• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Got the QC of the latest batch ZF Hulk.
Are the SEL gaps acceptable? Does an amplitude of 226 to be rather on the low side for the 3135?
Any comments are welcome.
ZVglb5.jpg

ZVgC5F.png

Can you post more QC?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just got the ZF Hulk in.
It looks great, though when locking down the crown from the 1st position it also does the winding action onto the movement, it supposed not to be under normal circustances.
Does this mean the winding stem is being too long or too short?
KJ2020 Do you have any idea what is the problem? Thanks.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
My ZF makes exactly the same.

I have found out the problem actually comes from the crown itself. When the spring inside the crown is compressed, the little end is supposed to turn freely, but in this case it is stuck so it will take on the winding action when you screw the crown down.
Change to a normal functioning crown will solve the problem.

Last edited:

Fraist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/21
Germany
I need to change crown (where to fond one) or i have to remove the spring from the crown?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I need to change crown (where to fond one) or i have to remove the spring from the crown?

No, you can't remove the spring inside the crown.
You can check with TD's if they can supply you a new crown.

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
A newb question, but i haven’t seen it in the zillion or so posts I’ve scoured…

You know how some folks are bothered by CG and lug shape, bracelet bend angle, etc…? I get bothered by center link edges that can shave your fingernails.

I’ve gone through models by VSF, ARF and Noob hoping not to get this, but it doesn’t seem to be something that gets addressed by the rep makers. Is the ZF 116610 any better in this respect?

I may eventually have to buy a tool to disassemble the bracelets, so that i can chamfer the links, unless someone offers this as a service. I’ve just been switching them out with Everest rubber straps.

This is the area I’m talking about. Usually pretty sharp. The outside edges are never a problem, but I can literally trim my nails on the inside by sliding them horizontally across the bracelet.
jZTaCp.jpg

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

You know how some folks are bothered by CG and lug shape, bracelet bend angle, etc…? I get bothered by center link edges that can shave your fingernails.

I’ve gone through models by VSF, ARF and Noob hoping not to get this, but it doesn’t seem to be something that gets addressed by the rep makers. Is the ZF 116610 any better in this respect?

I may eventually have to buy a tool to disassemble the bracelets, so that i can chamfer the links, unless someone offers this as a service. I’ve just been switching them out with Everest rubber straps.

This is the area I’m talking about. Usually pretty sharp. The outside edges are never a problem, but I can literally trim my nails on the inside by sliding them horizontally across the bracelet.
jZTaCp.jpg

I just got in a ZF Sub. I can tell you it is not anything better in terms of bracelet edge/midlink sharpness. The outer edges of the ZF band is pretty sharp too which is actually kinda cutting my wrist.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

jZTaCp.jpg

my genuine one is just as sharp as my rep vsf, it's not a problem

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
I just got in a ZF Sub. I can tell you it is not anything better in terms of bracelet edge/midlink sharpness. The outer edges of the ZF band is pretty sharp too which is actually kinda cutting my wrist.

That's kind of disappointing. I've had good luck with the outer edges so far, but I typically do a fair amount of refinishing like a lunatic when the watches arrive. Just can't get in between the links.

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
my genuine one is just as sharp as my rep vsf, it's not a problem

Thanks for letting me know that. It's been a good amount of time since I held a gen oyster bracelet, and I never actually ran my fingernails across the links. The VSF Sub was definitely better than my ARF GMT, but still sharper than I had expected. Though the GMT has polished center links, which may play a part. I should check out an AD so that I have a better frame of reference.

lucadieci

Looking Around
9/7/21
Hey Leute,
mich bin recht neu hier und das ist meine zweite Bestellung.

Ich habe die QC Bilder von meiner ZF sub bekommen. Nun meine Frage aben die das Ziffernblatt getauscht? Die
Schriftart des „ft“ ist nun anders als vor den Razzien oder täusche ich mich? Bei den TD Webseiten haben die die aktuelle Version der Schriftart

Liebe Grüße

lucadieci

Looking Around
9/7/21
Sorry guys, I'm quite new here and this is my second order. I got the QC pictures from my ZF sub. Now my question about changing the dial? The The font of the "ft" is now different than it was before the raids or am I mistaken? The TD websites have the current version of the font best regards

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Sorry guys, I'm quite new here and this is my second order. I got the QC pictures from my ZF sub. Now my question about changing the dial? The The font of the "ft" is now different than it was before the raids or am I mistaken? The TD websites have the current version of the font best regards
What's the point of the question?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

lucadieci

Looking Around
9/7/21
What's the point of the question?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The question was if someone knows that ZF has a new dial font because the font is now a other font, on the td website pictures from which I ordered they have the 2021 font (big F in the „ft“) and the question is if has something to do with the raids maybe other dealer for the dial