• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Raelman007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/20
Hi guys

I've spent quite some time reading about various Sub replicas and while I understand that there are pros and cons to each factory, in case of zzf I'm wondering, it would seem that the difference between the VR3130 V3 and the A2836 V3 versions is the movement which in case of the former to some extent emulates the original Rolex movement and this is reflected on the price as well. A few days ago it was mentioned here that the movement in the A2836 is louder but my main question is that as far as one can tell less than half a year upon its release, to what extent is the VR3130 V3 reliable? I know reliability is hit and miss with reps yet I'm somewhat leaning towards the A2836 for the movement is a workhorse while not sure about the VR3130 which uses an overly modified movement emulating the real thing...
I have the ZZF V2s with V3 upgrade. It's the VR3130 movement.
The watch is 6months old and is keeping -3.2 seconds a day.
The rotor is very quiet.
The only bad points are when you unscrew the crown it's like there is sand in it and when you manually wind the watch which also doesn't feel great.

Apart from that it seems reliable so far.

Sent from my RMX2075 using Tapatalk

Reactions: McAnt

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Mates I'm considering these 2 models for my first rep to buy. Which one is the right choice or you can recommend something else?

ROLSUB0311
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=21900
vs
ROLSUB0328A
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=22140

Thanks in advance

ROLSUB0311.. lots of us have this one and we are all happy with it, it is very gen like in feel and appearance and is arguably the best replica watch ever made.. ever. There are many threads on the subject if you look.

McAnt

Horology Curious
28/2/20
The rotor is very quiet.
The only bad points are when you unscrew the crown it's like there is sand in it and when you manually wind the watch which also doesn't feel great.

Thanks! I presume all reps with the VR3130 movement have similar issues? While I'm aiming for the no-date version (especially as seemingly no factory have yet nailed the cyclops and date-printing) but the 116610LN 904L did cross my mind as an alternative (but this would be off-topic here).

mobiles

Horology Curious
17/1/21
How do you order from Trustytime to EU - directly or with transfer in UK? Which way is better after Brexit? What price is being declared by Trustytime to Customs?

Thanks

wildhunter84

30/9/20
The rotor is very quiet.

I had the same issue as you while unscrewing and manually winding my zzf v3 VR 3130. I don't know when is it fully wound other than the resistance becoming stronger.

Somehow my clean VR3130 feels like a totally different movement, it's extremely smooth and I can feel the clutch kicked it when it's fully wound.

Reactions: Raelman007

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I had the same issue as you while unscrewing and manually winding my zzf v3 VR 3130. I don't know when is it fully wound other than the resistance becoming stronger.

Somehow my clean VR3130 feels like a totally different movement, it's extremely smooth and I can feel the clutch kicked it when it's fully wound.

My V2S no-date is same rough like its full of sand resistance is always there even if PS is empty.

But this is probably a thing with QC as always with reps.

Should receive the clean no-date in short future as well.

And waiting QC for the clean 116610LN right now.

Reactions: Raelman007

jacquy

26/9/18
How do you order from Trustytime to EU - directly or with transfer in UK? Which way is better after Brexit? What price is being declared by Trustytime to Customs?

Thanks

First, what are you doing on this thread, and secondly, couldn't you ask your stupid questions to the involved people?
:clap_1:

Last edited:

McAnt

Horology Curious
28/2/20
My V2S no-date is same rough like its full of sand resistance is always there even if PS is empty.

But this is probably a thing with QC as always with reps.

Should receive the clean no-date in short future as well.

And waiting QC for the clean 116610LN right now.

ON that note, perhaps its a mightily silly question but what is difference between

https://jtime.cc/us/submariner-1140...l-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-vr3130.html

and

https://jtime.cc/us/submariner-1140...-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-vr3130-v3.html

Its my -perhaps painfully wrong- understanding that zzf and clean factory are the same, but the former came out around July while the latter a couple of months later. While researching I haven't found any comments on the clean editions 3130 movement being unpleasant to manually wind, though in theory its the very same 3130 which is in the zzf v3.

Again sorry if this is a hyper obvious question

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Clean is now ZZF so Clean subs are further updated from ZZF V3.

The movements are the same.

Ive only had one 3130 so it could be just luck as always with reps. Once I get the Clean lets see how that is but its same VR movement. Others have said their 3130’s are smooth.

McAnt

Horology Curious
28/2/20
Clean is now ZZF so Clean subs are further updated from ZZF V3.

The movements are the same.

Ive only had one 3130 so it could be just luck as always with reps. Once I get the Clean lets see how that is but its same VR movement. Others have said their 3130’s are smooth.

This was my guess as well (if you mean zzf is now clean), however, the fact that the Clean Sub VR3130 is $40 less than the zzf v3 just adds a further confusing layer to the question..

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
This was my guess as well (if you mean zzf is now clean), however, the fact that the Clean Sub VR3130 is $40 less than the zzf v3 just adds a further confusing layer to the question..

Yep it does indeed if you do not know these things.

They probably had to keep the new prices lower due to lower priced VSF taking the market.

If you want no date get the Clean no questions there.

Reactions: McAnt

Raelman007

24/5/20

They probably had to keep the new prices lower due to lower priced VSF taking the market.

Has your CF no date arrived yet ? Do you have the QC pics yet ?

Thanks

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Has your CF no date arrived yet ? Do you have the QC pics yet ?

Thanks

Not arrived yet.

Check the clean thread QC’s there also others pics including one member who received theirs.

One separate thread as well with someones no date QC.

Last edited:

McAnt

Horology Curious
28/2/20

Ah I see makes....sense after some explanation :D I was about to get the v3 version but will then order the Clean one. Thanks again!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

I am a bit concerned with the bezel insert, do you think it’s bright enough? And can you tell which batch is mine? I’ve read about something regarding April and later released and wonder if date version and no date versions has the same insert

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.

I am a bit concerned with the bezel insert, do you think it’s bright enough? And can you tell which batch is mine? I’ve read about something regarding April and later released and wonder if date version and no date versions has the same insert

Insert looks good in the pics but it’s not a V3 watch as it would be written on the sticker you show. Probably a V2s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Insert looks good in the pics but it’s not a V3 watch as it would be written on the sticker you show. Probably a V2s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably the Junior Edition so a V3 except the new bracelet.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Probably the Junior Edition so a V3 except the new bracelet.

sorry if I’m asking too many questions but what is a junior edition? So the case is V3 and bracelet is V2S? What are the differences between V2S and V3?