• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Not at all. I have been very surprised at the hysteric reactions under that thread. I can say that with good probability the ZF will be the best OOTB Sub. It has without doubts a better case, probably better bracelet, dial print is clearly crisper and the bezel and movement is the same. Ok they cost a bit more but it's not a tragedy. Sel gaps are actually minimal and less disturbing than the ones on RXF. Probably Angus will never answer again in that thread and I can't blame him for the kind of reaction certain members had. It could maybe seem a bit conceited to say because I am no expert but it seems that certain guys here lack even the basic knowledge to judge a sub with their eyes and just follow what masses say. Saying that ZF sub is trash is very inexact and will make noobs think that even if it's not true. Costly? Yes. With an average crystal? Maybe. But trash? Not at all.

Bravo. And I agree 100%. The trolling in that thread was beyond ridiculous. I was ashamed to have allowed myself to be pulled into it.

Reactions: foozoo58

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I love the feeling of having a new release in my hands straight away, but on this occasion I feel patience will be the key. I'm going to sit tight until I've seen pictures of this, the VSF and the ARF v4 in hand (and in daylight), but this definitely looks great. I've got a semi in fact.

I’ve reported your post to forum management. Talking about having a semi and a release in your hand are inappropriate in a thread where there are women, and very obviously, children.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
These are what I can notice at the moment and on my V2S no-date vs V2 no-date.

Rehaut:

Lower edge is now nice dark polished like gen. Check the below my pics these show it better.

V2

dsc_4169.jpg

V2S/V3

dsc_9977.jpg

Side by side you can see it better IRL its a lot nicer and you notice is it on wrist straight away. V2 has like a more of a straight wall without the edge.

Screenshot-2020-09-16-at-18-34-25.png

IMG-3619.jpg

Hands.

At least hour hand is now more gen like.

V2

dsc_4162.jpg

V2S/V3

dsc_9971.jpg

Dial:

The hour marker surrounds are now more bold / bigger and gen like.

V2

dsc_4144_-_-_2_.jpg

V2S/V3

dsc_9964_-_-_.jpg

Clasp:

You can see pics on JTime put V2 and V3 side by side the new clasp is more rounded and gen like. Clasp and safety clasp click much better also the whole clasp is different all around.

V2S left.

IMG-3621.jpg

Bezel/insert:

This is the big one the CF V3 bezel/insert is more nicer deeper black, better bezel teeth, updated pearl, lighter bezel turn/click and the markers are almost like gen in low light. Check the V2S no-date thread there's 20 pic a side by side with gen bezel/insert they're almost identical (gen a tad bit lighter in low light but not much difference).

V2S right (you can also notice the bolder hour marker surrounds here).

IMG-3645.jpg

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Last edited:
Reactions: Kostiksch and XLR8R

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
For all those calling the ZF absolute trash please explain because it already has the latest clean bezel that the upcoming zzf is getting. It has the same movement, irounded markerst has a new case kit and has random serials . The only thing I've seen said is about the sel gap. Is the instant hate justified?

I dont think anyone called it trash. It was just very hyped prior to the release, especially the crystal. The crystal isnt great and the magnification looks very off. Rehaut engraving is still not deep enough. Personally I dont care about SEL gap. It's a decent replica but the pricing makes you scratch your head thinking what exactly justifies the premium?

For me it's the rehaut engraving. It's the big tell on reps, it always seems to be too thin or poorly polished. This ZZF is very well done and gen like, sure you can find little flaws in it but that's only on a super OCD level. ARF factory bracelet. Crystal great. Cyclops amazing! I think you have to give ZZF huge props to this piece.

Arik dahan

Known Member
26/5/19
No date looks great except for the letter x on the dail so too bad ..
With date I have zzf with noob v9 case and strap of ar ..

