• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
As far as I can recall LV and LN have always been the same price in a parallel model release by the same factory. This is clearly price gouging cuckery by ZF.

http://jtime.cc/us/submariner-11661...tion-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a3135-v2s.html
http://jtime.cc/us/submariner-11661...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a3135-v2.html

$528 vs $478. I know the LV is an 's' but was there $50 worth of 's' in the LV / Is there a v2's' black?

To be honest, it makes sense to me that the LV is more expensive - the dial and especially the insert are not a simple flat colour like the LN.
The question is if ZF managed that... LV was more expensive in gen as well.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
http://jtime.cc/us/submariner-11661...tion-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a3135-v2s.html
http://jtime.cc/us/submariner-11661...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a3135-v2.html

$528 vs $478. I know the LV is an 's' but was there $50 worth of 's' in the LV / Is there a v2's' black?

To be honest, it makes sense to me that the LV is more expensive - the dial and especially the insert are not a simple flat colour like the LN.
The question is if ZF managed that... LV was more expensive in gen as well.
Great example, always happy to learn. Aye, I think the S there was a reference to the use of a CF insert and overall smaller improvement (s), in comparison to the V2 LN without the S. Noob had something similar, except their V10s (Youth edition) was cheaper than their V10. Quirky.

In this case, if the LV was improved for ZF as in the case of ZZF, that makes sense. But it seems more so the case that because in gen the LV is more in demand, so must the rep. It's creeping towards Daytona pricing for a watch with relatively simpler mechanics (4130 true was revolutionary; 3135 true clone is simpler in comparison), and that's somewhat irksome. Capitalism though ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I remember reading somewhere that one of the TDs said the LV costs more to make. This could be the reason for the price difference? Or not.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The price difference is due to the CF insert

Btadl1997

12/2/18
I think the Ln and Lv intime posted is still a pre production example. Read his description at the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
They’re rep prices copying the gen prices.

LV are always more than the LN.

Next Angus will be offering Gen like wait lists or only sell to preferred customer with +$10k annual spends.

Watch looks great, always had faith in ZF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Mmh from Intime's pictures we can't really see anything about the crystal quality, actually, the cyclops seems almost hazier than the noob v11 with a very bad blue hue to it. Sadly those artificial studio light create a halo effect even if there is none IRL (see ARF gmt 116710). I don't really see how someone could say from those studio pictures that the crystal was good with a good black hole lmao.

Noob v11:

ZF:

So yeah, nothing more to say about the crystal until we have real life pictures of it (even if the first irl pictures that Puretime posted showed that there was no black hole, hope to be wrong tho.

SELs are trash, but we already knew that, last time i saw those 4 gaps in all 4 SELs spots was in the noob v9.

Noob v11:

ZF:

The clasp lock is too short at the beginning, and kinda warped, but i can't be bothered to post the pictures, you can easily see it in any td's website. Hopefully it was only for that one watch.

Can someone tell me again where is the price increase justified for this release? Anyone knows? Why would someone spend 558 bucks for this when the XF is available for 388? with a much better crystal? Bruh.

And yeah, i agree with kennygconspiracy , the greed is outstanding.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
mari115 completely agreed. Funnily enough I expected the TD shots to be better than what was delivered. Genuinely have no idea how people think this lived up to the hype. How can you charge so much for SEL gaps like that? This is pure greed. I'm genuinely glad VSF came into the market for this rep. If other factories continue with this method RXF will be swimming in money.

But hey, maybe they'll fix these issues and charge a tiny extra premium of $600 USD for the next version.

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
mari115 completely agreed. Funnily enough I expected the TD shots to be better than what was delivered. Genuinely have no idea how people think this lived up to the hype. How can you charge so much for SEL gaps like that? This is pure greed. I'm genuinely glad VSF came into the market for this rep. If other factories continue with this method RXF will be swimming in money.

