• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
vamonster I understand the question. I have had reps that lasted for years (without service) and Reps, dead out of the box. After a service or perhaps a new movement, they can run for yaers.
beware of swimming, have sporting. When you take a little care you are OK.

learn from the forum, this question has been asked several times. Welcome and enjoy the hobby. Cheers. :)

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
^ is this the original sun index pre quartz serial edition with no lume ?

It’s solar powered. Not Swiss or Chinese. Think it’s Greek or Roman. V II or V III

E350E1DA-4400-4EF7-9693-217CD7F10B755a1f43f645ea3b64.md.png

Last edited:
Reactions: stanevo6

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
With occasional servicing, I'd say 70 years.

If you mean the 2836 version, yep. The VR3135 I really can't tell (but I highly doubt it unless you get genuine 3135 parts 60 years from now, at whatever price are they by then).

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think 70 years is a not unrealistic timeframe. Think about 70 year old watches. A 1950s Rolex for example, with its hand done lume, its thin, stretchy bracelet etc. I'd argue the tolerances involved in making lots of the parts today, with the latest, greatest, computer controlled CNC machines are smaller than Rolex's manufacturing tolerances in the 1950s. So with servicing, the replacing of failed parts as and when they fail, just like a 50s Rolex, modern reps could easily be alive and kicking in 2090. They're just a lump of steel at the end of the day.

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
I have an old mechanical watch that I found on the street almost 60 years ago ... and it was old when I found it ... at that time it was easy to buy a watch for $ 1. Never been serviced. I still have it. And it still works well all these decades later.
Ask about the lifespan of the watch and I think about this old thing found on the street.

And my 93-year-old mother has an old unnamed quartz watch ... I think it should be at least 50 years old. Probably the new one costs $ 10. Maybe $ 20 maximum. What she wears every day. It's a gold tone finish ... beaten to hell and back ... banged, scratched, gouged ... I looked at it when I changed the battery for it ... gold finish still looks remarkably good.
People are always asking about the life of the gold finish on replica watches and I think about my mother's watch.

NightShot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
that's it I just validated mine. She's on her way. in a hurry to receive it. some photos for which that could help to decide. Thanks to Li and Lana from jtime.

Reactions: Pizzo

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
56be2a99b6ea517afcdc0d97130c70a0.jpg

Check out this v11 by noob. Just sharing ...
I find it incredulous gen like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Noob V11 still uses outlined rehaut text which should now be solid. Big tell! Noob always seem to leave or put something wrong on their new versions just to give something to improve on the next version. I'm sure most factories do this but Noob are the worst. Just check out the dial type on their V4 Daytona Panda. Looks like it was printed with a potato. ????

Reactions: jasonbaylee

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
that's it I just validated mine. She's on her way. in a hurry to receive it. some photos for which that could help to decide. Thanks to Li and Lana from jtime.

Rehaut lettering seems to have fallen out of alignment south of 6 and 9 - on a lot of these. I think they tried fixing the serial and messed up the rest.

NightShot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/20
Rehaut lettering seems to have fallen out of alignment south of 6 and 9 - on a lot of these. I think they tried fixing the serial and messed up the rest.
indeed it appears to be the disease on this version. After that nothing can be perfect at this price. this surely corrected on V4.

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
Hi Guys,

today, I received my ZZF V3 Hulk and the ZZF V3 No Date. ( Im in Germany )
first of all , I have to highlight the outstanding service and support from Li and Lana.
Thank you again for that Service and trustful action !!!

I have the Hulk Gen and really , I see close to no "flaws" which I would see in a distance of 50cm.
The dial is slightly slightly slightly slightly light coloured as the gen ( but really , super super slightly )
Im going to do some pictures to compare both in the netx days.

Again - all nice and smooth with the TD Li / Jtime and Im looking again for a new "deal"

Regards

Zoidberg