• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
The level of zoom you need to tell those micro signs is hilarious :D
That's an instant tell, when you have bionic eyes that zoom 100X with ultra resolution :p

You got me with the serial number :D
But there's no denying - they are really similar and close.

Honestly, the markers are a tell even without any zoom. I mean from your wrist might be no, but if you would pass it to me or anyone who knows smth about those watches, its going to be an instant tell (unlike the lights reflection on the lugs)

Anyways, let's just get back to the thread topic

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
This is crazy talk.
I'm saying they are similar, not perfect.
If I want perfection I buy a gen...

The VSF markers are not an instant tell, so I can tell they are improving.

Honestly, how many people do you know that would say to you - "humm, those markers don't look gen" :D

Are you buying a rep to pretend you have a gen?
I buy them because I love the watch, and don't feel the need of buying a gen.

I don't love the gen AirKing more than I love my reps.

This is crazy talk...

Tete

4/11/16
This is crazy talk.
I'm saying they are similar, not perfect.
If I want perfection I buy a gen...

The VSF markers are not an instant tell, so I can tell they are improving.

Honestly, how many people do you know that would say to you - "humm, those markers don't look gen" :D

Are you buying a rep to pretend you have a gen?
I buy them because I love the watch, and don't feel the need of buying a gen.

I don't love the gen AirKing more than I love my reps.

This is crazy talk...

sure it's crazy talk. You and others like you have created it, I only asked that they take more into account that detail of Rolex cases, which is very easy to replicate if you want. I also love all my rep, I see them very good and quality and getting better and better. And I am excited waiting for my VSF.

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Oops, sry, don't know how it happened, but I've sent the same message twice ↓

Last edited:

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Don't really feel its a crazy talk, cause boxy markers in 2020, when every top rep factory is making rounded is a bigger tell than lugs' lights reflection

And we are not talking about the possibility of getting called out by random people here, im just saying that there should be a limit of what we should expect from a rep

Tete

4/11/16
Don't really feel its a crazy talk, cause boxy markers in 2020, when every top rep factory is making rounded is a bigger tell than lugs' lights reflection

And we are not talking about the possibility of getting called out by random people here, im just saying that there should be a limit to what we should expect from a rep

I hope that with the new 2020 case, 126610 do not have this problem, since it is much simpler and flat, but I see a thousand times parts that should be curved make them straight, and straight parts make them curved. I do not understand, do they do it on purpose because of legality? because a rep is not the same as an exact forgery, can that be a more serious crime in the event of a raid?

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
The level of zoom you need to tell those micro signs is hilarious :D
That's an instant tell, when you have bionic eyes that zoom 100X with ultra resolution :p

You got me with the serial number :D
But there's no denying - they are really similar and close.

Pathetic attempt, really. All you've done is made yourself look silly.. whatever your intent was to begin with lol.

Many good reps, all not perfect, Tete is obsessed with lugs, end of story.

Reactions: fradic

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Guys, Mille and Studio. U are really trying too hard. First of all, the watch you stated "was" gen, with the first picture, was not gen at all. The second one was. Not the same watch at all, u made yourself look like a damn fool, and so did u studio buy assuming tete was stating the guy was a liar.

Second, Tete is crazy about lugs, so what? Give the dude a break, its people like him that pushed replicas forward. No-one was even talking about dull-grayish printing, bad SELs and so on before big Smoke was stepping up in the scene. Let these crazy characters excel in what they do best, observe and point out.

Reactions: BOSSK

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I'm continually in awe of the attention to detail on these threads, it's this striving for perfection that has led to the quality of reps we have today. If everyone just took the view that "hey that's close enough, it's a rep" we'd all just have DH Gate shitters to choose from. And for that I'm thankful.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I'm continually in awe of the attention to detail on these threads, it's this striving for perfection that has led to the quality of reps we have today. If everyone just took the view that "hey that's close enough, it's a rep" we'd all just have DH Gate shitters to choose from. And for that I'm thankful.

That's not true in the slightest.

The reason improvements happen is because the other factories are competing for sales. The forums/reddit only account for an estimated 20-30% of all sales, according to the big TD's and who the factories supply.

The factories want to sell more of their units. Therefore, they have to differentiate themselves between the other products. This forum has very very little to do with that process.

All these threads do is, encourage people to whine about minor details.

Reactions: fuzzmex

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Case and lug brushing is a real issue. Once you see it, it actually goes a long way to defining the shape of a watch case. It’s the main reason I could never have bought a rep black bay 58 - and instead went gen. The brushing on that case is even more particular and noticeable. That being said, I think the abrasive and self righteous manner in which Tete made his point is not helpful. These threads would be much better if they didn’t turn into fights like this.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
This kind of posts always turn the same..I got some hopes on VSF because of their ceramic insert.

IMO they got one of the best Ceramic inserts I’ve ever seen on a rep on its SM300 and waiting with big hopes for the smurf release.

As said a lot of times GEN is GEN, and some guys are really critical with little details.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Pathetic attempt, really. All you've done is made yourself look silly.. whatever your intent was to begin with lol.

Many good reps, all not perfect, Tete is obsessed with lugs, end of story.

Not a pathetic attempt at all.
I was trying to understand the paranoia...

And I do understand now!
Look silly or not, I don't care mate.

