• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
It replicates the 2010-2015 date font. But newer wheels are thinner. A promising looking watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OFFICIALL Y dial is from 2014 so it supports your conclusion.

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
Let see when macro pics that will come, if the typo is sharp and correct, that will do the job again a 2014 gen :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
OFFICIALL Y dial is from 2014 so it supports your conclusion.

It’s a nice way of justifying it but I doubt it’s intentional, hence VS have already mentioned reprinting the DW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
It’s a nice way of justifying it but I doubt it’s intentional, hence VS have already mentioned reprinting the DW

lucky us then since we have that convenient coincidence ;) unlucky me, since the wach is already on its way to me ;/

jodelaplaya

2/4/14

Hope New batch will Come soon with the old dw it's perfect!

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
new vsf looks good. it bothers me the thick dw and that the bezel swings to the sides (I've seen it on more watches on youku)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mopfloyd

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
new vsf looks good. it bothers me the thick dw and that the bezel swings to the sides (I've seen it on more watches on youku)

What do you mean swings the the side? Do you mean backplay in the action or is this an issue with the bezel fit on the retaining ring?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

What's with all the complaints about DW? Easy and cheap swap with gen one.

peppercorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/18
you can see it in the video at 3:50. some sub gens also have this swing. I saw it on gen hulk last year at ad. others did not have this defect...

https://v.youku.com/pad_show/id_XNDg...13141534.1_1.1

I watched the video, I must admit I don’t understand the language, he kept pointing at the bezel insert, maybe related to the inner edge adjacent to the crystal?
Is it a ‘gap’ variance or something?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
What's with all the complaints about DW? Easy and cheap swap with gen one.

Complaints are about the incompetence of makers to produce a simple thing as a datewheel. Especially the maker that can replicate an Omega movement so good. The fuc@#in' V games they're playing are getting old.
Plus I don't think that a 1g circle made of metal is worth a 100$...

Reactions: YellowFin

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Complaints are about the incompetence of makers to produce a simple thing as a datewheel. Especially the maker that can replicate an Omega movement so good. The fuc@#in' V games they're playing are getting old.

Right ! Espacially when they did it right one month ago with the 2824 version, it would be a really good OOTB

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
The more I look at the DW, the more I'm thinking it could be a a magnification issue with the cyclops.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

That's why it's a replica and not gen. If they were able to make these in a professional factory that doesn't get raided, then of course the quality would be consistent and even closer to gen. Pick your battles with these reps.... more value to have a gen like case and rehaut in a replica... Which brings me back to my point of who cares about a silly date font that is easily replaced.