• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Idk, guys, the hands do not look awful to me. Might be the hours hand is a little bold, but I'm not stating it until I would receive mine. Anyways at least from most irl pics I've seen, they are not THAT bad, some pics even show a good 3d effect

That’s what I said, it’s got fatter edges for sure. the new zzfs have better hands, bezel and insert than that v2. We need pics next to a v2s/v3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
VSF from Trusty Time about to get shipped. I'll post live shots when it arrives.
ZKl7Vj.jpg

ZKlNa4.jpg

ZKl4v8.jpg

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Holyshit this watch is haawwt:bighug:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Guys it might just me as a junior horological hobbyist but I have found that the hands always blemish even when I used plastic tipped tools... I still make a lot of errors and the hands fall on top of each other so that could be it.. I typically hold the hand with puddy, line it up then press with a pen tool.. any tips from real watchsmiths?? As always, thanks

a good quality hand press does help but it’s the handling of the hands. Some of the rep hands are like stainless plated brass And some are cheap stainless which is very soft so even plastic can mark them. its almost impossible to repolish these hands so once they are damaged that’s it. I use peg wood tipped tweezers but they cost about $200 and are the best for dealing with fragile easily marked material. I also use very thin wax paper which is like some of the packing paper fragile items are sent in. Cut a small strip and place this over the pinion between the hand and the press tip then press them on. The paper is fragile enough to allow the pinion to punch through it and provide a scratch free surface between the soft hand material and the plastic hand press tips. Hope this helps

7five7

31/12/19
Why didnt you just use ARF bracelet all across? Gaps in SEL?

Because the ARF SELs don’t properly engage in VSF case, only way I was able to make it work was using thinner spring bars but then it’s really loose.

Tete

4/11/16
Does anyone know if the insert is pressed against the bevel or if it is adhesive? If it is pressure, what care should be taken? Thank you

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Does anyone know if the insert is pressed against the bevel or if it is adhesive? If it is pressure, what care should be taken? Thank you

Are you removing the insert? If it’s pressure fit like the ARF and gen there should be a removal ring that’s between the insert and the bezel itself. If removing a pressure fit insert just make sure you pry under this seating ring and it will insure you dont crack the insert when removing it. Youll need a sharp tool to seperate without damage.

Reactions: d3s19n

Tete

4/11/16
mnkoshka Thank you very much mate, I'm just asking because mine in QC I think is a little, just a little off-center. Thank you very much for your advice and if I have to, I will be very careful.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Because the ARF SELs don’t properly engage in VSF case, only way I was able to make it work was using thinner spring bars but then it’s really loose.
That's really unfortunate. That basically means that the VSF case isn't gen spec in that aspect because arf 97200 bracelets are directly interchangeable with gen bracelets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
mnkoshka Thank you very much mate, I'm just asking because mine in QC I think is a little, just a little off-center. Thank you very much for your advice and if I have to, I will be very careful.

No worries mate hopefully it’ll be fine... it’d be good to know if the bezel is gen spec or just stuck in with adhesive. Good luck

Reactions: Tete

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Looking at the pictures i think that the vsf insert is the best insert in low light..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
That's really unfortunate. That basically means that the VSF case isn't gen spec in that aspect because arf 97200 bracelets are directly interchangeable with gen bracelets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Actually, not really.. ARF bracelet does not fit gen case directly, the SELs on ARF bracelet are a little longer than on a gen bracelet, so the bracelet won't fit without modifications. Also the spring bars are a little different too. So what happens here with VSF case is the same as with a gen case. If you want to fit ARF bracelet, then you would need either smaller diameter springbars (not exactly genlike, cause of the SELs), or you would need to drill out SEL holes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777