We are at a replica watch forum, discussing the micro flaws of a 500$ rep and saying the watches are not even close to gen?!
That, my friend, is silly :D (and my photos proved it)

Tete

4/11/16
Case and lug brushing is a real issue. Once you see it, it actually goes a long way to defining the shape of a watch case. It’s the main reason I could never have bought a rep black bay 58 - and instead went gen. The brushing on that case is even more particular and noticeable. That being said, I think the abrasive and self righteous manner in which Tete made his point is not helpful. These threads would be much better if they didn’t turn into fights like this.

I'm sorry for the anger, but there are people who can't stand seeing the bugs or aren't interested for X reasons ... I started the conversation calmly but at least 6 alleged RWI members appeared saying I'm crazy because they don't see it or really They are not interested in us seeing it

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
That's not true in the slightest.

The reason improvements happen is because the other factories are competing for sales. The forums/reddit only account for an estimated 20-30% of all sales, according to the big TD's and who the factories supply.

The factories want to sell more of their units. Therefore, they have to differentiate themselves between the other products. This forum has very very little to do with that process.

All these threads do is, encourage people to whine about minor details.

The trusted dealers feed back from "people whining" on this and other forums directly back to the factories, pointing out the improvements the picky enthusiasts want. If most of the sales come from people who don't educate themselves before buying then it would just be a war based on price alone. After all, the TDs list every factory release as "best" "1:1" or "clone" regardless of its attention to detail or quality.
​​​​​​
Don't underestimate the power of the vocal few as it is they that shape and form opinions that ultimately have far reaching effects. There have been improvements requested on these forums that have been followed through by the factories. Hell, one of the TDs here is going to be working directly with ARF on some of their next releases. For every active poster there are probably 10+ lurkers researching their next purchase based on the "moaning".

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I'm telling you it's a gen...

2020-10-04-02-40-58.jpg

This is gen this the other watch is not and it's a bad fake

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
Guys, Mille and Studio. U are really trying too hard. First of all, the watch you stated "was" gen, with the first picture, was not gen at all. The second one was. Not the same watch at all, u made yourself look like a damn fool, and so did u studio buy assuming tete was stating the guy was a liar.

Second, Tete is crazy about lugs, so what? Give the dude a break, its people like him that pushed replicas forward. No-one was even talking about dull-grayish printing, bad SELs and so on before big Smoke was stepping up in the scene. Let these crazy characters excel in what they do best, observe and point out.

Thank you very much for your support, I personally pay a lot of attention to the Rolex case because it is something inimitable for now (although getting better and closer to gen) and it gives it that touch of elegance that not all gen factories have. I understand that there are many people who do not notice these differences and do not care, but please let those of us speak who do see them and are bothered by some parts of the piece that are easy to correct or get.

I am aware that most do not notice these defects, here I leave a guy who pretends to have many Gen and most or all of them are rep, including a ZZF V2 with the defect of the X, serial number .. .. it has followers of official gen websites, sellers, gene collectors ... nobody notices and they all like it !!! lolololo

https://instagram.com/watch__shots?igshid=1kqu17dfan1i1

ZZF V2 lv Crystal gen

Last edited:
Reactions: KOT1917

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The trusted dealers feed back from "people whining" on this and other forums directly back to the factories, pointing out the improvements the picky enthusiasts want. If most of the sales come from people who don't educate themselves before buying then it would just be a war based on price alone. After all, the TDs list every factory release as "best" "1:1" or "clone" regardless of its attention to detail or quality.
​​​​​​
Don't underestimate the power of the vocal few as it is they that shape and form opinions that ultimately have far reaching effects. There have been improvements requested on these forums that have been followed through by the factories. Hell, one of the TDs here is going to be working directly with ARF on some of their next releases. For every active poster there are probably 10+ lurkers researching their next purchase based on the "moaning".

Your thoughts are based on logic, but it's just not true.

The factories are shipping pallet loads... I mean pallet loads. With no QC checks, they go all over the world. Turkey, Thailand, China markets... everywhere. You think they individually check each QC? No. They are shipped in HUGE HUGE batches.

Look at articles like this:
https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/new...-counterfeit-rolex-watches-seized/3483973001/

Ignore the crap in the article, but that is how they're shipped. In huge huge bulk batches. We are nothing. The TD's mostly don't even return the watches to the factories... if they're a high volume seller like Puretime, they will give it to someone else. Obviously big flaws can be returned to factories. But most of the factories are not accepting minor issues as return reasons. It's one of the reasons costs have increased in replicas over the years. Sometimes TD's take a hit because of our QCs. I know this first hand, I'm quite friendly with some TDs.

Regarding ARF + Angus has good intentions, and good connections but end of the day. Money talks. The factories improve what they can, for one reason and one reason alone. To improve their sales. Plus as machinery has got cheaper, it's become easier. CNC machinery and 3D printing for templates etc, has made the improvements we see today. That combined with multiple watch companies turning their manufacturing to China has caused industry secrets to leak. It has very little to do with us and the whining about minor flaws on this forum.

You can believe what you like, but it's not the truth. We make up a very very small number of sales. We might be 20% of their profit... but actual volume, we're hardly a blip.

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

Tete

4/11/16
This is gen this the other watch is not and it's a bad fake

smoeke Thank you for appearing, thanks to you many people know well the defects and virtues of the sub rep. And I think that is why the factories are moving forward. Thank you!!!