• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The No date keeps calling my attention with all these new models coming out ... exited to see what the next month or ao
looks like lol

It’s better choice , No DW no crystal changing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
The No date has a cleaner dial imho but of course each to its own.
For me, I don’t need to adjust the date. Just adjust the time and Go

jasonwo

Horology Curious
19/1/17

Dann. Please help a newbe out. Not sure which one to purchase now.

- I have no plans to mod nor the skills, I am worry about reliability of the the newer VR3130 movement compare to A2836.
- I just want 3-4 years of reliability. Spent the last hour reading everything I could find on VR3130. Besides being a newer movement, i.e. no long term reviews, I didn't find any complaints..

Appreciate any insights... Thanks.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The No date has a cleaner dial imho but of course each to its own.
For me, I don’t need to adjust the date. Just adjust the time and Go

Indeed this is my lately received V2S which seems to have most of the V3 updates as far as I can tell - rehaut, hands, clasp, CF V3 bezel/insert, dial, and possibly crystal as well (not sure is it the dial or crystal but it looks clearer and more deeper black).

Winding the 3130 feels like its full of sand though needs a service.

IMG-3526.jpg

Reactions: Darkness5.0

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17

- I have no plans to mod nor the skills, I am worry about reliability of the the newer VR3130 movement compare to A2836.
- I just want 3-4 years of reliability. Spent the last hour reading everything I could find on VR3130. Besides being a newer movement, i.e. no long term reviews, I didn't find any complaints..

VR3130 will have the same reliability as VR3135. Reliability is hit or miss with rep, including rep A2836. Get it serviced, whatever movment you choose, if you want to be sure.

Reactions: e60london

jodelaplaya

2/4/14

For a no date take the 2836 as it doesn't have date change a midnight, it the movement break you change to a Swiss 2836 and you are done for years! just to set time it will be reverse but honestly it's not a real issue

jasonwo

Horology Curious
19/1/17
For a no date take the 2836 as it doesn't have date change a midnight, it the movement break you change to a Swiss 2836 and you are done for years! just to set time it will be reverse but honestly it's not a real issue
I am looking for a no date 114060. Thanks a lot. I am going with 2836 - I am fine with reverse time setting.

Last edited:

LordElrond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
Wait... I have a C4R clasp code late model V2s... Do I already have the ARF clasp? I don't think so, since it's not that smooth!

Zenth

Known Member
12/9/20
I can’t see which point on strap that ZZF V2s different from V3 ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I still can’t figure out what movement I should choose. 2836 is cheaper what is benefit of the VR? Does the second hand sweep more accurately compared to gen?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I still can’t figure out what movement I should choose. 2836 is cheaper what is benefit of the VR? Does the second hand sweep more accurately compared to gen?

No - frequency is the same. Benefit of the VR: gen parts will (hopefully) fit without modification.