• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Straightravage

Known Member
4/2/16
I know the noob V11 hasn’t been reviewed in detail, but is the ZZF V3 green more accurate than the V11? I’m not trying to be spoon feed the answer, but I’ve searched and can’t find much info on the dail comparison.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Guys, MikeMeezy77 is legit. He previously scanned his own ARF SD43 link and reported results in this thread.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...l-study/page17

I have communicated with Mike regularly since his previous ARF scan which he did for his own interest. He is one of us and has no agenda in this matter besides sharing his findings.

Z37EW8.jpg

The key indicators to differentiate 904L are Nickel Ni, Molybdenum MO and Copper Cu

You can see the ARF sample fits close to the limits and the ZZF sample does not.

Last edited:

Wanpi

Looking Around
18/5/13
so, all the case/case back of zz are 316? what a shit factory....

Subdued

20/11/19
Good to have an independent confirmation. Thanks MikeMeezy77 .

I dont care too much about 316 vs 904. But its pretty shitty to just flat out lie about this. Guess ill be ordering the vsf hulk.

Enjoy your VSF Hulk with VSF trademark 'rough hands finish'. :)

Subdued

20/11/19
so, all the case/case back of zz are 316? what a shit factory....

If ZZF never happened, ARF would still be milking you with their legendary date wheel. ARF is the best sub maker after all. :)

Reactions: Reto

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Are you putting your words in other peoples mouths again or did he actually say that?

He said in his opinion it was the best rep out of 2020. He is still waiting for arf v4 but he thinks it’s still going to be the best one

arpa90

2/11/18
He said in his opinion it was the best rep out of 2020. He is still waiting for arf v4 but he thinks it’s still going to be the best one
Come on. Angus didnt even know the zzf v3 existed until i pointed this out to him. And disregarding the whole 316l fiasco. Its still a great watch. And no worse than zf.

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
I own the ZZF - and am happy with it (if I forget that it arrived DOA!). But jeez, this really hurts them and their reputation. How do they (and the TDs that falsely advertised the watches) make it better? Testing/Proof of materials used before release?

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Really disappointing of ZZF! They should quickly reconsider their pricing or come up with an official statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
You really need to drop this now. Please.

Forum members review the different options and a combination of views define which is the best.

A TD has never told us what the best is.

Look, I am also entitled to my opinion an I am sharing it. My opinion is based off of pictures that Angus posted and his commentary of him holding the watch himself. The man has handled hundreds if not thousands of rolex reps and he has said ZF is the best rep.

When someone is unsure of which rep to get I will help them out and EXPRESS my opinion. It is a forum where people are allowed to share what they think. And what I thiught is that ZF is the best rep of 2020. but now that we know for a fact that ZZF is a fraud because they have been lying to us for the past couple years and taking our hard earned money, we now know we have a winner by default which is ZF

I am just curious. What is it about ZF that is a hard no for you? It cant be the sel gap because that is not noticable in real life and it is not a real flaw. SO what do you keep disagreeing?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I am just curious. What is it about ZF that is a hard no for you? It cant be the sel gap because that is not noticable in real life and it is not a real flaw. SO what do you keep disagreeing?

Nothing. And I have neither agreed, or disagreed.

I'm just not foolish enough to proclaim it as the best rep of 2020, or annoying enough to do it dozens of times a day.

nsiedzac

9/9/20
UK
Im sure it was said already, at the end of it all, the main problem is misselling. This was clear bait and switch. In any other situation, there would be some kind of restitution to people that were missold.
Will there be anything of that sort to people that bought zzf thinking that they are buying 904 and getting something else instead? no.
will ZZF be able to get their reputation back? Probably, but only if they issue a public appology and admit wrongdoing without blame on someone else. Probably not going to happen.
I lived in hong kong for about 4 years and I can tell you that native chinese do not plan for the future. given a choice of money now vs money in 5 years they will take money now and will try figure out how to make money in 5 years. they dont plan for longevity. could that be the reason why zzf actually did this - they were not planning to be here in 5 years?

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I know the noob V11 hasn’t been reviewed in detail, but is the ZZF V3 green more accurate than the V11? I’m not trying to be spoon feed the answer, but I’ve searched and can’t find much info on the dail comparison.

Got eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Im sure it was said already, at the end of it all, the main problem is misselling. This was clear bait and switch. In any other situation, there would be some kind of restitution to people that were missold.
Will there be anything of that sort to people that bought zzf thinking that they are buying 904 and getting something else instead? no.
will ZZF be able to get their reputation back? Probably, but only if they issue a public appology and admit wrongdoing without blame on someone else. Probably not going to happen.
I lived in hong kong for about 4 years and I can tell you that native chinese do not plan for the future. given a choice of money now vs money in 5 years they will take money now and will try figure out how to make money in 5 years. they dont plan for longevity. could that be the reason why zzf actually did this - they were not planning to be here in 5 years?

I don't think it's a question about reputation. You answered this yourself, it's unlikely these factories have a long term business plan being the nature of the industry, it's profits now.

Also it REALLY does not seem reputation matters much to the rep community either, we generally just care who makes the best rep and price. There is no brand loyalty. We scrutinise every release with side by side pics etc, come to a consensus and go for that regardless of who made the best in the past or has best reputation.

Will people continue to buy ZZF after this fiasco if there's no better model on the market? Yes