But hey, maybe they'll fix these issues and charge a tiny extra premium of $600 USD for the next version.

What are you guys talking about? As others have mentioned SEL gap would show with any angle and background light. Even a Gen has sel gap. Can you show me why the SEL gap is so bad?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What are you guys talking about? As others have mentioned SEL gap would show with any angle and background light. Even a Gen has sel gap. Can you show me why the SEL gap is so bad?

I have handled gens and never seen SEL gaps like that. Not trying to "bicker" but the person stating the SEL gap would be prominent in any lighting is just wrong. I've even handled Ginaults that have tight SEL gaps. I don't have an ARF sub anymore but my ARF YMs have tighter SEL gaps. Mari115 posted a photo of the Noobs having tighter SEL gaps in the exact same background light. His comparison photos are all the proof you need.

foozoo58

Banned
20/11/19
I have handled gens and never seen SEL gaps like that. Not trying to "bicker" but the person stating the SEL gap would be prominent in any lighting is just wrong. I've even handled Ginaults that have tight SEL gaps. I don't have an ARF sub anymore but my ARF YMs have tighter SEL gaps. Mari115 posted a photo of the Noobs having tighter SEL gaps in the exact same background light. His comparison photos are all the proof you need.

I understand but his pic shows the ZF having tighter SEL gaps than the NOOB. It doesnt make sense what he is saying

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I understand but his pic shows the ZF having tighter SEL gaps than the NOOB. It doesnt make sense what he is saying

I have no idea how you reached that conclusion but if that's how you see it and feel comfortable with the price then maybe you found the replica for you.

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned
20/11/19
I have no idea how you reached that conclusion but if that's how you see it and feel comfortable with the price then maybe you found the replica for you.

My mind is open. Can you circle how the exact SEL gaps you are talking about. Maybe I am missing something?

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
WTF ?
edb3e2039cf882aa958405a7371b06c3.jpg

4920344179c012d946a33573e4d77357.jpg

Reactions: Duckber

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
but the person stating the SEL gap would be prominent in any lighting is just wrong.

I'm at work, so can only show whats on my wrist right now, but here you go. And theres little to nothing between the manufacturing tolerances of Tudor and Rolex.

If you have a backlight (I didn't say any lighting), you will see a gap, mainly because the light will blow the highlight on the inside edge of the lug / SEL making it look bigger than it is.

This is a fact, and one which I know well because I commission photography for the watch and jewellery sector (including shooting Rolex for high street chains). It's always something that gets sorted in retouching.

Furthermore, if you're expecting better tolerances on a $500 fake than this $3,500 gen then you're on a different planet.

76507066-B273-490-B-B89-B-0-A30-D5347499.jpg

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Mmh from Intime's pictures we can't really see anything about the crystal quality, actually, the cyclops seems almost hazier than the noob v11 with a very bad blue hue to it. Sadly those artificial studio light create a halo effect even if there is none IRL (see ARF gmt 116710). I don't really see how someone could say from those studio pictures that the crystal was good with a good black hole lmao.

Noob v11:

ZF:

So yeah, nothing more to say about the crystal until we have real life pictures of it (even if the first irl pictures that Puretime posted showed that there was no black hole, hope to be wrong tho.

SELs are trash, but we already knew that, last time i saw those 4 gaps in all 4 SELs spots was in the noob v9.

Noob v11:

ZF:

The clasp lock is too short at the beginning, and kinda warped, but i can't be bothered to post the pictures, you can easily see it in any td's website. Hopefully it was only for that one watch.

Can someone tell me again where is the price increase justified for this release? Anyone knows? Why would someone spend 558 bucks for this when the XF is available for 388? with a much better crystal? Bruh.

And yeah, i agree with kennygconspiracy , the greed is outstanding.

SELs trash?

Good luck buying a gen in that case.

6f3a8991c6ed5fa1018e3a0bfaf00909b3ee99c3.jpg

Reactions: muiramas