• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This is a gen picture where the CGs are visible quite well. They're different although "instant giveaway, screams fake" is a little too much drama for the actual differences...

ZhPogp.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Great pic, you caught that well.

Yes, maybe I was a little harsh. I think we all have our thing that we notice first though, me I look at CG's.. another chap here looks at reflections.. the next man looks at hands (which I never notice)

Last edited:

Highlandspring2

Looking Around
3/10/20
Hi guys, i am new here so hope you can give me some advice I just purchased a Submariner VSF VS 3135. I have been sent the QC pictures and the timegrapher shows +8s/d. Is that within acceptable tolerance levels.
If the question is stupid forgive me.......!

Hormoaning

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/5/18
Great pic, you caught that well.

Yes, maybe I was a little harsh. I think we all have our thing that we notice first though, me I look at CG's.. another chap here looks at reflections.. the next man looks at hands (which I never notice)

I want to buy 116610ln, but dont know what is better. Take zzf v3 with + gen-like dial, bezel insert, perfect hands and hour markers, bracelet. With - cg, wrong rehaut number, pearl.
Or take new Vsf. Not good dial, hands, hour markers, dont know about bracelet.
What You can say?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Hi guys, i am new here so hope you can give me some advice I just purchased a Submariner VSF VS 3135. I have been sent the QC pictures and the timegrapher shows +8s/d. Is that within acceptable tolerance levels.
If the question is stupid forgive me.......!

That's perfectly fine. Just for reference: an ETA 2824-2 Elaboré grade has a spec of +/-20s/day max.

Reactions: Highlandspring2

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I want to buy 116610ln, but dont know what is better. Take zzf v3 with + gen-like dial, bezel insert, perfect hands and hour markers, bracelet. With - cg, wrong rehaut number, pearl.
What You can say?

That's the replica game, always a compromise. The makers improve old flaws but new flaws that didn't exist in the previous model will appear, this has been going on for 20years. It keeps us all buying more.

You choose the one with the flaws you can live with, or if you are brave buy both and make yourself a watch out of the best parts. For many folks here the watch is just a base for making a frankenwatch. Myself, I have a ZZF V2S, I bought an ARF bracelet and I'll buy a VSF.. then I'll make a watch using all the best bits and sell the rest.

Hormoaning

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/5/18
That's the replica game, always a compromise. The makers improve old flaws but new flaws that didn't exist in the previous model will appear, this has been going on for 20years. It keeps us all buying more.

You choose the one with the flaws you can live with, or if you are brave buy both and make yourself a watch out of the best parts. For many folks here the watch is just a base for making a frankenwatch. Myself, I have a ZZF V2S, I bought an ARF bracelet and I'll buy a VSF.. then I'll make a watch using all the best bits and sell the rest.

What do You advise to buy? I want replace to gen crystal.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
What You can say?

I am not a rep expert, but I am a watch enthusiast and after lurking this forum and seeing all the extreme close-up pics and diagrams and everything else, you can really lose sight of what a watch looks like in real life. At arm's length I think either of these watches would pass as legit. Besides that they both seem to be well-constructed and high quality. I don't think you can go wrong either way. This is just my opinion and probably an unpopular one.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What do You advise to buy? I want replace to gen crystal.

I think you'll be happy with any of the heavy hitters (Noob ZF ZZF RXF VSF), avoid a2836 movement if you want nice crown guards but then you may compromise on reliability with a clone 3135. Swings and roundabouts buddy. If I was buying a LN I'd probably have a look at the new VSF with a VS3135, these look very good out the box and the new VS movement folks are saying is butter smooth.
I'm waiting on a VSF Hulk for my next purchase, it should be released in a few weeks according to my TD.

Reactions: YellowFin

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I am not a rep expert, but I am a watch enthusiast and after lurking this forum and seeing all the extreme close-up pics and diagrams and everything else, you can really lose sight of what a watch looks like in real life. At arm's length I think either of these watches would pass as legit. Besides that they both seem to be well-constructed and high quality. I don't think you can go wrong either way. This is just my opinion and probably an unpopular one.

You’re right. I’d agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think you'll be happy with any of the heavy hitters (Noob ZF ZZF RXF VSF), avoid a2836 movement if you want nice crown guards but then you may compromise on reliability with a clone 3135. Swings and roundabouts buddy. If I was buying a LN I'd probably have a look at the new VSF with a VS3135, these look very good out the box and the new VS movement folks are saying is butter smooth.
I'm waiting on a VSF Hulk for my next purchase, it should be released in a few weeks according to my TD.

Why avoid 2836 if you want nice crown guards? Do you mean crown position?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Why avoid 2836 if you want nice crown guards? Do you mean crown position?

I believe he means crown height. Seems like can be done correctly with a 2824, but then you loose the instant date change.

Reactions: stufuse

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The crown guards have a different cut on a 2836 because the crown height is lower, the CG's are more closed. They are more open and genuine like with a 3135 because the crown height is higher. Have a look at a 2836 and then the exact same watch from the same factory with a 3135..

ZZF V2S 2836:
ZhdT5F.png

ZZF V2S 3135:

ZhdXBt.png

Last edited: