• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
The link above is a video showing how the flip when open doesn’t rub against the bracelet.

On prior reps including ARF bracelet the flip opens all the way to lean on the bracelet causing this
f4e9ddf1dd6b3c146b3237ca305932c7.jpg

That rubbing also happens on gen

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
1113f0154e1b424b9a3ed82b2554c9af.jpg

Impatient for this to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m happy for you but I just feel the bezel is still too dark albeit the radiance of the dial is acceptable. I need to overcome my own “issues”

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
316 is more scratch resistant, 904 is more corrosion resistant. Simple

Legitimately true.
Why didn’t Patek use 904 then?

Scratch resistance is more practical IRL than corrosion resistance because Patek knows rarely will the owner wears a 5711 for its active sport lifestyle including contact with sea water...

I LOVE MY 316 truly Gen & Rep submariners.
For the mind’s sake, each to its own. Both choices are a winner in its merits.

Nonetheless I wish VSF used 316 instead.

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I thought I read from [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] there’s a stopping mechanism on gen. Otherwise vsf has a flip stop mechanism that gen doesn’t have!!!Look at the video

https://streamable.com/3ijukh

and try with your ZZFs and ZFs. I distinctly remember ARF and older noobs flip all the way open to rub against bracelet. Vsf does not as evident by lack of bracelet scratch. Your new zzfs and zfs might too!

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I thought I read from [mention]KJ2020 [/mention] there’s a stopping mechanism on gen. Otherwise vsf has a flip stop mechanism that gen doesn’t have!!!Look at the video

https://streamable.com/3ijukh

and try with your ZZFs and ZFs. I distinctly remember ARF and older noobs flip all the way open to rub against bracelet. Vsf does not as evident by lack of bracelet scratch. Your new zzfs and zfs might too!

I dont think its necessarily the fliplock that causes it as the whole clasp closed can touch against the bracelet but i suppose its one less cause

Reactions: d3s19n

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Yeah that’s fair. Anyway Glad we took a break from the harsh back and forths to examine new topics.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Plucks

6/2/17
I’m happy for you but I just feel the bezel is still too dark albeit the radiance of the dial is acceptable. I need to overcome my own “issues”

Agree it isn’t 100% perfect but acceptable to me. It will go well with my other gen Rolex’s especially my bluesy. Will take some photos with the bluesy once I have it in my hands.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Man this VSF seriously looks like the best current Sub rep available. It just looks sooo good for a rep.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Agree it isn’t 100% perfect but acceptable to me. It will go well with my other gen Rolex’s especially my bluesy. Will take some photos with the bluesy once I have it in my hands.

Thank you mate!

clockwork

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
22/12/07
Thanks for the inputs, I have put the trigger so I will be posting pics in couple of weeks once I get the parts and send it to my watchsmith.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That rubbing also happens on gen

Not one of my gens has those marks from the safety clasp. The gen construction is different, made so it can't rub the bracelet.

All rep bracelets so far has got this construction wrong, that's why you see the marks on the rep bracelets.

I did a post on the Daytona tread a couple of weeks back, and how to fix it with a slight brush