• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I got my QC and notice the rehaut are not good with some factory, and why people call it's best rep so far if the vsf don't even make rehaut right?? The first "R" letter next by crown mark are off, as you can see the gen they are center on minute mark. I thought is my QC problem. But when I checked other's QC and they photos. All are same!
i am kind of disappoint when I jump in and find out the issue and VSF still call they are best rep in the world???
I already accepted , so I hope VSF can fix that stupid problem on V2!!

Reactions: peppercorn

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I got my QC and notice the rehaut are not good with some factory, and why people call it's best rep so far if the vsf don't even make rehaut right?? The first "R" letter next by crown mark are off, as you can see the gen they are center on minute mark. I thought is my QC problem. But when I checked other's QC and they photos. All are same!
i am kind of disappoint when I jump in and find out the issue and VSF still call they are best rep in the world???

Satire, right?
I mean it's hard to tell these days in general, as well as on this forum.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20

Maybe you should have done more research instead of "jump in" only to "find out the issue" after you had paid for the watch. VSF didn't point a gun at you and demand you to transfer the money to them first lol.

Tete

4/11/16

you are partly right but it is somewhat inconspicuous, and a quick solution is to turn the dial 0.05 or even less to the right. Mine is also like that and when I do it even the DW will center perfectly with the cyclops.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Maybe you should have done more research instead of "jump in" only to "find out the issue" after you had paid for the watch. VSF didn't point a gun at you and demand you to transfer the money to them first lol.

Lol, I don't think u got my point, so just please silent.

Last edited by a moderator:

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
you are partly right but it is somewhat inconspicuous, and a quick solution is to turn the dial 0.05 or even less to the right. Mine is also like that and when I do it even the DW will center perfectly with the cyclops.

The problem is the crown mark rehaut is perfect alignment on center, actually is all rehaut are good only that letter "R" next by crown rehaut are too off.
i don't know why VSF can make such mistake like that!

aglove84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/20

Mine just arrived from Andrew @TT. Overall I’m very pleased. I thought I’d share a few observations and a few pics vs my ZZF V2.

Firstly I now get what people meant by the dull bezel. The marking are so much brighter on the VSF- it’s night and day. The teeth are also wider and flatter and look a lot more gen like. The bezel movement itself is slightly looser than the V2 but certainly doesn’t feel cheap- just different.

The rehaut looks good. One of the things that irritated me with the V2 was the misaligned serial not between the minute markers. This has rectified this.

I also think the xtal also looks good and has something approaching a black hole effect- I can’t comment on how good this is as I haven’t handled a gen in person so I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts to see if it would be worth upgrading to gen. I also noticed the V2 xtal used to attract a lot of grease and needed wiping a lot. This one seems better in that regard.

I honestly cannot tell much difference between the clasp/bracelet. FWIW the V2 weights 152g vs VSF 150g. I’m led to believe the gen is around the 155g mark.

And finally the DW. I think it is certainly bolder than the V2 but I can live with it. I think it’s definitely something (and perhaps the only) thing I would look to change with it.

Here are some pics. VSF on the left and ZZF V2 on the right.

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
Wow, what a difference on the insert!!!

This comparison is great, thanks aglove84 . I don't want to piss on the parade at all but I remember that the ZZF V2 insert was quite bright in the beginning but it fades a bit and collects a lot of dust etc and gets duller. That isn't to say that the VSF will do the same thing but just a note.

aglove84

6/6/20
This comparison is great, thanks aglove84 . I don't want to piss on the parade at all but I remember that the ZZF V2 insert was quite bright in the beginning but it fades a bit and collects a lot of dust etc and gets duller. That isn't to say that the VSF will do the same thing but just a note.

Yes I agree. And in all honesty I never had a problem with the ZZF insert. And in fairness it has sat in my sock drawer over the last month or so after purchasing the V2S Hulk. Which I love

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18

The font is definitely not good on my watch. A lot of bleeding on the edges. All the numbers are like this.

So I was informed that a gen DWO is only a swap from Rolex meaning we can't buy a new one anymore. Is this true?

qChella

11/3/18
EU

Mine just arrived from Andrew @TT. Overall I’m very pleased. I thought I’d share a few observations and a few pics vs my ZZF V2.

Firstly I now get what people meant by the dull bezel. The marking are so much brighter on the VSF- it’s night and day. The teeth are also wider and flatter and look a lot more gen like. The bezel movement itself is slightly looser than the V2 but certainly doesn’t feel cheap- just different.

The rehaut looks good. One of the things that irritated me with the V2 was the misaligned serial not between the minute markers. This has rectified this.

I also think the xtal also looks good and has something approaching a black hole effect- I can’t comment on how good this is as I haven’t handled a gen in person so I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts to see if it would be worth upgrading to gen. I also noticed the V2 xtal used to attract a lot of grease and needed wiping a lot. This one seems better in that regard.

I honestly cannot tell much difference between the clasp/bracelet. FWIW the V2 weights 152g vs VSF 150g. I’m led to believe the gen is around the 155g mark.

And finally the DW. I think it is certainly bolder than the V2 but I can live with it. I think it’s definitely something (and perhaps the only) thing I would look to change with it.

Here are some pics. VSF on the left and ZZF V2 on the right.

Which TD dis you use for VSF? And can you please take some closer photos to compare Zzf vs Vsf hands? Thanks in advance. Btw what are your thought on the hand set compared to each other?

aglove84

6/6/20

TD was Andrew @ trustytime. We’ve run out of natural
light here so these were the best I could snap of the hands. Honestly I can’t tell and awful lot of difference in the hands IRL. But I don’t really want to look too hard in case I see something I can’t unsee. VSF is date 8, ZZF 3

N3xt

Horology Curious
20/10/17
Russia
Idk, guys, the hands do not look awful to me. Might be the hours hand is a little bold, but I'm not stating it until I would receive mine. Anyways at least from most irl pics I've seen, they are not THAT bad, some pics even show a good 3d effect

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

TD was Andrew @ trustytime. We’ve run out of natural
light here so these were the best I could snap of the hands. Honestly I can’t tell and awful lot of difference in the hands IRL. But I don’t really want to look too hard in case I see something I can’t unsee. VSF is date 8, ZZF 3

It's VSF show in picture?

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Non of the traditional rep SubC flaws are severe on this one and it’s taken the community by storm!!!

Can any one comment on center dial dimple? It’s muted?