• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
So I'm getting a new model because I loved my old one but the fat hour hand annoyed me. I'd rather get the new slimmer hour hand.

I believe this is the new hand, would just like if others can confirm as it is sometimes hard to tell on a blown up photo.

ZX88An.jpg

I have received 2 qc pics for mine (s29 serial), and everything ss fine except the datewheel, like yours, not centered and aligned to the left. Is this a common issue? because I do not know whether accept it or not. I think I've seen pictures with perfect andcentered date in this thread, but I am not able to get one

You need to look at the cyclops to date window framing relationship in order to assess date alignment. In Duckber 's QC photo the camera is directly over the center of the dial, which means the image isn't centered over the cyclops and date window (i.e., the cyclops and date window are right of center of the photo). As a result, the date window appears left justified within the cyclops and the date itself appears left justified within the date window.

The great KJ2020 provides a nice explanation here: DW alignment on ARF SD43 V3

The picture that up2wind posted is an excellent example at an even more extreme angle:

ZQcYjs.jpg

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Have you ever done a side by side comparison or review here? I am curious to know which you like more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hi.
yes, i’ve had VSF, RXF and zzf nodate in hands. VSF win for sure.

Conb123

Looking Around
14/2/21

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
More than likely it is to cut cost. Rather they cut out the coffin than cut corners on their watches.
The little warranty cards will probably be the next to go. Again, nice touch, but who really needs them.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
The warranty card is practically useless.
The plastic box is also of little use.
The important thing is that my watch is protected during shipping.

Reactions: Rehaut19