• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
ARF overall quality would definitely be worth waiting for that alone ... I hope it will not disappoint...

Probably will it is said it's gonna be a small upgrade. Their upgrades on V1 vs V3 are basically only the version name nothing else. There's so much to fix on V3 to get it looking anywhere near gen or near the newest sub reps ZZF, ZF and RFX so don't hope that much. Some have information its bracelet and hands that get the upgrade so rest is same inferior painted insert, high crystal, bad case, bad markers, bad rehaut and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Probably will it is said it's gonna be a small upgrade. Their upgrades on V1 vs V3 are basically only the version name nothing else. There's so much to fix on V3 to get it looking anywhere near gen or near the newest sub reps ZZF, ZF and RFX so don't hope that much. Some have information its bracelet and hands that get the upgrade so rest is same inferior painted insert, high crystal, bad case, bad markers, bad rehaut and so on.

arf v3 is still better than zzf v2s for the ln version

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
arf v3 is still better than zzf v2s for the ln version

Do you even know anything about these two watches and subs in general? Have you had both watches in hand?

Cause I have and ARF is not even close it screams fake so many flaws that catch your eyes straight away I listed some of them in my above post.

This is V2S:

IMG-3526.jpg

Subdued

20/11/19
Do you even know anything about these two watches and subs in general? Have you had both watches in hand?

Cause I have and ARF is not even close it screams fake so many flaws that catch your eyes straight away I listed some of them in my above post.

This is V2S:

IMG-3526.jpg

Where is your ARF?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

This is V2S:

IMG-3526.jpg

Don’t respond to hyperbole with hyperbole. Agree the ZZF is better - looking. But it still has flaws and its build quality is not on parity.

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Don’t respond to hyperbole with hyperbole. Agree the ZZF is better - looking. But it still has flaws and its build quality is not on parity.

Except hands, bracelet (so clasp) don't know what is better on ARF .. lume is wrong case is wrong vr3135 insert is better too on VRF dial is better rehaut is better !
if zzf upgrade hands and put the ARF bracelet I will take a no date for sure it will be freaking close to a gen

Reactions: watchboi

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

I don't understand the build quality hype with ARF its same Chinese rep has all the same misalignments, QC issues and so on and more so ARF is known for flaking insert and the pearl falling off. ZZF regarding build quality and toughness is a tank OTB you can swim with it all summer long and bang it everywhere and it looks as good as new and keeps ticking on.

I know I get bashed as ZZF fanboy but give me another sub rep that looks more gen and is as though and I will buy it right away.

BierMeister

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/8/20
Where is comparison to this and ZF Submariner?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
ARF is known for flaking insert and the pearl falling off.

Not really. Had mine since May 2018 - no problem like this...

Edit - for the avoidance of doubt, swimming, and climbing with it as well....

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Not really. Had mine since May 2018 - no problem like this...

Edit - for the avoidance of doubt, swimming, and climbing with it as well....

Then you must a have a really good one and you should treasure it.

Anyway these subs are getting crazy good and people are just nitpicking them too much specially the new members who haven't even seen any of these IRL. Someone just said in this thread he won't buy the V2S due to the X like you could ever see that IRL even if you know its there.

IMG-3744.jpg

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
Nobody will notice the flaws that many point out, unless you are unlucky and run into Marc Gebauer or similar people that handle such watches on a day to day basis. I let my Hulk 3135 ARFv2 handle by others that were like „the ultimate test is to see the direction the hands turn when you turn the crown“ and well, they did and fortunately wore pants so didn‘t mess the floor. I saw somebody post that the biggest tell is „you“ and I guess that is kind of true .. if you lose all your confidence and break into sweat you probably chose the wrong hobby. I‘m looking forward to a ZZF LN v3 now, have a v3 Hulk dial coming in and a RXF crystal to try around what I like best. Chill out, all is good ;)

Reactions: McPeace

mariot

22/2/19
zzf v2s (VR3130) = 478$
zzf v3 (A2836) = 428$ (with arf glidelock)

does not make sense..

PastyMan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/20
CONUS
zzf v2s (VR3130) = 478$
zzf v3 (A2836) = 428$ (with arf glidelock)

does not make sense..

VR3130 is a clone movement opposed to the A2836 Asian ETA. VR3130 will always be more expensive from ZZF. The reliability of each is open to debate. But with the VR3130 you have a lot more options for Gen Parts.

Reactions: Therion666