.jpg
ZK2ZVn.jpg
ZK2DkE.jpg

I really don't see any difference whatsoever!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Technically speaking its a v2s. But i agree that there doesn't seem to be a difference with reflections.

So I'm led to believe, but it's listed on PT's site as a V3 so I quoted it as such for reference.

Tete

4/11/16
Lug reflections? ZZF LV V3 a2836 vs genuine Rolex LN..

ZK2zi3.jpg
ZK2ZVn.jpg
ZK2DkE.jpg

I really don't see any difference whatsoever!

the difference is minimal, so I asked for a little more attention in something as simple as improving something that is almost perfect. In any case, for that difference to be noticed, you have to put both watches in this position and let the light shine so that you can see that curve that begins about 2mm after the bezel, and not from the bezel.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZK2MP3.jpg
ZK24mn.jpg

Not that big a deal worth worrying about.. there are more important things to get right..like the crown guards and crystal height and bezel seat depth and the feel of the bracelet and clasp.

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
Lug reflections? Seriously guys? Spend 10k on a gen...

... to find out they also have tolerances and tiny details that are off.

No reflections, we are using them to see the shape of the case, and always always always the light determines one shape or another, but we are not talking about reflections, but about the shape of the case. And it is something so easy to correct that surely in the factories they have not even noticed because they not only have to copy one watch but many models. And logically they do not have quality control or a design team, much less. correcting that is very easy. We can not only give importance to a bezel or a dial, the set of parts makes a rep good or not.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Dude, that comparison makes zero sense if you don't take the images with the 1000% exact same setup. You can tell from the pics above that the angle of incoming light was simply different. And even then, the reflections are still close enough...

Tete

4/11/16
ZK2MP3.jpg
ZK24mn.jpg

Not that big a deal worth worrying about.. there are more important things to get right..like the crown guards and crystal height and bezel seat depth and the feel of the bracelet and clasp.

for me it is important, very important, and I will continue to say a thousand times more that it is something very easy to copy. The Case is the true beauty of a Rolex, no other manufacturer makes a case that is capable of being seen in a thousand ways depending on where you look at it. Do this with your Zzf, it will never look like this. The lugs go from being curved to totally straight. Sorry but the case is my weakness.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think for under $500, it's close enough for me. Your thing is case shape, my thing is crown guards shape and I have never seen a rep Submariner 5 or 6 digit get it right yet?

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Hell no, not that reflection bullshit again.
Please, no. Please!!!
We are living in a beautiful world, where submariner reps are so damn good. I can understand the discussion about lugs, cg, hands, dial, etc. But not the reflections...
So stop it Tete

​​​​​​​Or go and create a new topic where you can start a debate about this. If there will be someone interested, you May be not the only one posting there.

Reactions: Rel and leo6929

Tete

4/11/16
Hell no, not that reflection bullshit again.
Please, no. Please!!!
We are living in a beautiful world, where submariner reps are so damn good. I can understand the discussion about lugs, cg, hands, dial, etc. But not the reflections...
So stop it Tete

Or go and create a new topic where you can start a debate about this. If there will be someone interested, you May be not the only one posting there.

another person with the reflection? it is not reflections, it is the shape, the design of the lugs !!! If all that doesn't matter to you, buy a sub from AliExpress and save yourself $ 450, if in the end you won't notice the difference ...

​​​​​​​look that you are heavy !!! Are you friends of the factory or just the owners? Do not defend so much those who do not finish doing it well and be a little more demanding, $ 500 is a lot of money, in some countries it is more than half of the monthly salary and for the Chinese market it has even more value

rodb

Horology Curious
20/9/20

just got QC, rehaut looks good to me. would RLing this for OFFICIALLY and not OFFICALL Y be overdoing it? Thank you for the advice!