• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Here's my approved pics of the rehaut engraving and of the clasp. I am happy: the quality of the engraving is not the best out there, but it's aligned and without magnification it looks very good. Clasp seems OK too, although I am not sure if this old or new bracelet batch, nor what the differences are between the two versions.
Z8P5g4.jpg
Z8PWoI.jpg
Z8PaPc.jpg

yes i think it is old one as the bracelet not that sharp

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
i'm sorry to hear that :(
sounds like there was something stuck in the keyless works, but if it works now as it should in all 3 crown positions it's okay, but could also be something with the balance, just observe it some days, if it occurs again, best case would be to service it.
As for the datechange, it should be instantaneous, if that does stay like that and it bothers you, it can only be solved by a service, the datechange on 3135 movements is a bit tricky

Yeap, it does bother me :’(
COVID is getting more serious in my country recently, can’t go out and find a Watchsmith now

Sent from the RWI App

JohnLukeNY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
17/12/20
US
What year gen model is the VSF replica based upon? Is it 2018? 2011? Impossible to tell?

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
I think it’s safe to say VSF has corrected the rehaut problem and the fat hour hand. Every QC I’ve seen in 2021 has had skinny hour hands and aligned rehauts.

Last edited:
Reactions: recan1ze

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
What year gen model is the VSF replica based upon? Is it 2018? 2011? Impossible to tell?

I read somewhere that VSF had 2014 gen 116610ln when they made their initial replica batch. I looked up 2014 gen pics online and even gens (among 2014 model) had some variations in DW thickness. Hour hand thickness seems to be all over the place as well. One thing for sure is the rehaut hasn't changed much among gen. Some are misaligned but none of the gen pics I have seen had the wrong "R"

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Esaelias JohnLukeNY

Hey guys take a look at Pic of my bracelet (this is from the new batch). I think JohnLukeNY's is from the new batch. It matches how mine looks. Look closer in the area underneath the flap.

I am not 100% though.
​​​​​​​

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I read somewhere that VSF had 2014 gen 116610ln when they made their initial replica batch. I looked up 2014 gen pics online and even gens (among 2014 model) had some variations in DW thickness. Hour hand thickness seems to be all over the place as well. One thing for sure is the rehaut hasn't changed much among gen. Some are misaligned but none of the gen pics I have seen had the wrong "R"
I've seen you mention this before. I've looked around and I actually haven't seen anyone else mention it other than you. I don't think.

What are you referring to when you mention this "r mistake" or "wrong R"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I've seen you mention this before. I've looked around and I actually haven't seen anyone else mention it other than you. I don't think.

What are you referring to when you mention this "r mistake" or "wrong R"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here is a picture of my 116610 with the wrong R.

Even if my rehaut were perfectly aligned (mine is slightly off to the right), the R wouldn't line up perfectly due to the shape and also the placement next to the coronet (gap is a bit too wide).

Looks like this was address in New batches.

Reactions: Hazing

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

I kinda found where I read the 2014 reference lol. It's actually in this same thread but in earlier pages.

Here is a screenshot (and I am sure there are more references to 2014 if you go back further)

However the problem still with thicker DW is that the dial VSF is using is based on 2018/2019 updated model. So I guess using a 2014 DW (thicker) on VSF's dial would be incorrect.

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Yeap, it does bother me :’(
COVID is getting more serious in my country recently, can’t go out and find a Watchsmith now

Sent from the RWI App

Covid's f****** everything at the moment :(
Maybe you can find a watchmaker or modder in the section here on rwi.
At least it's not dead and i hope you can enjoy that really nice watch nevertheless!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
What is difference between the new and old bracelets?

Check out post by Jayalvin777 on page 256 or 257 of this thread. He summarized his findings by providing side by side pics between old and new.

In summary,

1. New bracelet has better engraving
2. Screw on top of the end link (above the clasp) is gone. Old old has a screw. New one doesn't
3. Finishing underneath the clasp is more refined.

I am probably forgetting a couple more differences.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I must have 2 new ones then, I got my LV/LV in November and December for reference and both have good DW and hour hand but both have wide-R syndrome.

MilleMiglia513

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
11/12/20
Check out post by Jayalvin777 on page 256 or 257 of this thread. He summarized his findings by providing side by side pics between old and new.

In summary,

1. New bracelet has better engraving
2. Screw on top of the end link (above the clasp) is gone. Old old has a screw. New one doesn't
3. Finishing underneath the clasp is more refined.

I am probably forgetting a couple more differences.
We must have different settings because this thread only has 176 pages for me. I am trying to find the bracelet comparison pics you mentioned.
Other than the 3 points you listed, is there any physical difference in the bracelets? Finish, brushing, etc?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
We must have different settings because this thread only has 176 pages for me. I am trying to find the bracelet comparison pics you mentioned.
Other than the 3 points you listed, is there any physical difference in the bracelets? Finish, brushing, etc?

I don't have an old one to compare to in person so I would still defer these questions to Jayalvin777. The post number is 2564. If you go back a few pages, you will see it.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I don't have an old one to compare to in person so I would still defer these questions to Jayalvin777. The post number is 2564. If you go back a few pages, you will see it.

Its late in this side of the world so i can examine more in depth again tomorrow. Here is another different, the glidelock on the new bracelet is different to the old batch.

Reactions: Rel and sukwonee