• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 QC pictures: please give me opinion on sub-dial, SEL fitment and bezel alignment

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
Hello RWI,

I ordered the Noob V3 116500 Daytona from a TD a couple of days ago and I received today the QC pictures.

I was looking at other QC pictures from Noob V3 but this, in my opinion, does not seem to have the thin sub-dials, which I find good. My concerns are: the sub-dial printing seems to be bad on my opinion, specially on the sub-dial at 9, the number "12" seems to be printed too low; the bezel looks misaligned at 12, which is a huge bummer; the solid end-links seem to have a noticeable gap; the lume doesn't seem to be strong enough, but it might be the picture.

Thank you for any insight guys and appreciate all the help you guys give.

Edit: I was trying to upload the pictures, but the pictures did not show up, so i uploaded to imgur and posted the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
- Sub-dials are the correct thickness.
- The Sub-dial print quality looks typical for a Noob.
- The Bezel is misaligned.
- The SELs look pretty good / average for a Noob.
- The lume is typically not too strong. At least it's all the same color.

Reactions: KJ2020 and edd312

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
This might very well be the v4 dial. Sub-dial printing is way too low to the inside. However the printing near 12 is improved. Your coronet is also one of the better ones I have seen in Noob. Bezel can always be realigned. I would take it since this is the best you will get with Noob now (just decide what flaws you can live with or replace with ARF dial)

Reactions: KJ2020 and edd312

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I'm new to the Daytona scene. Just curious how the clone rolex movement and the valjoux clones hold up in terms of reliability?

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14

Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps a lot. Would you accept the QC pictures? The bezel alignment is a big issue for me.

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
This might very well be the v4 dial. Sub-dial printing is way too low to the inside. However the printing near 12 is improved. Your coronet is also one of the better ones I have seen in Noob. Bezel can always be realigned. I would take it since this is the best you will get with Noob now (just decide what flaws you can live with or replace with ARF dial)

I thought so, I read yesterday the thread about the v4. Yeah I also think the sub-dial printing is way to low. How can the bezel be re-aligned? It is a big issue for me.

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I also got V3 QC few days ago.
Not sure if it V4 but I wish it comes with new bezel paint since the engrave looks promising. Just dont want it fade in short period.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I thought so, I read yesterday the thread about the v4. Yeah I also think the sub-dial printing is way to low. How can the bezel be re-aligned? It is a big issue for me.

Pull it out and put it back again. Send to your Modder, ceramic ones are delicate

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU

What editing program are you using for the lines :) ?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thank you very much for your feedback, it helps a lot. Would you accept the QC pictures? The bezel alignment is a big issue for me.

Send this photo back to your TD to show him the misalignment. Some have watch makers that can fix it before it's sent.

What editing program are you using for the lines :) ?

Photoshop

Reactions: KJ2020

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

The numbers on the subdials are printed at the correct hight, one of the things that noob got right on this dial and the 2.2.

the Daytona text is a bit to high.

the 5 lines of text is just... well imo very bad. ARF is a lot better here.

bezel is really easy to realign, you do need a cheap eBay press and a razor blade.

here is a gen dial for comparison

Reactions: edd312

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
The numbers on the subdials are printed at the correct hight, one of the things that noob got right on this dial and the 2.2.

the Daytona text is a bit to high.

the 5 lines of text is just... well imo very bad. ARF is a lot better here.

bezel is really easy to realign, you do need a cheap eBay press and a razor blade.

here is a gen dial for comparison

Wow the text is pretty bad, I didn't notice that, thanks for all the feedback.

Reactions: 2841