• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
it's not ridiculous !!! does not scratch. I repeat, DO NOT SCRATCH. Believe it or not it is so! There are steels and steels and there is no doubt that this one is much harder. I don't know if better quality or not, but it is hard as a diamond. DO NOT SCRATCH !!!

Im gonna quote you on this because if you cant see how preposterous tou sound then good for you.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Insecurities from a guy who doesn’t even own the watch. It’s hilarious to watch you melt in a VSF thread.

Dude youre hitching a wagon to the crazy train. We'll see whos melting in a couple of weeks when i ask for photos with the newspaper to show your no scratches. You cant win this one give up. Tete just claimed its as hard as diamond. Someone explain science to him please

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hi, I am really speechless! The quality looks really good ! Very nice watch ! May I ask from which dealer you bought it and how much did it cost ? Maybe you have a link for me. Would be very nice !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You buy it from the very author of this very long thread! My long term supplier Andrew at Trustytime: https://trustytime.io

The link to the watch LV is here..

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=22094

.and the black one here..

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=21900

Enjoy. These are simply fabulous.

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
Dude youre hitching a wagon to the crazy train. We'll see whos melting in a couple of weeks when i ask for photos with the newspaper to show your no scratches. You cant win this one give up. Tete just claimed its as hard as diamond. Someone explain science to him please

Why do we need to prove anything to you again? Are you really serious? This is a conversation between people who actually own the watch making observations based on real world experience. All you’re doing is making baseless assumptions and thread crapping because you’re too insecure for whatever reason.

And besides if you knew anything about tete, he has a way with words that you just don’t get and are using it against him because you are taking every word he says seriously.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The rep dials will always be the shortfall against a gen. The way the sunburst fans out, and the great depth of color from black to emerald green on a gen dial is just not easily replicated. Still, the VSF looks like it got all the rest of the blocks checked quite well.

15744952906320.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The rep dials will always be the shortfall against a gen. The way the sunburst fans out, and the great depth of color from black to emerald green on a gen dial is just not easily replicated. Still, the VSF looks like it got all the rest of the blocks checked quite well.

15744952906320.jpg

I agree.. and to quote myself from an earier post..

I'd agree to an extent. The dial is very very good in lowlight but in sunlight is has 'sunrays' going off in multiple directions. Compared to the sunburst dial I had on my genuine 116613LB (blue tt sub), the sunray reflections would be like a bow tie, on this rep, the sunrays are like two half moons.

I guess the difference is the thickness and/or the flatness of the actual dial itself. If it was pure flat you'd get single a bow tie reflection, bend it a little you get half moons. I think the genuine dial is thicker and flatter/truer, I hope this makes sense. That, and Rolex uses precious metals and other process to do the magic with the light.

I'd bet it costs R factory near as much to make just the Hulk dial than it does for VSF to make the whole watch.

Reactions: KJ2020

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Why do we need to prove anything to you again? Are you really serious? This is a conversation between people who actually own the watch making observations based on real world experience. All you’re doing is making baseless assumptions and thread crapping because you’re too insecure for whatever reason.

And besides if you knew anything about tete, he has a way with words that you just don’t get and are using it against him because you are taking every word he says seriously.

SCIENCE, send your watch to me, i will scratch it and send it back. Youre welcome

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
SCIENCE, send your watch to me, i will scratch it and send it back. Youre welcome

I don’t live in a lab...neither do my watches. I can care less what your lab results says. I’m more interested in real world conditions and what others who own and wear their watches regularly are experiencing. Again, there’s nothing to prove to you. My post wasn’t meant for you nor will it ever be. My audience is the members who owns the watch. I’ve owned enough watches in the last 20 years to make my own observations. I’m not asking for yours from the outside looking in.

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16

logically it will scratch, if you give it intentionally it will be noticed in Vsf, if you do it in my ARF or Zzf then you can throw it away. Zf I can't speak because I don't have it but I would bet it's not any harder than my two ARf "904L butter"

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
logically it will scratch, if you give it intentionally it will be noticed in Vsf, if you do it in my ARF or Zzf then you can throw it away. Zf I can't speak because I don't have it but I would bet it's not any harder than my two ARf "904L butter"

So now 316 steel is actually a feature of quality. You should let Rolex know they should copy vsfs clasp. This keeps getting better. What else do you prefer on the vsf over the gen

Tete

4/11/16
So now 316 steel is actually a feature of quality. You should let Rolex know they should copy vsfs clasp. This keeps getting better. What else do you prefer on the vsf over the gen

you are silly right or you think you are quite funny. Who told you that VSF is 316? What does the hardness of steel have to do with 316 or 904? If you don't contribute anything in this thread, don't bother with nonsense anymore

Reactions: Jayalvin777

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
VSF 904L
ARF 904 butter Noob 316 butter
ZZF v2s 316 butter

Dont forget rolex 904 butter. How are you going to backtrack the vsf 904 clasp when its confirmed as 316. Say it doent matter anyway. And i like the vsf subs, i just cant not comment when some pretentious nonsense is pushed on here.

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
The link above is a video showing how the flip when open doesn’t rub against the bracelet.

On prior reps including ARF bracelet the flip opens all the way to lean on the bracelet causing this
f4e9ddf1dd6b3c146b3237ca305932c7.jpg

Reactions: Tete

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Did they fix the bold hour hand already or its still same as first batches?