• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19

This was once posted but now it is neglected. Have seen member shaving their nail with it.

Dtgigi

Horology Curious
24/1/21
It’s so out of hand that there are accounts (fakewatchbusta, and Rolex_enforcer) that just call people out for doing it. Some people just are missing a few screws...

Wow you are bringing back memories. Fakewatchbusta busted a lot of big name people! Haven’t followed that account for a while, definitely entertaining.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Seems like the vsf ln with new black serial numbers have started to appear.
ZBLvL8.jpg

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
One quick question for everyone.

Say... If I buy a VSF Hulk and do a swap to make it a LN (and I would put the VSF Hulk bezel insert and dial into VSF LN)

​​​​Would these two swapped watches still be accurate in terms of specs and serial numbers? I know both LV and LN are made of stainless steel and I think the only differences between the two models are dial color and bezel inserts. I am not sure if Rolex used specific serial numbers for the Hulk vs LN.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
One quick question for everyone.

Say... If I buy a VSF Hulk and do a swap to make it a LN (and I would put the VSF Hulk bezel insert and dial into VSF LN)

​​​​Would these two swapped watches still be accurate in terms of specs and serial numbers? I know both LV and LN are made of stainless steel and I think the only differences between the two models are dial color and bezel inserts. I am not sure if Rolex used specific serial numbers for the Hulk vs LN.

Serial numbers are random so its doesn't matter and yes it would fit. Rehaut its nowadays pretty much the same on the ln and lv

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Jayalvin777 thank you. Super helpful.

I ended up buying a gen omega a few days ago.... so this will be awhile but I plan on either getting the VSF 126610LV (and just enjoy it) or buy the VSF Hulk and do the bezel and dial swap with my VSF LN.... we will see

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Jayalvin777 thank you. Super helpful.

I ended up buying a gen omega a few days ago.... so this will be awhile but I plan on either getting the VSF 126610LV (and just enjoy it) or buy the VSF Hulk and do the bezel and dial swap with my VSF LN.... we will see

In my honest opinion not worth to go in to much trouble to get a letter 0.001mm closer lol get the 126xxx instead, you will have the best of both worlds.

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
In my honest opinion not worth to go in to much trouble to get a letter 0.001mm closer lol get the 126xxx instead, you will have the best of both worlds.

haha yeah... I know. I just feel that my LN just needs a tiny upgrade to make it so so so so close to gen. But 126xxx is very very very tempting too. I just gotta save up now.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
My watch was in the last batch from VSF that Li received. S1 serial and naughty rehaut. Still a crap shoot.
Oh well. I will love her still.

ZtQFeY.jpg

can you explain what significance the s serial numbers have?

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I never said that there was any significance in the S serial numbers. I said that mine had an S1 serial number and the crooked rehaut.

So to explain the significance of the S1:

I might be wrong but, logically, the S1XXXXXXs were made before the S2XXXXXXs.
Theoretically, any chances of getting one with improvements would have been made in the latter serial numbers.
However, no matter the serial, it is still a toss up.

Last edited:

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
I never said that there was any significance in the S serial numbers. I said that mine had an S1 serial number and the crooked rehaut.

Theoretically, any chances of getting one with improvements would have been made in the latter serial numbers.

i get you i thought in terms of the gen it was something important

i got the s2 for my bro and it seems quite good

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18

This is S19xxxxxxxxxx

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Sweet. That looks great.
It’s always a toss up. There are definitely some better S1s. I think that the LV models started showing the improved rehaut before the LN.
Looking forward for when they get it consistent and get another.

Looking forward in seeing mine in real life. I’m just waiting for the tracking info for 4PX to show some glimmer of life. It’s been a week since I received the tracking number and nothing shows up :/

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Sweet. That looks great.
It’s always a toss up. There are definitely some better S1s. I think that the LV models started showing the improved rehaut before the LN.
Looking forward for when they get it consistent and get another.

Looking forward in seeing mine in real life. I’m just waiting for the tracking info for 4PX to show some glimmer of life. It’s been a week since I received the tracking number and nothing shows up :/

Don't worry (yet). 4px has the worst real time tracking. Information will randomly pop up one day and you will retroactively see where the package had been all at once. My experience with 4px also has been frustrating in terms of the lack of real time information (and the delivery is a bit on the slower side) but I always got my goods.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Don't worry (yet). 4px has the worst real time tracking. Information will randomly pop up one day and you will retroactively see where the package had been all at once. My experience with 4px also has been frustrating in terms of the lack of real time information (and the delivery is a bit on the slower side) but I always got my goods.

Yes, it seems that it is not always the most efficient but might be the safest.
I used to always use DHL, but I have heard that they are not that safe anymore.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants

Agreed. I JUST got a notification on 4PX that my package has arrived at its next delivery hop about 20 miles from my house at 10:35PM tonight. It's 9:49PM. I will be emailing 4PX for the lottery numbers tomorrow.