Silver Fox Mulder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Thats me in the corner..
I dont think anyone called it trash. It was just very hyped prior to the release, especially the crystal. The crystal isnt great and the magnification looks very off. Rehaut engraving is still not deep enough. Personally I dont care about SEL gap. It's a decent replica but the pricing makes you scratch your head thinking what exactly justifies the premium?

For me it's the rehaut engraving. It's the big tell on reps, it always seems to be too thin or poorly polished. This ZZF is very well done and gen like, sure you can find little flaws in it but that's only on a super OCD level. ARF factory bracelet. Crystal great. Cyclops amazing! I think you have to give ZZF huge props to this piece.

I agree with this, I dont think anyone would call current reps trash by any means.
The ZF model was especially hyped... best Sub of 2020 we can answer that.. along with a price hike and pics that did not, at least in my own opinion seem to justify the additional cost

Also I take issue with people comparing a $500 watch to a $10,000 watch its comparing apples to oranges.

Firstly a (steel) Rolex is not represent a $10,000 watch, at most its a $1500 watch with a mark up of 800% in approximation sure different for PM or custom jobs but ultimately its luxury brand recognition and marketing that make up the bulk of the retail price factor in scarcity.

Secondly, the amount of investment to make changes to a new version. I think the mere fact that so many factories have suddenly jumped on the Sub bandwagon the past month or so suggests that they most certainly have sufficient funding and know how to make substantial changes to releases to make them more gen like

so why can't we have the expectation that the next release will be closer than the last. As customers why can we not voice dissatisfaction at way factories release reps with incremental changes and label it v1 v2 v3. We might as well all be labelled fools if we just keep accepting that this is the way it is. This is the way it is because we keep shrugging our shoulders and buying them and waiting for updates on the next versions.

The amount of money for a high quality rep is not insignificant as consumers we should expect high quality in return.

Lastly... This site and it members im sure make up a substantial customer base but let's not forget that there is a whole replica industry out there not just the few thousand of members here but literally 10s of thousands if not more of customers or merchants not a part of this site. My point here is that we are not talking about insignificant cosy operations... they are factories set up for the purpose of manufacturing thousands of items of product to fill a global demand.

People will interpret this the way they want, but i guess my main point is - If youre going to release a rep and ask for more money, at least make whatever changes significant enough that I can agree that the additional cost is quantifiable.. eg fix the insert, fix the crystal fix the bracelet then charge me $1000+ no worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: betterbezel

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Not at all. I have been very surprised at the hysteric reactions under that thread. I can say that with good probability the ZF will be the best OOTB Sub. It has without doubts a better case, probably better bracelet, dial print is clearly crisper and the bezel and movement is the same. Ok they cost a bit more but it's not a tragedy. Sel gaps are actually minimal and less disturbing than the ones on RXF. Probably Angus will never answer again in that thread and I can't blame him for the kind of reaction certain members had. It could maybe seem a bit conceited to say because I am no expert but it seems that certain guys here lack even the basic knowledge to judge a sub with their eyes and just follow what masses say. Saying that ZF sub is trash is very inexact and will make noobs think that even if it's not true. Costly? Yes. With an average crystal? Maybe. But trash? Not at all.

In my opinion the hysteria we saw was greatly tied to the hype that Angus initiated in regards to the watch. I don’t blame him, he was trying to be helpful, contribute, and initiate interest in the ZF sub. Certain details were “leaked” (ex. The crystal supposedly the best we’ve seen yet, the bracelet would out perform ARF, gap in the clasp we saw in prototype would be fixed, SEL’s that we’re “perfect”, the list continues....). Then when the watch released, it was missing a large portion of these details - details several members were looking forward to seeing in a rep watch. That led to harsh negative reactions - not trying to justify them - just hint towards the reasons of dissatisfaction. Honestly, members should have address their concerns in a more polite manner, but the world isn’t perfect.

If no information was “leaked” and this was a silent release - at a lower price point - I believe it would have been received on a more positive note. The watch is in no way a “horrible” replica. It’s simply difficult to justify the price when the value and “promises” people were looking for aren’t there.

With that said, we should probably try and keep this particular thread focused on the ZZF ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: CivilGra

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I agree with this, I dont think anyone would call current reps trash by any means.
The ZF model was especially hyped... best Sub of 2020 we can answer that.. along with a price hike and pics that did not, at least in my own opinion seem to justify the additional cost

Also I take issue with people comparing a $500 watch to a $10,000 watch its comparing apples to oranges.

Firstly a (steel) Rolex is not represent a $10,000 watch, at most its a $1500 watch with a mark up of 800% in approximation sure different for PM or custom jobs but ultimately its luxury brand recognition and marketing that make up the bulk of the retail price factor in scarcity.

Secondly, the amount of investment to make changes to a new version. I think the mere fact that so many factories have suddenly jumped on the Sub bandwagon the past month or so suggests that they most certainly have sufficient funding and know how to make substantial changes to releases to make them more gen like

so why can't we have the expectation that the next release will be closer than the last. As customers why can we not voice dissatisfaction at way factories release reps with incremental changes and label it v1 v2 v3. We might as well all be labelled fools if we just keep accepting that this is the way it is. This is the way it is because we keep shrugging our shoulders and buying them and waiting for updates on the next versions.

The amount of money for a high quality rep is not insignificant as consumers we should expect high quality in return.

Lastly... This site and it members im sure make up a substantial customer base but let's not forget that there is a whole replica industry out there not just the few thousand of members here but literally 10s of thousands if not more of customers or merchants not a part of this site. My point here is that we are not talking about insignificant cosy operations... they are factories set up for the purpose of manufacturing thousands of items of product to fill a global demand.

People will interpret this the way they want, but i guess my main point is - If youre going to release a rep and ask for more money, at least make whatever changes significant enough that I can agree that the additional cost is quantifiable.. eg fix the insert, fix the crystal fix the bracelet.

Until someone has had each release in hand to compare, I dont think you should draw any conclusions. You may be surprised both pleasantly and unpleasanntly when you compare different models in person. Until then it's all speculation

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Honestly, you really have this weird obssesion with me.

You should be flagged from even being on this site given your weak and mean spirited attitude.

He's not obsessed with you, this is just your twisted perception of reality. You're not the centre of the world, just because your mom says you are. I don't pop a mosquito with a newspaper because I'm obsessed with it, but because it's annoying. Just like you. You have 0 mileage, you bring nothing to the table, you're just clogging up threads with your childish posts ( like calling the ZF sub to be listed in NWBIG thread 5 minutes after Angus posted a thread about it ). Nobody finds your posts amusing, but you. Grow the f#@k up or go back to Reddit.

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
He's not obsessed with you, this is just your twisted perception of reality. You're not the centre of the world, just because your mom says you are. I don't pop a mosquito with a newspaper because I'm obsessed with it, but because it's annoying. Just like you. You have 0 mileage, you bring nothing to the table, you're just clogging up threads with your childish posts ( like calling the ZF sub to be listed in NWBIG thread 5 minutes after Angus posted a thread about it ). Nobody finds your posts amusing, but you. Grow the f#@k up or go back to Reddit.

NOPE DON'T HAVE REDDIT NEVER WILL. THANK YOU

GO FIX YOUR ATTITUDE

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
How is the bezel insert color on the V3? V2 is still too dark in low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shany

24/6/19
@heska
i tried to find the picture where it compared to gen side by side by a user, but couldnt find it anymore. i continue my search

Shany

24/6/19
Care to post a few pics of what u highlighted? Thx

Sure, this is zzf v2 3130, its getting dark in low light like all other subs after some wearing too.
It reminds me to the good old noobv7 lol....

i have a gen and ofcourse you cant compare each other, but ive read some opinions from users like "its 1:1 like gen". IT IS FOR SURE NOT!

c86e04849e73a82359b2813eadfe3d37.jpg

Last edited: