• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
Independent test

Z37EW8.jpg

Sorry but I do not understand what I see in this table?

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Angus from PT tested the whole watch including bracelet, clasp and case. According to him the whole watch was 316.

Angus tested the V2s, not V3

Jtime tested the V3 today, as it was just received today. So not sure how Angus would be able to test the V3 1 week ago.

Also Angus couldn't confirm which version of ZZF he tested.

Im not taking sides. But lets just throw the facts out, so people can make a decision of their own.

arpa90

2/11/18
Jtime tested the V3 today, as it was just received today.
Li only showed photos where he tested bracelet and clasp. Since he didn't show any photos where he tested the case I'm assuming that its still 316. I should have made that more clear in my previous post.

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Li only showed photos where he tested bracelet and clasp. Since he didn't show any photos where he tested the case I'm assuming that its still 316. I should have made that more clear in my previous post.

You make a good point. Why would someone not show the results of the case if testing the watch? However, we could just ask him. Then we would be beyond guessing and know for sure ;)

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Angus tested the V2s, not V3

Jtime tested the V3 today, as it was just received today. So not sure how Angus would be able to test the V3 1 week ago.

Also Angus couldn't confirm which version of ZZF he tested.

Im not taking sides. But lets just throw the facts out, so people can make a decision of their own.

Newsflash testing a bracelet you've never sold doesnt change the fact they were selling 316 watches as 904. What the new bracelet is made of is probably only because they were caught. Stop being a shill. It is what it is accept it and move on.

Reactions: muiramas

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
Even if it turns out that the v3 case no date is 316 I go for it .. it is the best and closest to the original there is today ..

Everything else has flaws .. is the v3 no date the most accurate

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Newsflash testing a bracelet you've never sold doesnt change the fact they were selling 316 watches as 904. What the new bracelet is made of is probably only because they were caught. Stop being a shill. It is what it is accept it and move on.

^ this.

Todays test is a reaction. If Li had that kit available why didn’t he use it before? Seems like a lot of folks who cried foul when Puretime broke the news are all too happy to accept an identical test by Jtime.

mariot

22/2/19
I think this discussion is boring... i have the new arf 114060 & zzf v2 and i can not see any difference in steel

Reactions: Sdc83

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
I think this discussion is boring... i have the new arf 114060 & zzf v2 and i can not see any difference in steel

agree with you.

here is my zzf v2 case with arf v2 bezel and bezel insert, zzf sel and arf screw links, arf clasp.. steel looks identical.

ZH2joc.jpg
ZHhVK1.jpg
ZHhc9j.jpg
ZHhgM4.jpg
ZH2ZDI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mariot

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
This thread is really getting rich. The vitriol to ZZF is palpable.

Y’all are gonna have to find another way to take down the king of subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arik dahan

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
I have a ZZF V3 a2836 LV from PT I got last week. Compared to my genuine 116610LN, I can confirm the colour of the steel is absolutely identical. 100%.

is it already the version with the same bracelet as Arf? is the thickness of the versions with a2836 identical to that of the models with vr3135?

J3DD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/20
MB, Canada
This thread is really getting rich. The vitriol to ZZF is palpable.

Y’all are gonna have to find another way to take down the king of subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZZF is getting flak because they are advertising and selling a 316L steel metal composition as 904L, for a premium (I think they're the most expensive sub atm?). Majority of the folks here stand by ZZF as the best/'king of subs', but that's besides the fact that it's bad business practice to lie/neglect your consumer. One possible reason could be that they didn't know and was just told by their supplier that it's 904 and trusted them, but who knows right? We're talking about counterfeit product with no governing body so I guess it is what it is. It just sucks that ZZF did not do their due diligence and checked the metal composition of the product that they're selling.

I guess my point is that the reaction is not really palpable. Justified more like it, but hey what do I know lol.

Last edited:

seattleguy425

Horology Curious
3/7/20
I received my QC photos today for the V3. I'll be honest, I don't really care about the issue with steel that has got everyone so riled up right now. I understand I am overpaying and accept it.

QC looks great to me, I'm admittedly am amateur but I can't see anything to RL. Cyclops looks good too.