• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
not only that, that will fix the central part of the watch and it will look almost gen. But the lugs give it away, the reflection of the light is very different in gen
that's the shape of the case that makes Gen so refined and elegant, if factories wanted they could do it but so far no one has done it ... why?

That's a new crazy level :p

You guys look like you are buying some kind of space ship that needs to be perfect, or else it will blow up :D

My Noob V8 case is still more than enough for what I've paid for it.
I reckon this VSF will be even better (good for us)...

20200228-165630-Edit.jpg

Reactions: De Kev

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I have had 116610ln gen for five years but now I can't afford gen. It would not be so difficult to give that beautiful shape to the ears. They do almost perfect 3135 moves and can't make perfect lugs? I also have a Vsf on the way and I am hopeful about it. If you have yours, would you be so kind as to take some photos similar to the ones I have cited? Thank you
I currently don’t have a vsf. I can tell you that lugs on that model are very well realized and in real life I think they can give you a closer impression to gen. But gen is gen and any rep it will always be different. This is my opinion. You will never get 100% there. Something I should remind myself first is that they are reps and must be enjoyed as reps.

Reactions: Sdc83

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
@up
Damn, what a beauty! If You ask me - perfect QC. You are one lucky guy :)

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Going back to vsf. Here's the qc of another vsf that I just GL'ed. https://m.imgur.com/a/F5VdN71

The first one I got came with the normal officially dial and this one with officiall y. So there's two different batches out

Here's a video of of the rxf crystal that I found on reddit: https://m.imgur.com/a/xNRiB0j

​​​​​

That’s crystal looks great. Watch is really nice. Hands have rough edges, the minute and seconds especially. Still unsure in the hour hand.

looks gen really. these subs are rediculously good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
That’s crystal looks great. Watch is really nice. Hands have rough edges, the minute and seconds especially. Still unsure in the hour hand.

looks gen really. these subs are rediculously good now

Well said. They are all so good and similar between them that I even think there won't be any clear winner as the best sub. Maybe a preferred one but not an absolute best as with other models.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I’m liking the case full stop, do we know if the bezel assembly is like gen. Hoping the insert is pressure fit like gen/ ARF

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Right, better than older ARF which was imbalance.
By the way, did the insert from ZZ and VS similar in some where?
Is amazing that VS undercut the other makers with their asking price. Hope this will trigger another price competition like what Noob did to their V8/V9/V10 when ZZ sweep their floor..

Yeah we’ll see!

I think VSF pearl looks better so they use a different insert supplier than ZZF

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]Tete [/mention] yes dude that angling at the base of the lug is lacking on most sub reps to date but from photos I believe the VSF will deliver this curvature

Reactions: Tete

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Man I can’t wait for this vsf!! So what I’ve seen in consistent QCs semi rough edges on the hands, dates left justified a smidge (is this a movement, dw, or assembly problem?), sort of sharp square clasp, slight rehaut wokkiness, insert lower quality engraving beveling...

But if the crystal really is that good then that’s saving a lot of dough on gen crystal. I’m glad bezel teeth are so accurate on all the new reps whereas before it was just a guessing game of the shape

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
There is always something with all these reps. Always. There won’t be a best as it’s so subjective. Some people don’t see what you do, I know I don’t see some of thing posted as others don’t see what I do.

They all have their merits. Lots of people trying to convince others their opinion is right

It’s a nice watch as the others are

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
To all the guys waiting for their VSF submariner to come - I hope that we will see lots of heavy wristies over here!
Seeing all your QC makes me want one. But I bought the Noob 2 months ago :S
And waiting for the other subs from VSF...

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
To all the guys waiting for their VSF submariner to come - I hope that we will see lots of heavy wristies over here!
Seeing all your QC makes me want one. But I bought the Noob 2 months ago :S
And waiting for the other subs from VSF...

Im with you....waiting on Smurf myself

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
not only that, that will fix the central part of the watch and it will look almost gen. But the lugs give it away, the reflection of the light is very different in gen
that's the shape of the case that makes Gen so refined and elegant, if factories wanted they could do it but so far no one has done it ... why?

You gotta be shitting me right? Nitpicking on lug reflection. Nothing China makes will be good enough for you then. Go buy a gen and be done with it. These are 90% there already. Reps are reps. If they were 100% then no one would wanna buy gens. Geez..

Tete

4/11/16
You gotta be shitting me right? Nitpicking on lug reflection. Nothing China makes will be good enough for you then. Go buy a gen and be done with it. These are 90% there already. Reps are reps. If they were 100% then no one would wanna buy gens. Geez..

no, it is not reflection, I have used that to show the shape of the case. It is something very easy to do, we worry about the DW is bold, sharp hands, closure code, pearl ... but we do not give importance to the case? Rolex makes a difference with other brands precisely because of that, because of the beautiful and elegant shape and curves of its cases. Let's give more importance to this. A watch is not just a dial and your hands. We seek perfection in certain things but do not care about others? I know very well that it will never be like Gen, but what I ask is easier than making a vs3135, vr3135, black hole, rounded hands, bezel, insert ... the case is only to give a correct shape to a piece of steel !!!