• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Yes

Fit nice and snug but as already mentioned SEL was almost flush with lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Fit nice and snug but as already mentioned SEL was almost flush with lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. When I will receive the watch I will decide.. maybe I will change only the clasp, it doesn’t look good in picture. But I have to see it in hands.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Sebi91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/20
Just received mine with S19 serial from Sead’s U.K. stock and have to say it’s very impressive now. I had an early one and wasn’t that impressed but they upped the quality since!
addf0c710111e701469a52eb81ab51a8.jpg

f01686bc9666405d76d62f7a2a944d03.jpg

Nice one ! What are, in your views, the major improvements compared to the early generation VSFs ?
Is the gen xtal adding lots of value or is it just minor improvement ?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Compared the first one I had the bracelet is way better. It feels more solid and doesn’t rattle. Also the gap between the sel and first link is smaller as per gen.
The hands match perfectly now with the markers. Also the hands are much better finished too.
The crown has the correct small gap where it screws in the case unlike my first one which screwed tight to the case.
The crystal edge profile is better now and closer to a gen example. Personally I won’t bother with a gen crystal but gen is gen and there are slight differences in the finish of the cyclops compared to the vsf but no big deal for me.
Datewheel font is a bit thinner now too and pretty much perfect. No need to change really.
I think that pretty much sums it up. Get a good well qc’ed example and you have a perfectly wearable rep that doesn’t need loads of gen parts if you are on a budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I just received the new 116610lv yesterday. I have the first variation and on the new one the rehaut is better and the date font is thinner but my bezel is super loose. It wobbles and is easy to rotate. I'm definitely not happy with that. The first variation has a super tight bezel with solid clicks.

holt

18/1/21
Appears to be a earlier version with the S19 serial number at the bottom and slightly out of line markings , strange as I placed an order around a month ago which I have now got and its is the S29 serial and is also mostly aligned.

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
Anyone having issues with slightly on the loose side bezel rotation? I was excited for my LV but now I’m not.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
probably. Kind of sucks I rather wear my ARF LV with fat lugs. Hopefully I can get it fixed

I had this (for me) "minor" problem on a ZZF V3 Sub LN.
TD said "its normal", but i could send it back for repair / change.
But thats no option for me, sending a rep out of my country. So i sold it.

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I had this (for me) "minor" problem on a ZZF V3 Sub LN.
TD said "its normal", but i could send it back for repair / change.
But thats no option for me, sending a rep out of my country. So i sold it.

I was told the same thing. I'm going to see if a state side watchmaker can fix it. If not I will probably sell also

Last edited: