• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Oh come now. Its been discussed to death already. There are gens with a slightly thicker DW. Also while the hands on this ZF look pretty good they are still rough around the edges.

I dont think the price is really justified over the ZZF or VSF.

You can certainly argue its justified over the zzf. Better crownguards better rehaut alignment, better pearl, serial is random and place correctly between marks, better bezel teeth. And its entirely 904. But this is only gonna matter if the quality is there in hand

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
WHY 100 DOLLAR MORE THAN VSF?

Well, 904l steel is 1 reason. They use their own hulk dial as I understood from PT, cyclops looking very genlike! good hands and CF bezel. The clasp finish is insane, same with brushing. Sad about the gaps, but u wont see irl.
Tbh this watch is supreme in my eyes.

Wtf wasn't VSF 904l as well?

Thinh911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
The spacing between “L” and “Y” on the LN is bothering me still. The spacing on the LV seems correct.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Oh come now. Its been discussed to death already. There are gens with a slightly thicker DW. Also while the hands on this ZF look pretty good they are still rough around the edges.

I dont think the price is really justified over the ZZF or VSF.

Yes, it has, and the consensus is it's too thick. and so are the hands.

I'm not rooting for either at the moment, but on balance, this looks better, to me, than the VSF and the ZZF...

Edit - I'm also not saying it justifies the cost - the VSF could easily fix those issues and turn it out at the same price.

Last edited:

arpa90

2/11/18
better pearl

Considering both use Clean Factory Inserts i dont see how one can be better then the other.

and so are the hands.

Yeah the hands on the VSF are in my opinion the biggest issue. The ones on this ZF look pretty good even though they are a bit rough.

But then you have a great looking crystal+cyclops. And so far on pics the ZF looks worse.

You got to pick and choose whats important to you.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Considering both use Clean Factory Inserts i dont see how one can be better then the other.

Yeah the hands on the VSF are in my opinion the biggest issue. The ones on this ZF look pretty good even though they are a bit rough.

But then you have a great looking crystal+cyclops. And so far on pics the ZF looks worse.

You got to pick and choose whats important to you.

they use the clean insert but there own pearl

Reactions: Tione12

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Bruh i read the 904l post but i missed that, i'm pretty sure that it's not the case, do you have a link? and by hybrid it means that only the clasp is 316l right?

He just wrote it is hybrid. Think the case is 904 and maybe links, but clasp is 316. We will see when he post final in the thread.. wonder what happened to the results. Think the factories goo maad.

Tete

4/11/16
first we will have to wait for real photos and videos to see if it is really worth the case, as many know, that is the first thing I look at in a rep, if this is not good the rest I do not care. Overall it looks good but to me it could be an unusable sub if your case is not at least like VSF. The ZF CGs don't look good, they are not well defined and they are rounded ... but let's wait until we see it in real photos.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
Do you have anything to back up that claim?

According to Angus’ post, the factories that use pure 904L are ARF and ZF, except for bracelet screws.

The others use mixed 316L/F and 904L parts.
Usually cases and clasps are made of 316F/L.

I’m not saying that 316F/L parts are not good, but we must say that are cheaper.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
According to Angus’ post, the factories that use pure 904L are ARF and ZF, except for bracelet screws.

The others use mixed 316L/F and 904L parts.
Usually cases and clasps are made of 316F/L.

I’m not saying that 316F/L parts are not good, but we must say that are cheaper.

Yeah i read that post, but it was not specified which parts were 316 and which 904l, for every factory at least.

By the way, we are talking cheaper but it's still something like 5 $ vs 20$ of steel, it's basically nothing

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
In the websites they say 904L for the case. Puretime as well, if they know it is 316 they should update the info

Reactions: rolexppapfan

Riky90

Horology Curious
3/10/20
Italia

these are my photos sth, all in all it seems well done expect to have this zf in your hands ???????? what do you think? my only perplexity is the sweep that you see in the closure of the strap, it seems a bit too much, I hope it's the light that makes that effect

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19

these are my photos sth, all in all it seems well done expect to have this zf in your hands ???????? what do you think? my only perplexity is the sweep that you see in the closure of the strap, it seems a bit too much, I hope it's the light that makes that effect

LOVE IT! Hope I get mine fast.. these ZF's looking very good!

Reactions: Riky90

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Is it me or the hole is bigger than usual in the center of the dial ? And dimple